User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I tend not to read 90% of Victor's posts simply because it's too notstraightforward. Many statements are made, which can only be interpreted as poetry, and I'm not a fan of that in general. When he goes on a metaphorical tangent I begin to lose my mind and patience. But perhaps this a fault of my own. I find his style quite poetic, but as I said, I am not a fan of reading poetry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I have a totally opposite interpretation of Victor's posts. I do not see any "metaphor", or any "tangent", I find him refreshingly more straightforward and meaningfull than most shallow posters.
    I can't stand poetry either.

However, I agree with Blackmail. Victor is incredibly straightforward. I believe Placebo lacks the attention span to appreciate Victor's posts.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I can't stand poetry either.

However, I agree with Blackmail. Victor is incredibly straightforward. I believe Placebo lacks the attention span to appreciate Victor's posts.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure, there is the entertainment trance, such as we enter when we watch TV.

And there is the ecstatic trance, which we enter when we leave ourselves.

But when we leave ourselves, we are leaving our quotidian self - we are leaving our everyday self.

And the self we find in the ecstatic trance might be called, (dare I say), the Sunday self.

Ecstasy is reserved for Sunday.

Once we sought ecstasy in Church on Sunday but now we are homeless and must take ecstasy onto the streets.

And what a surprise it is to open the tabernacle in the Mall on a quotidian Tuesday.

What can they do but stand and stare?
    You are right. It's an interesting idea. It reminds me of the effect some hobos have on people in public, like when they talk to themselves.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post

Default the ecstatic now

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    You are right. It's an interesting idea. It reminds me of the effect some hobos have on people in public, like when they talk to themselves.
    In the Middle Ages hobos were called holy fools.

It was believed they were touched - touched by God.

But today hobos are usually given a double diagnosis - a mental illness and an addiction.

And just as we have dismissed Church on Sunday, we have dismissed holy fools in the streets.

Today we have banished the ecstatic from the external world, and relegated it to a small pill we call, "Extasy".

But the inner world preserves ecstasy, just as the monasteries preserved learning during the Dark Ages.

So the new Renaissance will come as a surprise when ecstasy dances very slowly in the streets.

In the ecstatic now.

MBTI
    infp

I love how all of Victor's threads at one point become a discussion of his posting style. I dare someone to find an exception to this. It's fun because I used to hate Victor and his style. I even called him out a few times, I think, although I now regard that kind of thing as class-less and I regret it. I love Victor's posts now. It's not like I always agree with them, and sometimes I even find them difficult to take seriously, but he has real personality. His posts are poetic, and they often contain similar themes (i.e. global village, noosphere, Scots/English enlightenment, trance, duality, some kind of childhood memory, ending on an ambiguous question, ect... we even made a thread where we tried our hands at immitating this).

As for the original topic/post, I have nothing to say... it's one of those stories where when the person tells it you are just like "wow."

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I do freak people out by dancing very slowly in public.

And I mean really slowly - so slowly I barely seem to be moving.

First people walking past seem to see nothing. Then they do a double take. Then they look away in embarrassment. Then they can't help glancing back until they are out of sight.

Of course when I am slow dancing, as I slow my movements my thoughts slow right along with them. Until my thoughts are barely moving - and I am in a middle to deep trance.

And the best way to put someone in a trance is to go into a trance yourself.

So those walking past are entranced by my trance.

They are freaked out.
    Victor, I read this a few days ago and thought about it alot, as it reminded me of a dream I had a few months ago. In the dream a dance craze had swept the country, called "the do". (- Weirdly, the music of Sinn Sisamouth featured heavily.) This was paradoxical, as "the do" was more a "don't", involving nothing more than standing still. As was pointed out during the dream, "even if you don't do the do you can do the do". Time would become non-linear; and as no fancy moves were required, it was highly inclusive! All you had to do was stop "doing". Central to this was the fact it was epidemic and the slowing to a stop universal.

But I rather like your idea.

Cheers!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I love how all of Victor's threads at one point become a discussion of his posting style. I dare someone to find an exception to this. It's fun because I used to hate Victor and his style. I even called him out a few times, I think, although I now regard that kind of thing as class-less and I regret it. I love Victor's posts now. It's not like I always agree with them, and sometimes I even find them difficult to take seriously, but he has real personality. His posts are poetic, and they often contain similar themes (i.e. global village, noosphere, Scots/English enlightenment, trance, duality, some kind of childhood memory, ending on an ambiguous question, ect... we even made a thread where we tried our hands at immitating this).
    :
    You are right. They are all variations on a theme. The theme is why this forum / MBTI in general sucks and why Victor, Master of esoterica, rocks.
    He does grow on you though.... Like a slime mould.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP

Perhaps I am not trained enough, but I find it unfortune that people must be trained to read a specific poster's posts.
    I do not agree with this opinion. Learning to fully understand the meaning in Victor's body of posts is no different and no easier than learning to see the meaning in another poster's consistently fluffy posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.