First 12345 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I would thank them and probably try to befriend them. It would make one hell of a story to tell people. "And this is the guy I used to hate. Then he saved my life. Then I poisoned him to death with a little bit of arsenic over a few months, stole his wife, and spent his money. Ain't life weird?"
    Fixed!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Screw 'em. They probably just did it for the accolades.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Fixed!
    Heh, I'm not sure what you implying but this was a funny fix at least.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Screw 'em. They probably just did it for the accolades.
    Aw.... If you were about to get hit by a train, Jack, I'd pull you to safety -- even if no one would thank me afterwards. (Honest!)

@Booya: That comment that Night quoted? I thought that was pretty good, thank you for making me think.

Heh, I'm not sure what you implying but this was a funny fix at least.
    No implication, just thought it was a funny idea.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I think it depends on *why* I despise them. Examples:

a) They've done horrible things to me: Saving my life would probably do a fair amount of "erasing" this hate.
    b) They've done horrible things: Less erasure, but still some.
    c) We have clashing personalities: I'd probably try to be kinder in my evaluations of the person. They might not be that into it though. Maybe form a respect (if it wasn't there already). There are ways to personally despise a person while acknowledging that perhaps they might have a valid approach in certain situations.

At any rate, I'd definitely feel obligated to at least thank the person. And re-evaluate (like ajblaise stated).
    I basically agree with this, with the caveat that I never actually despise people due to conflicting personalities-I might be irritated by their company, but I wouldn't have any sort of animosity towards them, and I frankly don't understand why conflicting personalities would cause despite by itself. Conflicting personalities might exacerbate pre-existing differences, creating despite in what might otherwise be a respectful but oppositional relationship, or even an occasionally strained friendship, but otherwise its a non-issue.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

@Booya: That comment that Night quoted? I thought that was pretty good, thank you for making me think.
    since i'd hate for you to feel horrible later on for forgetting, i'll go ahead and say that you're welcome for the thread that inspired her to say something that made you think.

*pats herself on the back for stopping a suicide*
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Hm, personally I can't hate a Person for too long anyways. I am always pretty forgiving and try to work Things out but IF it was a Person who I hated it would really make me think afterwards. I would wonder WHY he or she saved my Life and that maybe I was wrong about him or her.

I would - in any Case - thank him or her and try to return the Favorite somewhen. Either by saving his or her Life one Day or by doing Something else he or she asks for a One-Time-Favor in Return.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

No implication, just thought it was a funny idea.
    Ok, I was just asking because I've noticed my response is different from most others in this thread, but I was just basing it on my past experience. I've known a couple of different people where we didn't really get along at first, but later we became good friends. With one guy I didn't really like him until he invited me to play D&D. It wasn't life saving, but it was good enough for me to reconsider about him. We eventually became best buds through college.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've known a couple of different people where we didn't really get along at first, but later we became good friends. With one guy I didn't really like him until he invited me to play D&D. It wasn't life saving, but it was good enough for me to reconsider about him. We eventually became best buds through college.
    I see.

Does he have money? And a wife?
    (Jest checkin'.)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I likely wouldn't be inclined to thank them much or see them very differently. I don't think it says a whole lot about someone that they'd pitch in to keep a person from dying in front of them, especially in situations when doing so provides no significant risk.

On top of that, I often dislike people on principle of their general behavior or ideas, not simply how they treat me. So if such a person saved me, they would just be a disgraceful, idiotic, bastard that happened to save me. So a quick thanks might be in order, as being saved is appreciated, but I see no reason why I would reflect on them any better.
    Go to sleep, iguana.