• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Structure of a Metaphor

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
As you say, you are not trying to bowl me out. Nevertheless you are boxing me in.
hehe. I try not to corner feral animals. They tend to pounce. I was trying to get a closer look at your fur.

Imagine you are successful and you get me in a box. What would you then do with me?

They would ask, what is in the box?

And you would answer, it's Victor, it's a boxed Victor. I don't know what to do with him. With Christmas coming up, I might give him, boxed, as a present. Or I might take him up into my treehouse to keep me company when I'm feeling low. Or I might put him in the basket in front of my bike and take him on a ride through the countryside. But I am starting to get used to him. And people are asking why I am always carrying a box around with me. So perhaps I will give him away as a Christmas present. I think he would make a wonderful Christmas present.
*giggle*
I imagine I might take out my boxed friend to pet it from time to time.
I once had a tiny stray kitteh follow me home from school. Silly me, I fed it milk and tried to put it in a nice, padded box, but it wouldn't stay in. It got out and the next day I found it run over in the street.

Mole

Permabanned
hehe. I try not to corner feral animals. They tend to pounce. I was trying to get a closer look at your fur.
*giggle*
I imagine I might take out my boxed friend to pet it from time to time.
I once had a tiny stray kitteh follow me home from school. Silly me, I fed it milk and tried to put it in a nice, padded box, but it wouldn't stay in. It got out and the next day I found it run over in the street.

Look, you're not gunna bowl me out; you're not gunna box me in; you're gunna run me over in the street.

I'm finding it a little hard to breathe. I look at you with furtive eyes under my helmet at the crease, through a slit at the top of the box, and finally under the wheels of a car.

What extravagant mad dance is this?

What are you not telling me? What secrets are you keeping?

You toy with me and never reveal yourself.

You are not a bowler, you are not a boxer, you are not even a driver.

What are you good for? No, who are you good for?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Look, you're not gunna bowl me out; you're not gunna box me in; you're gunna run me over in the street.

I'm finding it a little hard to breathe. I look at you with furtive eyes under my helmet at the crease, through a slit at the top of the box, and finally under the wheels of a car.
:rofl1: There there kitteh. I mean no harm.

What extravagant mad dance is this?

What are you not telling me? What secrets are you keeping?

It's a masquerade ball! I thought you liked dancing. :sadbanana:

You are not a bowler, you are not a boxer, you are not even a driver.

What are you good for? No, who are you good for?
I dunno. Toying with beasts? :cheese:

What? Unfair, I say. I just shared my traumatic kitten-death story.