User Tag List

123 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default So, someone you despise saves your life...

at the last moment, as your life flashes before your eyes, they snatch you from in front of a speeding bus, or you're choking to the point that you know you're dying, and they're the only one to step up to the plate and heimlich you just in time, or they save you from a certain watery death while you gasp, what would otherwise be, your last time.

but... up to that moment, you absolutely despised them. couldn't stand to look at them, hear their voice, read their posts, etc.

how, if at all, do you see them differently? how obligated do you feel to thank them? how would you? and, for how long would you do so?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP

I can't think of anyone that I actively despise, but hypothetically.. I couldn't despise them after that. The most interesting friends are often people you weren't too fond of at the beginning.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, of course I would thank them. I would put aside whatever differences I hug them and do my best to get to know them, or at least appreciate their good qualities. Even if I can't be close to them because there are things I hate, I could relate to them from a distance. For how long? I would probably relate as close as I could and then move back as I saw the things I hated; I'd maintain email contact for at least a few months.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I can't think of anyone that I actively despise, but hypothetically.. I couldn't despise them after that. The most interesting friends are often people you weren't too fond of at the beginning.
    well, 'despise' is just an overall term i used to convey a serious personality clash that's so entrenched that before this, one would know, in no uncertain terms, that it would never work out as even an acquaintance.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh great -- so what did "you know who" do THIS time?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ

I miss everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See you soon! Have to return to internetless universe.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INTj

1) Thank him/her afterwards

2) Send card with leftover Bath and Body Works gift card (Value: $12)

3) Try to avoid him/her for the rest of my life.
    Note: If not possible, pretend to have suffered amnesia.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    well, 'despise' is just an overall term i used to convey a serious personality clash that's so entrenched that before this, one would know, in no uncertain terms, that it would never work out as even an acquaintance.
    Ah. I can experience appreciation and not desiring friendship simultaneously, so yeh, it would be rather easy for me to be like "Goddamn. You just saved my life. That's awesome, thanks." and not feel obligated to fake some relationship.

But

I think their saving your life might be instant chemistry. You just never know.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Well obviously the context in which I view them would change dramatically. If I truly did despise them, I probably had good reason, because it would take a lot for me to actively despise someone.

I would give them the mandatory thanks and all that after the it happened... then I'd go home and re-assess the situation. I could see my henceforth view of them going from negative to neutral, or negative to possibly very positive, depending on if they continued the behavior that caused me to despise them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd say the person was stupid for saving my life. Now I can live a little longer to have my revenge.