User Tag List

First 123 Last

Sahara, have you ever visited Internet Infidels? They have a sub-forum on secular lifestyle which also contains a lot of helpful information and stories about deconversion.

Might help - you're at a point in your life that's beyond the scope of any type theory out there.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Sahara, have you ever visited Internet Infidels? They have a sub-forum on secular lifestyle which also contains a lot of helpful information and stories about deconversion.

Might help - you're at a point in your life that's beyond the scope of any type theory out there.
    Oh hey, I didn't know that, I will check it out, thanks for that.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Maybe it's semantics, but I don't think "spiritual" and "atheist" are mutually exclusive. Spiritual doesn't necessarily imply belief in a higher power or an afterlife-- merely a resonance with the deeper human experience, or something.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Maybe it's semantics, but I don't think "spiritual" and "atheist" are mutually exclusive. Spiritual doesn't necessarily imply belief in a higher power or an afterlife-- merely a resonance with the deeper human experience, or something.

I think I am just beginning to adjust to that line of thinking too. I was stuck viewing spirituality as a purely religious, or some kind of otherwordly view point, but I see now that it can be applied differently.

MBTI
    INFP

as you know sahara i am an atheist INFP, i never grew up wiht religion, although my parents tried sunday school bu teven at an early age i just felt it was a story, more so a fable along the lines of the minetor (dont grill me on spelling cant be botherd to check!) it just didnt add up, th efeeding of the 5 thousand water to wine and walking on water. the only thing that i was in awe of religion was the churches and cathedrals, not the mighty bible which i still refer to as a fable that got way out of hand. if you look at islam, judaism and christianity i dont see sprituality, when it says spirituality and INFPs i think it comes down to your indviduality, just because i wear a size 9 shoe doesnt mean if i borrow my friends size 9 mean it will be a comfortable fit! for me personaly i think i search spirituality within you as an individual as a collective, it comes from within not from a fictional character. its showing you care for your fellow being, to show compassion where you can show anger.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom76 View Post
    as you know sahara i am an atheist INFP, i never grew up wiht religion, although my parents tried sunday school bu teven at an early age i just felt it was a story, more so a fable along the lines of the minetor (dont grill me on spelling cant be botherd to check!) it just didnt add up, th efeeding of the 5 thousand water to wine and walking on water. the only thing that i was in awe of religion was the churches and cathedrals, not the mighty bible which i still refer to as a fable that got way out of hand. if you look at islam, judaism and christianity i dont see sprituality, when it says spirituality and INFPs i think it comes down to your indviduality, just because i wear a size 9 shoe doesnt mean if i borrow my friends size 9 mean it will be a comfortable fit! for me personaly i think i search spirituality within you as an individual as a collective, it comes from within not from a fictional character. its showing you care for your fellow being, to show compassion where you can show anger.
    Shame on you, traitor to the English language.

It was the association of the word spirituality with religion that was the issue I think, however I was just reading this:

Web definitions of Spirituality

and I see how differently it is actually applied.

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post

That site is very good and active to the point of being overwhelming at times. If you log on once a day you'll normally find 200-300 new posts.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Shame on you, traitor to the English language.

It was the association of the word spirituality with religion that was the issue I think, however I was just reading this:

Web definitions of Spirituality

and I see how differently it is actually applied.

hey am tied and should be in bed i got to get up at 5am, but no i thought id spend a little of my oh so precious time, yes i need my beauty sleep!, and i get berated for not bothering to check spellings! :steam:

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by darlets View Post
    That site is very good and active to the point of being overwhelming at times. If you log on once a day you'll normally find 200-300 new posts.

Yes, I have joined and bookmarked it, I will try it out tomorrow. I saw how many people were online and was highly impressed.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Blossom76 View Post
    hey am tied and should be in bed i got to get up at 5am, but no i thought id spend a little of my oh so precious time, yes i need my beauty sleep!, and i get berated for not bothering to check spellings! :steam:
    Yes, well most people are tied up in bed, not before they get in the bed.

Sorry, I shan't berate you again tonight, as I am tired too. Night bloss.