User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Prayers by the Lake - for those interested in Eastern Christian mysticism

Senior Member Array Wild horses's Avatar

There have been several periods where I have gone into a social hiding and yes I too think this is a little strange for an Extravert but that way of life has always attracted me.. however, I also belief in sacrificial love at the cost of everything else and so if it is to the detriment of others you should not embark upon such a journery but if the revelation and what you will gain is going to be greatly beneficial to others then it is important...
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

I think that deveoping spirituality is a process, hopefully which continues throughout one's life span. And I am wary about reaching a place where I am one-hundred percent certain that I've got it all figured out. I avoid adherence to set prinicples, am wearied by obligatory ritual, although I recognize its value to others, and am resistant to setting a specific time to worship.

A church setting, for these reasons, may be a pleasant place to socialize with other like-minded people but not my choice for celebrating awareness of my spirituality.

There have been times when I've had similar experiences to the monastic life and those have had value at the time. At one time there was a great deal of searchng and experimenting, but with time I've come to a place of being able to see my path. All the reading and talking and philosophizing and religious education and meditating were useful in their times.

For me it has come down to embracing The Mystery.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer