ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by creativeRhino View Post
    Cancer is also a good cure for Athiesm
    too bad praying doesnt do shit to tumors

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    too bad praying doesnt do shit to tumors
    It can if they believe it enough. Which means that those that don't have their tumors go away, must not have believed in God enough.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    So for all the atheists here, there's still hope for you!
    I don't have to convert, I already did before I became an atheist. According to your religion (assuming that you're not catholic, I think), I can now live my life of atheistic hedonism and still get into the same place that you do.

MBTI
    NICE

So for all the atheists here, there's still hope for you!
    I assume that your analysis includes all the atheists that did not covert to Catholicism (or other such fiction) on their death beds?

Presumably if we supplied a few non-recanting atheists' names that would illustrate the opposite? - "For all you believers - there's no hope for you yet!".

All the best.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Another idiotic topic by Peguy.
    Oh stop embarrasing yourself!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Maybe that's just the story, eh? Like, he's not around to deny it, so his family decided he's Catholic now? I don't know.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I don't have to convert, I already did before I became an atheist. According to your religion (assuming that you're not catholic, I think), I can now live my life of atheistic hedonism and still get into the same place that you do.
    Perhaps, but it's good to remember that deathbed conversions are not an absolute gurantee that one will get into heaven, especially if one takes the attitude you have. God isn't a fool you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    There's no direct proof of that, only a dubious letter from his boyfriend Robert Ross, telling he converted a few minutes before dying. But the doctors, who were both present, never acknowledged this story.

Wilde was a fierce atheist during most of intellectual life. And since the Roman catholic Church then condemned any act of homosexuality as one of the most immoral and evil sin, the possibility that Wilde really converted remains quite questionable.

The paper you quoted, Peguy, is extremely unaccurate about Wilde's life and facts, and I fear its author is inventing half of them (I've studied Wilde's diary in the National Library of France, so he can't fool me). It's so deeply biased it's almost ridiculous.
    The death bed conversion is an old trope of Catholicism.

It is simply an old, worn out cliche of Catholic propaganda.

And it is simply bad taste to keep on trotting it out.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Perhaps, but it's good to remember that deathbed conversions are not an absolute gurantee that one will get into heaven, especially if one takes the attitude you have. God isn't a fool you know.
    I was under the impression that the verse "confess with your mouth and believe with your heart" (or roughly like that, at least), was not conditional. I've done both, so aren't I saved now? I mean, otherwise, it would mean that the bible is not 100% accurate, which wouldn't be a very good thing for the infallible word of god.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I was under the impression that the verse "confess with your mouth and believe with your heart" (or roughly like that, at least), was not conditional. I've done both, so aren't I saved now?
    No, you're saved when you're dead. You cannot declare yourself "saved" before judgement.

Plus, there's a difference between Perfect contrition and Imperfect contrition. Perfect contrition is when a person confesses to sin because they are geniunely sorry for it. Imperfect contrition is when somebody confesses to sin largely because they're afraid of going to Hell. Although imperfect contrition is recognised, it's recognised as also being second-nature to Perfect contrition.

So if one is really interested in being saved, they would try to strive for perfect contrition as much as possible. By settling for the bare minimum necessary for salvation(Minimalism), you're playing a dangerous game with your soul really.