User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    istp

i dont think most are approaching this seriously, but there's gotta be at least a few gullible people out there who actually do, so for their sake let's just accept that nobody knows when the world is ending...

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Do you mean other cultures have an exact year of 2012 association with the world ending? I'm genuinely curious.
    Egyptian... http://www.life-cycles-destiny.com/p...ilization.html

Aztec... Mysteries Of 2012 - The Aztec Calendar

Hopi... Hopi Prophecy 2012 :: Find out about the 2012 Hopi Prophecy by 2012Supplies.com

Hindu... Hinduism, - Articles

Sumerian... http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/es..._whenry02.html... Bad link!

... It's a good list of theories!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Thank you, I always enjoy reading something new.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

There is another predictive system among the corroborative sources regarding 2012 called Timewave theory which was created by Terence McKenna in the '70s based upon the ancient Chinese I-Ching processed through a fractal-wave function which purports to map the high and low points of Earth civilizations. There are some interesting correlations between the time wave graph and long-term history, as well as some recent spikes including 11.09.2001 (9-11). It's all quite controversial and enigmatic, but some aficionados are curious about an upcoming spike on 26.10.2009 (2 weeks).

But of course the I-Ching system is like a choose your own adventure book involving flipping a coin 3 times to choose your path.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    There is another predictive system among the corroborative sources regarding 2012 called Timewave theory which was created by Terence McKenna in the '70s based upon the ancient Chinese I-Ching processed through a fractal-wave function which purports to map the high and low points of Earth civilizations. There are some interesting correlations between the time wave graph and long-term history, as well as some recent spikes including 11.09.2001 (9-11). It's all quite controversial and enigmatic, but some aficionados are curious about an upcoming spike on 26.10.2009 (2 weeks).

But of course the I-Ching system is like a choose your own adventure book involving flipping a coin 3 times to choose your path.
    Yeah, there are a lot of Mckenna videos on youtube if anyone wants to check them out. Search for Novelty Theory.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTj

The 2009 calendar ends in December!

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

It doesn't matter whether it ends or not. If you can't change it, there's no sense worrying about it. Your going to die eventually anyways and as history shows, some people die before their 'time is up'.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    In any case, I want my meat stripped from the bones and fed to a bear or something that could make use of it, then wrap the bones a la mummification, and get a little pyramid for a headstone, with a language on each facing saying the same thing... for 3 sides. And then total absolute nonsense which means NOTHING on the last side, just to screw up archaeologists a thousand years from now.
    Reminds me of the Zoroastrian approach.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little hermit crab too!

MBTI
    enfp

all those civilizations got it from the sumerians.

not necessarily independent verification.

sumerians can't get everything right. or else they would have predicted the babylonians attacking them and prepared better.

well, i guess they did in a religious sense

did sumerians actually ever predict a year? I thought they speculated on a time frame, and other civilizations just kinda made a guess at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    all those civilizations got it from the sumerians.

not necessarily independent verification.

sumerians can't get everything right. or else they would have predicted the babylonians attacking them and prepared better.

well, i guess they did in a religious sense

did sumerians actually ever predict a year? I thought they speculated on a time frame, and other civilizations just kinda made a guess at it.
    Actually, the Sumerians got it when the Atlanteans visited them in flying ships and warned of impending doom.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”