User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 244

  1. #111
    Reason vs Being ragashree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Rationality is not harmed if there remains the ability to understand the distinction between abstractions of subjective experience and methods for exploring objective, concrete reality.
    Indeed. I do wonder whether Dawkins is not committing a common mistake of those who have allowed their egos to grow too large, and underestimating the intelligence and discriminatory powers of other people.

  2. #112
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I wasn't sure what this means. Do you mean that the reading of myths is very likely to cause people to behave in a similar way to the characters contained therein?
    Or simply accept myth as a form of reality, such as it does in religion and other superstitions. I would imagine that it would have an effect. To a meaningful degree, though? I doubt it. I imagine it is the human state that would cause such things to emerge, not training in particular.

  3. #113
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So my dear Edgar, how would you type me.

    Do take your time and type me
    I haven't followed enough of your posts to make a conclusive guess of your type, but from the little that I've read you don't seem to be an INTP.

    INTPs are the most logical types (including other NTs). Logic is their religion and they think they can solve everything with it, including feelings. For an INTP to say what you have said -- that logic should not be applied to the treatment of persons because it degenerates them into things... is frankly, a blasphemous thing for an INTP to say. Usually, I tend to avoid making a statement based on a single observation, but this an unusual case.

    So I'm leaning toward NF of sorts. Perhaps INFP? That seems to be the likeliest.

  4. #114
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    I think Victor is his own mutated type.

  5. #115
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I applied logos to getting a date. I explained all the advantages of dating me. And all the disadvantages of not dating me. I explained it was perfectly logical for her to date me. And we would have a perfectly logical date.

    She kinda looked embarrassed, and twisted her handkerchief, she cast her eyes down and said, "It's not you personally, its just that I never date engineers".
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Perhaps INFP? That seems to be the likeliest.
    Fail. Victor's type = BI(TTER) TR(OLL).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #116
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I haven't followed enough of your posts to make a conclusive guess of your type, but from the little that I've read you don't seem to be an INTP.

    INTPs are the most logical types (including other NTs). Logic is their religion and they think they can solve everything with it, including feelings. For an INTP to say what you have said -- that logic should not be applied to the treatment of persons because it degenerates them into things... is frankly, a blasphemous thing for an INTP to say. Usually, I tend to avoid making a statement based on a single observation, but this an unusual case.

    So I'm leaning toward NF of sorts. Perhaps INFP? That seems to be the likeliest.
    The last thing I want to be is blasphemous so I will take your suggestion and become an INFP.

    It is, as you say, based on an individual observation, so I would be pleased if you would keep on eye on me and my posts in case you would like to revise your suggestion.

    I am highly suggestible and I am grateful for any suggestion.

    And I am grateful to you, Edgar, for giving me a new type.

  7. #117
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Fail. Victor's type = BI(TTER) TR(OLL).
    I would like to think you loved me, Bluemonday. But I can't fly in the face of the evidence.

    But who knows what the future may hold.

  8. #118
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I think Victor is his own mutated type.
    It's true, Peguy, I am a mongrel.

  9. #119
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    O RLY? I thought flying in the face of evidence/reason was your specialty.

    You know what they say: "Live in hope, die in despair".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #120
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    O RLY? I thought flying in the face of evidence/reason was your specialty.

    You know what they say: "Live in hope, die in despair".
    OK, let's face reality. We do have an emotional relationship. It's true it consists of negative emotions. But it is highly charged.

    And just as the Earth herself reverses her polarities every now and then, who knows, we may follow suit.

    I think that would be most suitable.

Similar Threads

  1. Type Mike Using Any System based off of Quote and Picture
    By Mal12345 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2017, 10:35 PM
  2. "Root of All Evil?" doco by Richard Dawkins
    By darlets in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-29-2015, 08:39 AM
  3. Who else disapproves of Uberfuhrer's previous new avatar?
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 11:52 AM
  4. The Enemies of Reason by Richard Dawkins
    By Sahara in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO