• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questions For LDS/Mormons...

Frankie-NOTRUST-

MBTI Type
Isfp
Enneagram
I don't know a lot about a lot about LDS/Mormons, but some Mormons/Elders did come to my house the other day. They were super nice and strangely sexy, and i wanted to invite them in for drinks, but i wasn't sure if Mormons were down with that. They also seemed very open to criticism of their faith, and listened to me very closely when i told them what i do and do not believe.

I wanted to close the door in their faces when they first showed up, but i'm far too nice, and i know they are just trying to spread their faith, they mean no harm.

they left me a bible though, i'm not religious,at all, but it has been very interesting to read.

lol, it's the ties that make em hot.
:alttongue: they would have probably enjoyed it if you invited them in. Missionaries are very friendly. :yes:

Anyways about the questions. I"ve been looking into the church for a while now and studying it and i'm getting baptized within the month.
So if i can help just let me know... I'm still pretty new to it though.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
Does God have a father?

If so, is there an infinite regress of gods?

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Does God have a father?

If so, is there an infinite regress of gods?

I would assume so, but it's not something we really talk about. It doesn't specify anywhere in any scriptures that "god has a father," but it makes sense that he would according to other Mormon theology (infinite progression of gods).

MBTI Type
INxJ
I would assume so, but it's not something we really talk about. It doesn't specify anywhere in any scriptures that "god has a father," but it makes sense that he would according to other Mormon theology (infinite progression of gods).

True?

• The requirement of perfection for salvation
  • That God was once a man
  • That many Gods exist
  • That God progressed to Godhood by performing good works, and others may progress as well
  • That God resides near the planet Kolob
  • That Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother have bodies and use them to procreate spirits
  • That these spirits wait until a human body is prepared for them by women on earth and then inhabit said bodies
  • That by righteous living and faithful tithing a Mormon may obtain a temple recommend and marry “for time and eternity”
  • That after death righteous Mormons obtain planets they populate with their spouses — “families are forever”
  • That Mormons live healthfully without coffee, tobacco and alcohol
  • That plural marriage is “God’s perfect plan” but Mormons accept legal restrictions against it

What about "Lying for the Lord"?

LDS Honesty: Lying for the Lord
20 Concerns about Mormonism
Lying for the Lord - MormonWiki.org
INVESTIGATING MORMONISM

Congratulations on becoming one of the most successful cults ever.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
True?

• The requirement of perfection for salvation
  • That God was once a man
  • That many Gods exist
  • That God progressed to Godhood by performing good works, and others may progress as well
  • That God resides near the planet Kolob
  • That Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother have bodies and use them to procreate spirits
  • That these spirits wait until a human body is prepared for them by women on earth and then inhabit said bodies
  • That by righteous living and faithful tithing a Mormon may obtain a temple recommend and marry “for time and eternity”
  • That after death righteous Mormons obtain planets they populate with their spouses — “families are forever”
  • That Mormons live healthfully without coffee, tobacco and alcohol
  • That plural marriage is “God’s perfect plan” but Mormons accept legal restrictions against it

What about "Lying for the Lord"?

LDS Honesty: Lying for the Lord
20 Truths about Mormonism
INVESTIGATING MORMONISM

Congratulations on becoming one of the most successful cults ever.

I'm actually gunna go ahead and use your post as an excuse to post funny Mormon related pictures.

mormon.jpg

mormon300.jpg

mormons-converting-arabs-784446.jpg

speakingthetruth.jpg

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was raised Mormon. I don't really see myself as Mormon anymore though, more like agnostic or maybe Buddhist. I guess I could try to answer some questions though? I'm only 17 though, I don't know everything.

It's a respectable church. I like the fact that all the local positions, jobs, are non-paid (like sunday school teacher for example). But there are some things I just didn't agree with. Non-equality for women, not until 1978 were blacks equal, and just the general idea that god exists (yet that is my issue with Christianity more-so).

LindseyLadybug

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks for all the information! (That is, except for you "LSD Morons". :p) Sorry it took me so long to get back. I was gone and then totally forgot about this thread until now. There are so many replies that I don't have time to answer each individually as I would like to. I actually went ahead and contacted some missionaries online. That's been helpful. For those of you who are converts (at least one of you I think), how did the Holy Spirit communicate to you that the LDS Church was true? Just curious.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was born into this Church. It is a hoax. Joseph Smith and all those other founders were freemasons. Freemasons are notorious occultists. This religion is false.