User Tag List

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Low- Self Esteem and Spirituality

I came in a phase in life, where I ask myself fundamental questions about it.
    After thinking long about my problems etc. i have reached the conclusion that for many "problems" in my life is the very low self esteem... trying to find innere peace a passion in life is inpossible if you do not life you life and feel comfortable with self, if you have negative thoughts... what do you think?

Creating values and helping others did not helped me vey much from that because being ncie but not assertive is quiet bad for a men
    Values are relative. Being good to people is relative. If you do good to people, if you threat them nice, but there is still hate how to act??
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't think a sense of spirtuality is necessarily a cure for a low-esteem but it is certainly a source of peace and maybe even of place where your ego is dissolved and so low-esteem is less troublesome.
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

my self esteem is average, but can be low at some times..and I think that too much of the here and now influences our self esteem, and spirituality is based on the here and now, and I'm not referring to any Buddist ways, that's diferent..all I'm saying is that spirituality is something that we always have, and it may not mean that we find inner peace, because spirituality is learning to live in harmony with the bad things, the yin and the yang for example..it's not all bright, spirituality..but it can lead you to points in your life where you've never been..some of the happiest places, some of the saddest places..it's just meant to help you cope with things and learn from them..feel from them, and is definitely not a matter of self esteem..that's secondary.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    I came in a phase in life, where I ask myself fundamental questions about it.
    After thinking long about my problems etc. i have reached the conclusion that for many "problems" in my life is the very low self esteem... trying to find innere peace a passion in life is inpossible if you do not life you life and feel comfortable with self, if you have negative thoughts... what do you think?

Creating values and helping others did not helped me vey much from that because being ncie but not assertive is quiet bad for a men
    Values are relative. Being good to people is relative. If you do good to people, if you threat them nice, but there is still hate how to act??
    I had low self esteem during the time I was athiest or agnostic, and I have comparatively high self esteem now that I am Christian. My self esteem did not change because of my change in behavior. My self esteem changed, because I started believing that I am valuable to God.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I had low self esteem during the time I was athiest or agnostic, and I have comparatively high self esteem now that I am Christian. My self esteem did not change because of my change in behavior. My self esteem changed, because I started believing that I am valuable to God.
    For me it was the other way around, I had zero self esteem as a muslim, but as an atheist my self esteem has improved. Instead of always feeling like I was worthless in the eyes of god, I am learning to see worth in my own eyes.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    If you do good to people, if you threat them nice, but there is still hate how to act??
    Try to understand them. When you understand their motives well enough it becomes increasingly hard to hate them. And when you understand your own motives, it becomes hard not to like yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ

Ups and downs are not important in things like that. I'm no F type but I think our state of emotions should not affect what we believe to be the truth in the universe. But then again you have people who's beliefs change with the wind.
    What a waste of life..

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    For me it was the other way around, I had zero self esteem as a muslim, but as an atheist my self esteem has improved. Instead of always feeling like I was worthless in the eyes of god, I am learning to see worth in my own eyes.
    I suppose it depends on what your concept of God is.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com