User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    For God does love all, including homosexuals, he hates none. Just the acts.
    Hate the sin but not the sinner. But wouldn't you say the same about pedophiles or murderers for all that matter?

Wouldn't believers still be in favor of suppressing the behavior with deadly force if necessary?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    For God does love all, including homosexuals, he hates none.
    Thus burning Sodom and Gomorrah to the ground were divine acts of -fiery- passionate love; for indeed God works in mysterious ways.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Watched the whole thing, cried a little, proud of that family for getting arrested outside of Focus on the Family.

Oh and, having spent too many years attending "biblical literalist" churches, it was eye-opening to hear the scholarship re: the cultural context in which the passages in question were written.

Especially the bit about Sodom's sin being that of inhospitality. Inhospitality among the wealthy seems to be common in our modern times. One could argue that the US's immigration policies reflect that. Part of me would be very interested to see a higher power scorch our asses because of it.

Shocking to see the incomes of those 'men of god'.

I typed the African American family: dad is ISTJ, mom is ESFJ, daughter is INTP. That's why dad came around sooner than mom. Loved the daughter's comments about coming out to her mom - "remarkably unsuccessful." Such a witty NT way of saying it. Made me laugh.

Finally, I should be put to death immediately for all of the shellfish I've consumed.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I apologize Jennifer. I just have one final statement to make on the subject.
    Please don't apologize to me.
    I was just stating my personal feelings at the moment.
    That's just where I've gotten right now.

You are all free to continue or discontinue the conversation as you believe you should do. I'm not an authority.

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    Finally, I should be put to death immediately for all of the shellfish I've consumed.
    Yet one more good reason for me to eat that steak!

Especially the bit about Sodom's sin being that of inhospitality.
    I don't think our modern western culture "gets" just how BIG that "hospitality" thing was to the culture of the time. We see some reflections of it in the etiquette of the eastern/asian cultures (in its concept of "social face"), and in fact the Judaic culture was much more eastern than western in style and thinking.

Really, mistreating and not ministering to outsiders was pretty contemptible business... and attempting to gang-rape them in order to publicly embarrass them is an abuse beyond imagining... totally believable as a "final straw" towards Sodom and Gamorrah's destruction, which is why the New Testament specifically alludes to the inhospitality of the cities as the reason for their demise.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post

Hope it'll still make rainbows.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Please don't apologize to me.
    I was just stating my personal feelings at the moment.
    That's just where I've gotten right now.

You are all free to continue or discontinue the conversation as you believe you should do. I'm not an authority.
    There is text in her avatar that betrays her lies!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Hope it'll still make rainbows.
    How come we never see this outside Red Lobster?

There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Homosexuality on it's own isn't negative. It's only the human constructs and perceptions that make it so. The best objective measuring stick is nature. There are thousands of documented cases of homosexuality across many species of animals. Some even remain together throughout their lives, choosing a surrogate when they want children, only to go back to their homosexual partner and raise the offspring. Nothing bad occurs. None of the other animals seem to have a problem with it and the species continues as usual. If it was truly wrong, wouldn't nature (empirical science) reflect that?
    the film claimed that, including housecats, even! I had forgotten to mention this.
    I had never even heard this claim before, and it had always appeared to me that nature spoke against it. Animals get together for procreation, not for "love" as we know it; which is a factor in who we hook up with; and same sex won't achive their goal of having offpring. Animals like dogs will sniff each other, when they see they're both the same gender, they won't try to mate.
    Could this be a new argument devised in the argument? Years ago, I saw one pro-gay book trying to argue from nature have to appeal to other life forms such as many plants and perhaps lower animal forms to try to prove nature favors it. Now, all of a sudden, where are they getting these claims with all of these other, more developed animals from?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    There is text in her avatar that betrays her lies!
    Silly mortal, do you think if I was lying I would make my duplicity so obvious? Bwa ha ha ha! (You'll burn for this, Magic!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft