User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

On one hand, it'd be cool to see how other people live. Really really cool.

On the other hand, being helpless is supposedly the worst thing in the world. And seeing without interfering sounds pretty helpless to me. The other option, of exerting control would feel pretty unethical. I've already lived my life- what right do I have to start controlling another person's?

So I have no idea. Is there a 30-day trial period option?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Or perhaps, you are granted the ability to move from person to person, taking up residence for as long as you choose, exerting as much control as you may, and while present in that person, you will be able to experience every sensation, thought and feeling that person has and--assuming such is possible--you will be able to maintain your own identity.

What would you like to do?
    I've wanted to try that, ever since I read David Mitchell's Ghostwritten.

I'd enjoy an afterlife like that if I were also able to communicate, should I wish to do so.
    Something about the curiousity of seeing where things lead to etc.
    Last edited by sade; 12-10-2008 at 09:45 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ

I figure it'd be lonely as all hell.

You'd want to start interacting. I'd want to start experimenting.

Really faced with the situation I don't know if I could go through with it, but I think the best choice'd be kill off the person currently officially and rightly tenanting the body and take over.

Or torture them a bit. Push them around. Lead them into things they wouldn't do for themselves.

It really is a bit more like dating than I thought.

MBTI
    INFP

I've had enough of life, just let me die. Very uninterested in occupying others's bodies.

Although it would be interesting, I wouldn't take the opportunity because:

It would grow tiresome over time.
    It would reduce the meaning of my own life experiences.

MBTI
    ENTP

hhmmm, agreed. I like the notion of this life sort of being it, it makes what I do now important within my own greater context. While being within someone else's mind would kind of be cool from my inquisitive perspective, the notion of not being me would be too overwhelming, how would I value success or failure?
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I figure it'd be lonely as all hell.

You'd want to start interacting. I'd want to start experimenting.

Really faced with the situation I don't know if I could go through with it, but I think the best choice'd be kill off the person currently officially and rightly tenanting the body and take over.

Or torture them a bit. Push them around. Lead them into things they wouldn't do for themselves.

It really is a bit more like dating than I thought.
    okay...did i misunderstand the question? you go into someone's body and they continue to live as them and you can observe but you're basically trapped?? totally misunderstood!! no...i wouldn't want that!! wth!! why would anyone want that!! no...i'll just die thanks.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INxJ

I'd do it.

Window shopping first. Basically visiting people for awhile, before choosing a permanent body to take over.

MBTI
    INTJ

How come it's only the INTJs noticed that you can take over? Everyone else is worrying about death of self? Pah!

The first issue is, do you kill off the original tenant? According to the set up, you can if you want. Or do you just boss them around--because you have the option of being an unconscious guide, see? You can override their will.

Second issue is, if you don't kill them off and start a new life for yourself, what'll you see, being able so intimately to watch what they do? And what'll it do to you?

All you busy extroverts are worrying about finding yourself so trapped?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...i mean if i'm just to be a witness to their life and i can't have one as myself anymore then screw it...no thanks...that's almost like saying if you could do nothing but watch tv for the rest of your life would you want to live...and my answer to that would also be no...if i had to be stuck somewhere w/o any interaction then i don't want it...and if i can take over their body...my mind not theirs then yeah i'd do it...i'm not that attached to my body but i don't want to live entirely in my head...i'd rather die because i believe in life after death so that alternative sounds better.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison