User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Creativity cannot be found by looking. Iron Sulfide.

What we broadly term inspiration is merely a faculty of the subconscious.

Listen hard to what only you can hear...
    Precisely.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post

I'm guessing he prefers the freshly minted.
    I do like promiscuous girls because I am shy fellow myself. And I can see below all the promiscuity to the shy girl underneath.

This comes as a surprise to them and a surprise to me. As I would expect to be terrified of promiscuous girls and they are only used to hard men.

And so we look at each other shyly, not quite believing what is in front of us. We of course instinctively withdraw, but then shyly and slyly look back at exactly the same moment. And so we see each other looking.

And only after a very long time do we actually hold hands, but it is wonderful and we never want to let go.

And what is old is new again.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I do like promiscuous girls because I am shy fellow myself. And I can see below all the promiscuity to the shy girl underneath.
    Nice. And a welcome change to the common interplay of the faux-fresh girls with fellows who eat up the half-baked, stale stuff.

This comes as a surprise to them and a surprise to me. As I would expect to be terrified of promiscuous girls and they are only used to hard men.
    But I thought you were a fascist. Are these also gentle sorts?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Creativity cannot be found by looking. Iron Sulfide.

What we broadly term inspiration is merely a faculty of the subconscious.
    Creativity is not found by "not looking" either. Imagine one content in the repetition of a daily schedule. Creativity smiles upon the observant? The subconscious can be directed.

And so we look at each other shyly, not quite believing what is in front of us. We of course instinctively withdraw, but then shyly and slyly look back at exactly the same moment. And so we see each other looking.

And only after a very long time do we actually hold hands, but it is wonderful and we never want to let go.

And what is old is new again.
    That would be an extended metaphor... poetic imagery not cliche. *nods*

Nice. And a welcome change to the common interplay of the faux-fresh girls with fellows who eat up the half-baked, stale stuff.

But I thought you were a fascist. Are these also gentle sorts?
    You've caught me out. How can I be a fascist and a shy fellow as well?

You are a good spin bowler, and it's true, I have been caught out.

And as I tuck the bat under my arm and walk back towards the pavilion, I glance back and see you tossing the ball in air with a smile on your face.

MBTI
    intp

You've caught me out. How can I be a fascist and a shy fellow as well?

You are a good spin bowler, and it's true, I have been caught out.

And as I tuck the bat under my arm and walk back towards the pavilion, I glance back and see you tossing the ball in air with a smile on your face.
    I wasn't trying to bowl you out, for what it's worth. Shane Warne I am not

I thought you might have some views on the special sensitivity of fascist fellows.
    hoarding time and space

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Creativity is not found by "not looking" either. Imagine one content in the repetition of a daily schedule. Creativity smiles upon the observant? The subconscious can be directed.
    Yes.

This is why I recommended good listening skills.

I wasn't trying to bowl you out, for what it's worth. Shane Warne I am not

I thought you might have some views on the special sensitivity of fascist fellows.
    I started off by saying, "Every nice girl loves a fascist".

And it was the contrast I was after.

Or you might say, I was creating a distinction. And as each distinction must have two sides, 'fascist' and 'nice girl' do seem to be two sides to the same distinction.

In fact all of mathematics is based on the injunction, "Make a distinction".

And all of mathematics is about the relationship between one side of a distinction and the other side.

So there seems to be no reason not to make a calculus of the fascist and the nice girl.

Of course it's fanciful - as I follow my fancy.

MBTI
    intp

Or you might say, I was creating a distinction. And as each distinction must have two sides, 'fascist' and 'nice girl' do seem to be two sides to the same distinction.

In fact all of mathematics is based on the injunction, "Make a distinction".
    It seems a dying art, unfortunately. But maybe I am pessimistic in this observation.

And all of mathematics is about the relationship between one side of a distinction and the other side.

So there seems to be no reason not to make a calculus of the fascist and the nice girl.
    Yes, I love a good calculus. Do you like promiscuous girls because they don't fancy themselves nice, have given up on being made "nice" via distinction, and so do not demand that you play the countervailing fascist?

Of course it's fanciful - as I follow my fancy.
    And whose else should you follow?
    hoarding time and space

Do you like promiscuous girls because they don't fancy themselves nice, have given up on being made "nice" via distinction, and so do not demand that you play the countervailing fascist?
    As you say, you are not trying to bowl me out. Nevertheless you are boxing me in.

Imagine you are successful and you get me in a box. What would you then do with me?

They would ask, what is in the box?

And you would answer, it's Victor, it's a boxed Victor. I don't know what to do with him. With Christmas coming up, I might give him, boxed, as a present. Or I might take him up into my treehouse to keep me company when I'm feeling low. Or I might put him in the basket on the front of my bike and take him on a ride through the countryside. But I am starting to get used to him. And people are asking why I am always carrying a box around with me. So perhaps I will give him away as a Christmas present. I think he would make a wonderful Christmas present.