User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Isfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I don't know a lot about a lot about LDS/Mormons, but some Mormons/Elders did come to my house the other day. They were super nice and strangely sexy, and i wanted to invite them in for drinks, but i wasn't sure if Mormons were down with that. They also seemed very open to criticism of their faith, and listened to me very closely when i told them what i do and do not believe.

I wanted to close the door in their faces when they first showed up, but i'm far too nice, and i know they are just trying to spread their faith, they mean no harm.

they left me a bible though, i'm not religious,at all, but it has been very interesting to read.
    lol, it's the ties that make em hot.
    they would have probably enjoyed it if you invited them in. Missionaries are very friendly.

Anyways about the questions. I"ve been looking into the church for a while now and studying it and i'm getting baptized within the month.
    So if i can help just let me know... I'm still pretty new to it though.
    "They're not particular about whether you're playing a flatted fifth or a ruptured 129th as long as they can dance to it."
    Dizzy Gillespie

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE."
    Sid Vicious

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
    Bob Dylan

MBTI
    INTP

Does God have a father?

If so, is there an infinite regress of gods?

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Does God have a father?

Good point.

I'm trying to envision what God sex looks like.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Does God have a father?

I would assume so, but it's not something we really talk about. It doesn't specify anywhere in any scriptures that "god has a father," but it makes sense that he would according to other Mormon theology (infinite progression of gods).

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    I would assume so, but it's not something we really talk about. It doesn't specify anywhere in any scriptures that "god has a father," but it makes sense that he would according to other Mormon theology (infinite progression of gods).
    True?

• The requirement of perfection for salvation
    • That God was once a man
    • That many Gods exist
    • That God progressed to Godhood by performing good works, and others may progress as well
    • That God resides near the planet Kolob
    • That Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother have bodies and use them to procreate spirits
    • That these spirits wait until a human body is prepared for them by women on earth and then inhabit said bodies
    • That by righteous living and faithful tithing a Mormon may obtain a temple recommend and marry “for time and eternity”
    • That after death righteous Mormons obtain planets they populate with their spouses — “families are forever”
    • That Mormons live healthfully without coffee, tobacco and alcohol
    • That plural marriage is “God’s perfect plan” but Mormons accept legal restrictions against it

What about "Lying for the Lord"?

LDS Honesty: Lying for the Lord
    20 Concerns about Mormonism
    Lying for the Lord - MormonWiki.org
    INVESTIGATING MORMONISM

Congratulations on becoming one of the most successful cults ever.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    True?

• The requirement of perfection for salvation
    • That God was once a man
    • That many Gods exist
    • That God progressed to Godhood by performing good works, and others may progress as well
    • That God resides near the planet Kolob
    • That Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother have bodies and use them to procreate spirits
    • That these spirits wait until a human body is prepared for them by women on earth and then inhabit said bodies
    • That by righteous living and faithful tithing a Mormon may obtain a temple recommend and marry “for time and eternity”
    • That after death righteous Mormons obtain planets they populate with their spouses — “families are forever”
    • That Mormons live healthfully without coffee, tobacco and alcohol
    • That plural marriage is “God’s perfect plan” but Mormons accept legal restrictions against it

What about "Lying for the Lord"?

LDS Honesty: Lying for the Lord
    20 Truths about Mormonism
    INVESTIGATING MORMONISM

Congratulations on becoming one of the most successful cults ever.
    I'm actually gunna go ahead and use your post as an excuse to post funny Mormon related pictures.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'm actually gunna go ahead and use your post as an excuse to post funny Mormon related pictures.
    I will now do the same in return.

Hmm, I could give you Jehovah's Witness info in detail, but not LDS...

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I was raised Mormon. I don't really see myself as Mormon anymore though, more like agnostic or maybe Buddhist. I guess I could try to answer some questions though? I'm only 17 though, I don't know everything.

It's a respectable church. I like the fact that all the local positions, jobs, are non-paid (like sunday school teacher for example). But there are some things I just didn't agree with. Non-equality for women, not until 1978 were blacks equal, and just the general idea that god exists (yet that is my issue with Christianity more-so).
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks for all the information! (That is, except for you "LSD Morons". :P) Sorry it took me so long to get back. I was gone and then totally forgot about this thread until now. There are so many replies that I don't have time to answer each individually as I would like to. I actually went ahead and contacted some missionaries online. That's been helpful. For those of you who are converts (at least one of you I think), how did the Holy Spirit communicate to you that the LDS Church was true? Just curious.
    "Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes...I fancy myself to be a 64-color box...I can only meet the 8-color boxes...I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation...so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type... I'm like, "Hey girl, magenta!" and she's like, "Oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, "No - I want magenta!" -John Mayer