• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mayan Calendar 2012 - the world will not end

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
No one knows the end of days except God. He said it would happen at a time when no one was expecting it. That it would come like a thief in the night. With people so expecting it to happen in 2012, I doubt it will. (That our country and perhaps the world will have changed, I have no doubt, especially with Obama having been in office.)

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think the world will end, but I do hope something interesting does happen! :p

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't believe the end of the world will happen in 2012.
However, if something did happen I wouldn't be especially worried about the actual death of all of us but the manner.
I just want it to be smooth, if it happens.
:whistling:
I mean, we were going to die anyways, that didn't teach me anything about life or made me change my plans for later.:D(Except maybe grabbing my things to do before you die list)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I think it's a safe prediction that change is on it's way. Heh.

We are certainly globally going through some rapid shifts in multiple life areas. And, as most thoughtful and observant people, I believe that the changes will continue to increase exponentially and be jarring and tragic for mutitudes.

I doubt that the best soothsayer could predict, who, what, why, where, or when, though.

I am intrigued by conspiracy theories and enjoy how elements of truth appear within them.

Mole

Permabanned
I am intrigued by conspiracy theories and enjoy how elements of truth appear within them.

Yes, conspiracy theories are fascinating, even compelling.

But it is wise to remember they are all based on the emotion of paranoia.

And even wiser to know that paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

And of course we all know that the prototype of conspiracy theories is anti-semitism.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I thought the prototype was Mama Cavewoman suspecting that the neighbors were filling the cave with vermin when she was out searching for firewood.

S

Sniffles

2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist

MEXICO CITY – Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan Indian elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

It can only get worse for him. Next month Hollywood's "2012" opens in cinemas, featuring earthquakes, meteor showers and a tsunami dumping an aircraft carrier on the White House.

At Cornell University, Ann Martin, who runs the "Curious? Ask an Astronomer" Web site, says people are scared.

"It's too bad that we're getting e-mails from fourth-graders who are saying that they're too young to die," Martin said. "We had a mother of two young children who was afraid she wouldn't live to see them grow up."

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas.
2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist - Yahoo! News

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpNZmniJ_Q"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpNZmniJ_Q"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

do not be afraid of 2012 doomsday bs rumors.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha, how's that for perspective?

Figures the west would be the original source of this doomsday crap.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'll bet anyone anything that the world will not end in 2012.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
We're all going to dieeeee!!!!

I wonder who came up with that anyway.