User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Questions For LDS/Mormons...

I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I have always been curious about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I was wondering if there were any LDS on here who could tell me more about it and how much of your faith is part of your daily life. What are the temples like? What things (beliefs, things you wear, practices, etc) set you apart as LDS? Do you think your personality type affects your faith?

This is not meant to bash mormons. I'm genuinely interested. When I search online, I find a lot of people bashing/making fun of mormons so I don't find any factual information (or I'm not sure which is fact). I want to hear it from people who have experience. (I am a Christian, by the way.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLadybug View Post
    I hope this is the correct place to ask this question. I have always been curious about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I was wondering if there were any LDS on here who could tell me more about it and how much of your faith is part of your daily life. What are the temples like? What things (beliefs, things you wear, practices, etc) set you apart as LDS? Do you think your personality type affects your faith?

This is not meant to bash mormons. I'm genuinely interested. When I search online, I find a lot of people bashing/making fun of mormons so I don't find any factual information (or I'm not sure which is fact). I want to hear it from people who have experience. (I am a Christian, by the way.)
    I've never noticed a LDS person on the boards, and I tend to pay attention. I guess we'll see what happens, but you might want to go seek out a LDS forum. I have a decent knowledge of Mormonism because I'm interested in religion and did a research project in college on it (as in, I went to Utah and did research). But I can't answer the personal touch questions at all.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

LOL I thought this was about Learning Disability Students/Morons. I'm sorry. Continue. *exit*

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    LOL I thought this was about Learning Disability Students/Morons. I'm sorry. Continue. *exit*
    I thought it said "LSD" and I was like SCORE!

But then I read some more and I was like "awww"

MBTI
    INTP

In for the LSD

In all honesty, I appreciate your concern and interest in LDS/Mormons.

Sadly I'm not very knowledgeable on religion and even more sadly not even curious :sad:
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I've never noticed a LDS person on the boards, and I tend to pay attention. I guess we'll see what happens, but you might want to go seek out a LDS forum. I have a decent knowledge of Mormonism because I'm interested in religion and did a research project in college on it (as in, I went to Utah and did research). But I can't answer the personal touch questions at all.

Oh, I see. Well, if you could tell me what you do know from research, that would be interesting. If you don't want to post it on here, you can message me.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    In for the LSD

In all honesty, I appreciate your concern and interest in LDS/Mormons.
    Have you ever seen a Mormon on LSD?

But in all seriousness, OP. Why don't you contact local Mormon church. They'd be more than happy to tell you exactly what they are all about. After all, missionary work and conversions is a very important part of their religion.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I've never noticed a LDS person on the boards, and I tend to pay attention.
    Wandering is a Mormon, but she doesn't post here anymore unfortunately.

MBTI
    INFJ

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not interested in converting, just learning about it. Perhaps this thread should be deleted if there are no LDS on here.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

That's the official website. You didn't mention whether you'd explored that yet or not, but if not you might start there.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel