User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The posts I was highlighting where framed as "obvious truths" when I considered them anything but.
    It's a casual forum, and politics isn't even the center of it, so why should we frame posts with the agonizing hesitancy and humility, of, say, an actual serious academic environment?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's a casual forum, and politics isn't even the center of it, so why should we frame posts with the agonizing hesitancy and humility, of, say, an actual serious academic environment?
    I wasnt suggesting you should, I was just saying pretty much the same as Oberon that I saw "what you where doing there", that's why I said trolling, not in the sense of abuse or more malign troll behaviour but "fishing" for someone who'll react to a ploy

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wasnt suggesting you should, I was just saying pretty much the same as Oberon that I saw "what you where doing there", that's why I said trolling, not in the sense of abuse or more malign troll behaviour but "fishing" for someone who'll react to a ploy
    Eh, I didn't really require anyone to react to that post. Better for no one to question My Word.

If an opinion is controversial or even unpopular, but it's said anyways, it's not necessarily looking for a fight.

figsfiggyfigs

HE can go eff himself.

HARRY POTTER 4 EVAH!!!!!!!!!!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Haters gotta hate. At least he's "open-minded" enough to hate on something other than religion.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I can't take much of what Dawkins says seriously since I am too repelled by his arrogance to be properly able to consider what he has to say. I have two friends who've met him in person and who have no intention of meeting him again. The first friend is a Christian who interviewed him for the BBC and found it hard to have a proper conversation with him, the second friend is an atheist who was very excited to win a meeting with Richard Dawkins since he is one of his personal heros. During the meeting Dawkins ignored my friend and instead typed on his mobile phone and when my friend asked him to sign a copy of Darwin's "On the origin of species" Dawkins refused because he hadn't written the introduction to this particular edition. I mean seriously, behave less like an asshole and it might actually help you to get your message across.
    Richard Dawkins isn't giving us a message like some rube preacher. Richard has been commissioned by the British Government to nurture our understanding of science.

And in particular Richard has been commissioned to increase our scientific understaning of the origin of species and genetics.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

All of this is beside the point- the point being, Harry Potter is lame. Seriously, how many times can one writer use the sentence "Dumbledore's eyes twinkled" before taking it out of rotation?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    All of this is beside the point- the point being, Harry Potter is lame. Seriously, how many times can one writer use the sentence "Dumbledore's eyes twinkled" before taking it out of rotation?
    -end of thread-

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That certainly depends on the lifespan of the author and the method of writing.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post