• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Slow Dance with Victor

Mole

Permabanned
Weird and Disgusting

I would like to concur, but I've seen some weird people elsewhere.

It is a surprise to me to discover I'm weird.

But it seems I do something that is rare.

I am not only in touch with my inner life, but I delight in bringing it into the outer life.

And this is breaking a taboo.

All taboos are based on a distinction such as the distinction between a boy and a girl. In fact the very first question they ask when you pop out of the womb is, "Is it a boy or a girl". So gender is a very basic distinction.

But an even more basic distinction is between the inner and the outer.

For instance, take a glass of water and drink it. Then spit into the glass of water and drink it. And although both glasses and their contents are almost identical, one is delicious and the other is disgusting.

And it is the emotion of disgust that shows us we have broken a taboo.

And we have broken the taboo of mixing the inner with the outer.

And it is this taboo I break to your unconscious disgust.

So I am not so much weird as disgusting.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm sure it is.

To the dislike of everybody else.

Well there you have it folks.....straight from the horse's mouth.

And of course focusing only on the outer is life denying.

And how interesting that the Outers gather together in one spot, under one banner and one ideology and one father, Jung. Solely for the purpose of keeping the inner repressed.

And what is fascinating is the sheer energy that is needed to keep the inner repressed.

We must leap from topic to topic in the never ending hope of evading our inner life.

But it comes at a cost - we are estranged from ourselves - we are strangers to ourselves and strangers to each other.

In fact we are simply strange.

But the inner of each of us is crying out for recognition and contact. But we are simply unable to reach out and hold hands.

So instead of holding hands we have devised a mechanical system of four letters to give us a kind of surrogate contact.

But the inner life withers in each of us and we become more fearful until we become so paranoid, we reach for a gun.

We thought we could turn ourselves into mechanical robots with four magic letters, but we have only succeeded in turning ourselves into strangers.

And finally we become so strange we become paranoid.

And anyone who dips into the delights of the inner life is weird and disgusting and must be removed for the good of all.

Mole

Permabanned
Oh, I'm sorry did I miss the public vote where we made you our spokesman?

Our dear Peguy is indeed the spokesman for the repressed.

Peguy is immensely valuable in his nakedness.

And it's true, that like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before the Fall, he is innocent of his nakedness.

And it's his innocence that makes him the perfect mirror for the rest of us.

We can hold him up and see what we are like inside.

We are him, and he is us.

He is our deep inner self irrupting onto the surface.

And we repress him only at our peril.

So I suggest we encourage him, as it is in his hatred and insults that we glimpse our own repressed selves.

If there is one person we can't do without, if there is one person who is essential, it is Peguy.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I do not find Victor's writings especially weird. Even here. Why should I?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I tend not to read 90% of Victor's posts simply because it's too notstraightforward. Many statements are made, which can only be interpreted as poetry, and I'm not a fan of that in general. When he goes on a metaphorical tangent I begin to lose my mind and patience. But perhaps this a fault of my own. I find his style quite poetic, but as I said, I am not a fan of reading poetry.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I tend not to read 90% of Victor's posts simply because it's too notstraightforward. Many statements are made, which can only be interpreted as poetry, and I'm not a fan of that in general. When he goes on a metaphorical tangent I begin to lose my mind and patience. But perhaps this a fault of my own. I find his style quite poetic, but as I said, I am not a fan of reading poetry.

I have a totally opposite interpretation of Victor's posts. I do not see any "metaphor", or any "tangent", I find him refreshingly more straightforward and meaningfull than most shallow posters.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I have a totally opposite interpretation of Victor's posts. I do not see any "metaphor", or any "tangent", I find him refreshingly more straightforward and meaningfull than most shallow posters.

Just looking back a few posts I find:

Our dear Peguy is indeed the spokesman for the repressed.

And it's true, that like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before the Fall, he is innocent of his nakedness.

And it's his innocence that makes him the perfect mirror for the rest of us.

We can hold him up and see what we are like inside.

We are him, and he is us.

To me this SEEMS like a metaphorical tangent. But as you and I both disagree over the nature of Victor's posts, then, well, maybe it is just a matter of perspective.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I fear you confuse tangent metaphor, with clarity in depth.

Victor's post is very clear, very accurate. But it's dense, because each word has a purpose, despite their subtle sense of irony. You can't skip any.

Placebo: What kind of books do you usually read? Maybe you simply aren't trained enough to read Victor's style?
Victor is a very fast thinker, considerably more erudite than the average poster here. And I would understand It's not always easy to follow his pace.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I fear you confuse tangent metaphor, with clarity in depth.

Victor's post is very clear, very accurate. But it's dense, because each word has a purpose, despite their irony.

Placebo: What kind of books do you usually read?

tangent: A topic nearly unrelated to the main topic, but having a point in common with it.

example: Our dear Peguy is indeed the spokesman for the repressed.
unrelated topics: spokesman for the repressed; valuable in his nakedness
common point: Peguy

metaphor: One thing conceived as representing another; a symbol

example: It's his innocence that makes him the perfect mirror for the rest of us.

I do not deny that there may be clarity and depth to his sayings, I do not deny that they have a purpose, but there are indeed the use of similes and metaphors as well as the appearance of going off on a tangent. I do not always find his messages to be clearcut, I do not always agree with his metaphors. I do not always have the interest in putting the effort into trying to understand the meaning he is conveying with his words.

I tend to read non-fiction books, and 'classics'. Currently I am reading Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl, from a recommendation by someone. The last fiction book I read was Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky which I very much enjoyed. One of my favourite books is the Denial of Death by Ernest Becker. The next book I plan to read is Barack Obama's first book Dreams From my Father, lol, mainly because my sister has borrowed it (within reach) and I suppose it would be good to have a better idea about who the next president of the USA is.

Mole

Permabanned
Why would you want to wear a mask?

Well, my dear Hmm, consider what I am doing.

I am being completely vulnerable in public and at the same time I am protecting myself.

I normally do this by entering a trance which allows me to be both vulnerable and protected.

So the first reason I would think of wearing a mask is to provide protection. But a mask would seem to be redundant.

So perhaps the mask might provide another purpose. Perhaps it is a dramatic purpose to draw attention to myself.

But I suspect it is to take attention off my naked face.

Also a mask makes the viewer more comfortable because they are no longer looking at a naked human being.

So without the mask I am being fully myself in public - and I am a threat to all those who wear the quotidian mask of everyday.

While with the mask I become another entertainer - and I entertain.

So it gets down to a choice between ecstasy and entertainment.

Which would you prefer?