User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 84

  1. #51
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Yea maybe my dislike of wars and conflict is linked into my spirituality however, this is not necessarily a conscious connection that I make; I was saying that before as kind of a joke.. I don't mean to be difficult with you but I'm just not sure what assumptions you are projecting onto those with a spiritual life.. I mean satanists believe in the spiritual don't they
    That is way I have asked the question few post back that asks in what spiritual people believe.

    To me it looks that most of them place themselfs in do-good group or they are imaginative and play more on alternative ways. (or both)

  2. #52
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know, it is just that I wanted to say that I would not mind having a war and this seemed as good opportunity to say it.


    The reason why I haven't replyed to plecebo is because that would start a war you speak of.
    I don't know why you have to think of it as a war. If you have a disagreement or something you want to say, I don't see why you can't just point it out and have a normal discussion about it. I'm open to discussing ideas and points because it clarifies things and can potentially change my own views because I learn from it.

  3. #53
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I don't know why you have to think of it as a war. If you have a disagreement or something you want to say, I don't see why you can't just point it out and have a normal discussion about it. I'm open to discussing ideas and points because it clarifies things and can potentially change my own views because I learn from it.
    Are you sure that that I am the first that used the word war here?

    The thing is I didn't open this thread becasue I want confiict but because i am tring to understand other side and why they behave as they behave.

    The reason why I am holding back is because I can debate this in a really harsh way.

    My positions are that afterlife even if it exists is pointless for sure , I can make god appear as something highy unlikey and even if you say that there is a chance no matter what I will in that case start to use your argument against you to.
    If god as religion shows him does not exist that opens entire new chapter of logic. I think that I can argument well that some key parts of ethics are dangerous.

    Maybe I am arrogant but I think that I can suck alot of joy out of you.
    But my task is not to make you depressed what is likely outcome in the case that you start to take my arguments seriously.



    I hope that this makes some sense.

  4. #54
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Are you sure that that I am the first that used the word war here?

    The thing is I didn't open this thread becasue I want confiict but because i am tring to understand other side and why they behave as they behave.

    The reason why I am holding back is because I can debate this in a really harsh way.

    My positions are that afterlife even if it exists is pointless for sure , I can make god appear as something highy unlikey and even if you say that there is a chance no matter what I will in that case start to use your argument against you to.
    If god as religion shows him does not exist that opens entire new chapter of logic. I think that I can argument well that some key parts of ethics are dangerous.

    Maybe I am arrogant but I think that I can suck alot of joy out of you.
    But my task is not to make you depressed what is likely outcome in the case that you start to take my arguments seriously.



    I hope that this makes some sense.
    Well I absolutely never started with the word 'war'. You continued to use it in the same context as the others, so I assumed you agreed with it.

    I feel that you need to define what you mean by God. I feel like you have not understood my opinion. I do not believe in God as in the Judeo-Christian sense of an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent being. If I believe in any notion of God whatsoever, the concept of God is synonymous with the Universe, which includes by all means the physical laws of nature. I also don't remember expressing any belief in an afterlife.

    I am not bothered by arrogance, and there is not much joy in me to suck out, so you do not have to be worried about making me 'depressed' by somehow bursting my bubble of false beliefs you think I hold. I will take all arguments seriously if I think the arguer is serious.

  5. #55
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,673

    Default

    If you want one argument there is no problem.
    Here is one of my older posts.

    This works for any God not just Christian one.
    If there is no afterlife there can be no meaning in this life, We can live it and like it but there is not real point.

    But if there is an afterlife then you get in this kinds of problems. Which lead into meaningless existance.




    Why?


    For example, you like writting books but about what you will write in afterlife?

    If you start to write novels you will have a problem becuse there is no infinite number of novels you can write without staring to repeat with time.
    Your mind has boundarys and its operates inside of them.

    But there is so big number of novels that can be written that it is fun to do it once again. but with time it is unavoidable that you start to repeat yourself once again. What will you do then? Start another cycle?

    What will you do after 10 cycles ? 100? 10000? 1000000?
    Will you still write novels?

    What after 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 cycles ?

    I mean you can mix writting with other activity but problem is still out there.

    What will you do when that huge number that is writting up there will be number of zeros after number 1 .


    There is a fact that you forget things with time but you always will be conscious of the fact that you have done this so many times that you will even need thousands of years to even say the number how many times did you do something.
    (becuse it is that Big)

    All people that go in to an afterlife could ask God to delete their memory.
    (if he/she/it is there)
    But in that case people will figure out what happened quite fast and once again you have same problem.

    Since you can't die, the problem will be there forever always behind you and ready to destroy any fun that comes your way.
    Since you can't die you really can't experiance any real adventure becuse chance of survival is 100%.


    What will you do? Ask God to destroy you somehow?

    The only way to avoid this problem is that after death god turns you into something else. The point is that your human consciousness is no more so that you can grow and expand further.


    But in that case you have another problem. If God can turn good person into something else why can't he do the same with the bad person.
    If he can change entire mental concept I don't see why he/she/it can't destroy tiny part that makes someone good or evil?

    So all logical conclusions lead to sitation that there is no good and evil or right and wrong in reality we live in. (Afterlife included)
    I say this becuse all of us will get the benefits or no one will on the long run. If all of us don't get the same path that is not fair at all. Becuse you are not guilty for the fact that you have personality disorder or that your parents did not love you when you were a baby.

    If right and wrong do exist, all of us are predetermined to eternity we will not like. But if all of us will be turned to nonhumans, something might just come out right.



    Or the truth is something so abstract that human brain can't do anything about the problem. Why so may people think that there will be the end of the world soon. It is because world without the end is hard to understand and/or accept. Same works for reality without spiritual meaning.
    This is the one of the resons why humanity (as value) does not worth much and you will have to give it away to solve the problem.
    But if you need to give up on your humanity then this life is pointless.

  6. #56
    Senior Member Samurai Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Yeah, I'm not spiritual or religious at all, though I do occasionally understand what Einstein was referring to whenever he mentioned God- that sense of amazement at the mysteries of the Universe.
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I can live without religion, but I can't live without "spirituality"... or rather that certain religious feeling that one gets--a sense of the beauty and mystery of all that is. That's something that exists in me innately. To live without it, would mean extinguishing who I am.

    I am not religious at all, but I am very spiritual. It is who I am to feel one with everything. I would feel dead otherwise.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

  8. #58
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    ^^ so basically enfp's are prone to be pretty spiritual huh...that's interesting...i know not all...but looks like a lot.

    i think the idea that we are all very important pieces to some amazing incomprehensible puzzle is very important to the way we work...very important to be open and engaging with everyone because you never know what impact they are meant to have and everyone you meet has the potential to be someone you are meant to know...you know...that's how i see it anyway.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  9. #59
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If you want one argument there is no problem.
    Here is one of my older posts.

    This works for any God not just Christian one.
    If there is no afterlife there can be no meaning in this life, We can live it and like it but there is not real point.

    But if there is an afterlife then you get in this kinds of problems. Which lead into meaningless existance.




    This is the one of the resons why humanity (as value) does not worth much and you will have to give it away to solve the problem.
    But if you need to give up on your humanity then this life is pointless.
    To be honest I don't understand what you're argument is.
    Are you first saying that, whether or not there is an afterlife, life is meaningless?

    In which case, if you believe that, what point is there to this argument? Why don't we both just kill ourselves? It is strange that you first argue that if there is no afterlife there is thus no meaning in life. This seems to me your own subjective belief. I want you to prove this statement as true.

  10. #60
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Wow! Albert said THAT?

    He was smarter than I thought he was. An integrated human.

    I think I'm in love. Maybe we'll meet in the Beyond.

    (Which, of course, really isn't the beyond at all. )
    He did say that I admire so much of what he said, especially on the topic of religious feeling.

Similar Threads

  1. How long could you go without the internet?
    By Octarine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 09:18 AM
  2. How many 5 year old could you take in a fight?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 09:43 AM
  3. Could you kill a person?
    By Tigerlily in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO