User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I was going to answer, "Yes I could survive without spirituality. That would be at the level of animals. Existing with no meaning and getting my basic needs for survival met." A hollow shell just feeding myself to continue with I know not what, but compelled to keep my physical self alive.

But then I remembered the burial rituals of elephants and realized that there is something deeply spiritual in that. I'm going to be thinking more about what evidences I see in the habits of the creatures.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think I could survive without any kind of spirituality (it seems I've managed so far ), but hey, I'm a T, so I guess that doesn't count!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I was going to answer, "Yes I could survive without spirituality. That would be at the level of animals. Existing with no meaning and getting my basic needs for survival met." A hollow shell just feeding myself to continue with I know not what, but compelled to keep my physical self alive.

But then I remembered the burial rituals of elephants and realized that there is something deeply spiritual in that. I'm going to be thinking more about what evidences I see in the habits of the creatures.
    But if someone turns this against you and says

That in certain way all the time you are just satisfing you animal needs by being spiritual and that by rejecting spirituality you are actually moving away form acting like an animal.

1. You are actually avoiding the question of mortality since you have survival instinct as every other animal on the planet but you are smart enough to see where everything is going.

2. You need to believe in good outcome since you can't stand that something could happen to you children (even natural death)

3. Actually what really make you different for other life forms is ability to be logical why not using this skill in its full strenght?

Would you be annoyed by that person?

In what I am interested in is how much pain you can cause in other person with acting like this. Even if this post looks like I am trying to do exactly that.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    So I am asking could you manage to live your life without having to use spirituality and/or religion to help yourself in this life?
    Well, sure why not. I am not too much of a "spiritual freak", but neither am I "faithless". I mean I pretty much lived my life "without belief" the past weeks and months and it works. Tho, it is not as interesting as when you live with.

Also do you think that attacking other peoples convictions is rude and dangerous since you are destroying their platform.
    Well, I guess it CAN be dangerous to destroy peoples believes. Especially for the ones that have "nothing else" than their faith. So I wouldn't do it. Unless you want someone to go suicidal on you maybe. But I rather not.

Personally I must say tho, that I don't like those "overspiritual people". But neither do I like the persons who go all berserk on you and would say "this is complete crap". I think people should let each other believe as long as no one gets hurt. *shrug*
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

But if someone turns this against you and says

That in certain way all the time you are just satisfing you animal needs by being spiritual and that by rejecting spirituality you are actually moving away form acting like an animal.

1. You are actually avoiding the question of mortality since you have survival instinct as every other animal on the planet but you are smart enough to see where everything is going.

2. You need to believe in good outcome since you can't stand that something could happen to you children (even natural death)

3. Actually what really make you different for other life forms is ability to be logical why not using this skill in its full strenght?

Would you be annoyed by that person?

In what I am interested in is how much pain you can cause in other person with acting like this. Even if this post looks like I am trying to do exactly that.

yeah...i am actually curious about your motivation.
    and...yes i would be annoyed and no you shouldn't do it.

what you may not realize is...the belief that there is meaning and purpose to life... is actually the most logical explanation to us/me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post

Don't confuse ritual with spirituality. They're not the same. Even atheists bury their dead.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTj

I would like to believe that we're more than just chemical reactions, but there's really no way to know.

When it comes down to it, isn't it all about maximizing pleasure anyways? The ultra religious are simply sacrificing this existence to earn brownie points for the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...i am actually curious about your motivation.
    and...yes i would be annoyed and no you shouldn't do it.

what you may not realize is...the belief that there is meaning and purpose to life... is actually the most logical explanation to us/me.
    What are my motves?

Is not logical.
    It can look logical but actually it is not so much when you get deeper in to things. But to get more deeper you need knowledge that is not exactly a mainstream information.

The thing is that NFs in this thread can't fully understand how it is like to be extreme T.
    (and the other way around)
    What actually changes the entire way how you see things.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I do live without spirituality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

the thing is...is that's it's not merely a part of my personality it is what influences my every thought...every action.

so...for you to understand...is to ask yourself what would be the same for you...and then inverse it...that's how empathy works.

so...to me it's the same...you have every right to feel the way you do..as do i...our views are equal and no one should challenge them.

you are essentially asking how we would feel without the thing that defines us...and that you can answer yourself.

you know what i mean? not bein snarky...just so you're clear.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison