User Tag List

123 Last

Default Could you survive without spirituality?

There is alot of talk about religious and spiritual topics here.
    So I am asking could you manage to live your life without having to use spirituality and/or religion to help yourself in this life?

Also do you think that attacking other peoples convictions is rude and dangerous since you are destroying their platform.
    This is only for spiritual people I already know what other side thinks about this.

If you could not survive without spirituality I would really be like that
    someone elaborates this.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I would like to know why realizing that there is no purpose might destroy feeling? Elaborate.
    Well if there is no purpose in a way that humans see it then rules of the game are changing.
    To put it in short purpose is main engine for emotions and judge everything by your sense of purpose. But if there is no that expresed sense of purpose emotion starts to lose itself since strees is out of the game and all those depressive and suicidal thoughts as well. Since if there is not purpose there is no reason to kill your self and if you start to lose negative part the positive part will also take much damadge. In the end entire thing shifts more thowards T aproach to life.
    Also if there is not someone who will always protect you, there is no way that this can go forever. There will be some drastic changes with time.
    What means that we will have to change face of civilization complety if we want to survive in on a scale of forever. (if that is even possible)
    By this I mean that machines take over the show in this case.
    This is my reply in short.

MBTI
    ENFP

I get this alot... people who almost view my spirituality and religion as a crutch however, I can honestly say that many times I have felt that if I didn't believe in the things I do my life would indeed be easier
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

some of the closet people in my life are atheists and it doesn't bother me a bit as long as they don't try to debate me on my beliefs...that i can't stand and i will get super hostile...it's just uncalled for shittiness imo.

i've been asked this question before though...and it's just really hard to put myself in that situation because it is who i am...my beliefs and life philosophy are who i am...so without it...i'm not sure who i would be...and my initial reaction would to be to say...a life without meaning and purpose is pointless so no thanks...but i suppose i would just find a new meaning...a different meaning and be fulfilled in a different way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I get this alot... people who almost view my spirituality and religion as a crutch however, I can honestly say that many times I have felt that if I didn't believe in the things I do my life would indeed be easier
    Then why do you try maybe you will like it?

I am just curious about why people put so much value in this.
    What means that in the end they need a lot of energy to recover when someone attacks them successfully in this area.

MBTI
    INFP

I can live without religion, but I can't live without "spirituality"... or rather that certain religious feeling that one gets--a sense of the beauty and mystery of all that is. That's something that exists in me innately. To live without it, would mean extinguishing who I am.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ yeah...me too. i'm not religious at all actually...but very spiritual...and it's as much me as anything else is...to take it away would be for me to be someone else.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

You can't simply try not to believe something Antisocial... if it worked that way then you never really believed it in the first place... My spirit knows the truth yes I have tried to run away from my spiritual beliefs in the past but problem is they run with u...

MBTI
    INFP

I'll also add that it can be rude and dangerous to attack other people's convictions, but it is true that not everyone's convictions are right. However I would only do it if they are attacking other people based on their convictions [e.g. in the case of people who hate on homosexuals because of what it says in the Bible]. I will also point out contradictions in other people's convictions if I find it necessary. But I am for the most part, not bothered to try to change someone else's beliefs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...i have never attempted to try and change someones views either. completely tasteless imo...it's an entirely different situation if someone asks because they are interested but...i cannot stand it when people try to act like their beliefs are superior.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Absolutely agree... I would never try to change people's ideas or disrespect their beliefs that would be very disrespectful of someon'e free will ... Of course I believe the things that I believe in and I don't believe some of the things that others do (Otherwise I would bleive them and not mine... if you get my meaning LOL) but I certainly don't see my beliefs as being superior that doesn't even come into it in my opinion...