• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Slow Dance with Victor

Mole

Permabanned
I do freak people out by dancing very slowly in public.

And I mean really slowly - so slowly I barely seem to be moving.

First people walking past seem to see nothing. Then they do a double take. Then they look away in embarrassment. Then they can't help glancing back until they are out of sight.

Of course when I am slow dancing, as I slow my movements my thoughts slow right along with them. Until my thoughts are barely moving - and I am in a middle to deep trance.

And the best way to put someone in a trance is to go into a trance yourself.

So those walking past are entranced by my trance.

They are freaked out.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

First people walking past seem to see nothing. Then they do a double take. Then they look away in embarrassment. Then they can't help glancing back until they are out of sight.

Of course when I am slow dancing, as I slow my movements my thoughts slow right along with them. Until my thoughts are barely moving - and I am in a middle to deep trance.

They are freaked out.

love this! haha i wish i could see that.

Mole

Permabanned
love this! haha i wish i could see that.

Well, I'm just about to make six videos around the city of me slow dancing and the reactions.

So far I haven't decided whether I should wear a mask or not.

Actually, as I enter the trance my face does become a kind of mask and I deeply relax and everything seems as slow as my movements.

So you will be able to see me then.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm SO going to do the slow dancing btw!

I started to do the very slow dancing as a kind of spiritual exercise. And it is very effective way for me to enter a trance.

So I do the dancing for a purpose, not to freak anyone out. It just happened in the park, I noticed the interesting reaction of other people.

So if you wanted to do the slow dancing, you might get more out of it by focusing inward at first.

Then after a while you will be able to maintain the trance plane with your eyes open.

It's like having your inner world out in open in public. Normally we are too vulnerable to do this. But in a trance one is so relaxed and free from anxiety or worry that it becomes possible to become completely vulnerable in public.

I guess I want to tell you I do the slow dancing for an inner reason.

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP

They are freaked out.
I'm freaked out just reading this.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm freaked out just reading this.

Bless you.

We can be the furry freaks together.

But yes the slow dancing is a profound experience so it is no surprise that those who witness it also have a mildly profound experience.

Of course they are caught off guard - but they don't laugh - they are kinda weirded out - and feel a bit embarrassed - but can't help looking.

Of course when you are familiar with trance it all seems normal.

Mole

Permabanned
That total exposure of the self in public while feeling safe. . .

Yes, slow dancing is like writing.

In writing I become vulnerable in public but at the same time I am protected by the distance between the writer and reader.

And in slow dancing I am vulnerable in public but am protected by the deep trance induced by the very slow movement.

And indeed there seems to be nothing more pleasurable than being open and vulnerable and protected.

It's like being a vulnerable baby once again in the protective arms of your mother.

Totally irresistible.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Whenever I read your stuff, Victor, I feel like there is no way you are a real person. Or, if you are and I met you, you would be really embarrassed and would not say anything.

(This is not meant to be offensive, that just is my "feeling" about you. You are very mercurial)

Mole

Permabanned
Victor, if you shoot the slow dance, shoot it in a really busy crossroads (lots o walking people) with a tripod and then make the clip go many times faster. It would look awesome when you dance with about the normal dance speed and the people around you seem just flashing by.

Yes, the purpose of slow dancing is to change my inner life.

My purpose is not performance.

My purpose is not to create an external event but to create an internal event.

And what is interesting is that internal events seem to be mildly contagious.

In other words, internal events can be shared quite easily.

All that is needed is that the internal event be genuine.

But the immediate problem is that an internal event shared in public makes us vulnerable.

So the problem becomes, how can we be vulnerable and protected as we share our internal life.

And I have found I can do this in writing and slow dancing.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
So, the only reason you would tape this is that you want to share the experience with us (and maybe make us appreciate ourselves more)?

Mole

Permabanned
Whenever I read your stuff, Victor, I feel like there is no way you are a real person. Or, if you are and I met you, you would be really embarrassed and would not say anything.

(This is not meant to be offensive, that just is my "feeling" about you. You are very mercurial)

Actually I like company and I am sure I would enjoy yours.

I have breakfast every morning at the Bakery, alfresco, at a table on the pavement.

Quite often people will join me at the table. And I talk about the internet and tell them about you and what I think of it all.

And yes, mercurial is an accurate way to describe me.

At a formal level I am described as Over-Excitable (OE) but I prefer to say I am highly excitable.

But of course, "mercurial", is even better.

Mole

Permabanned
So, the only reason you would tape this is that you want to share the experience with us (and maybe make us appreciate ourselves more)?

Actually I am exploring www.seesmic.com and I don't know how to start with them.

So I thought I might start with six videos of slow dancing.

Of course seesmic is for video conversation. So I would expect the videos would be conversation starters.

I guess seesmic is for making contact and so far I haven't made contact there yet.

I don't know whether I should start by reading, "Wind in the Willows", to them or to show them slow dancing.

Both the book and the dancing are equally important to me. So perhaps either one would do.

If you were me, which one would you choose?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
If you were me, which one would you choose?

I think you should go with slow dancing. It is more personal. I haven't read Wind in the Willows, but anyways, I think that slow dancing will most likely show more of what you are than reading the book. But, I have my biases, I usually prefer the more personal approach.

Mole

Permabanned
I think you should go with slow dancing. It is more personal. I haven't read Wind in the Willows, but anyways, I think that slow dancing will most likely show more of what you are than reading the book. But, I have my biases, I usually prefer the more personal approach.

OK, Nolla, I will go with the slow dancing - but if it doesn't work, I will blame you.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
OK, Nolla, I will go with the slow dancing - but if it doesn't work, I will blame you.

Hah, yeah, you do that :D If it doesn't work, you can read the book, so it isn't like you lose anything.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Moved from here.

Victor, you can change the title if you'd like to reflect the topic more accurately.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
They taught me that before I made any decision, to first find someone to blame.

But it is wrong to blame other people... The people don't want to harm anyone (usually). I think you shouldn't hang out with those guys :devil:

Mole

Permabanned
But it is wrong to blame other people... The people don't want to harm anyone (usually). I think you shouldn't hang out with those guys :devil:

Hey, these guys are bureaucrats - they are Commonwealth bureaucrats - they know what there're doing - they run the whole country.

When I joined they gave me a large, leather-bound book called, "Rules for Bureaucrats".

And the very first rule under, "Making Decisions", was, "First find someone to blame".

I don't think this would be right at the very beginning if it wasn't important.