User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I never quite understand what the phrase "in these times" means.

I know you offer supporting statements to back up the phrase, but are "these times" necessarily any more virulent (or safe) than years previous?
    Well,... It's just too bad that "these times" are defined by nuclear control. It's insane for a human to have that kind of power!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    ...FEMA camps and millions of stockpiled coffins throughout the US...
    Question -- why bother with coffins?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Question -- why bother with coffins?
    I wondered the same thing, it would be much cheaper to just burn the bodies in field somewhere!

... I don't think they're coffins, more likely to be supply crates for the military.
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I think preserving bodies in coffins and not letting them naturally decompose is actually gross. I'm such a weirdo.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't think that's weird. I have in my will that I don't want to be embalmed. I can't make the leap to no coffin (they'll have to carry me out there somehow), but I do want one that will decompose naturally along with me.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

My brother had a real skeleton in his drawer for his medical studies. The stench... I'm glad he finally got rid of it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't think that's weird. I have in my will that I don't want to be embalmed. I can't make the leap to no coffin (they'll have to carry me out there somehow), but I do want one that will decompose naturally along with me.
    I knew you were awesome!

I guess a decomposing coffin works!

It's a proven, scientific fact that in the year 2012, the fan will hit the shit. I saw it on the "History" channel, so it must be true.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    It's a proven, scientific fact that in the year 2012, the fan will hit the shit. I saw it on the "History" channel, so it must be true.
    Maybe, it could be because everyone is thinking about it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think preserving bodies in coffins and not letting them naturally decompose is actually gross. I'm such a weirdo.
    I find it insulting, but not gross.

The typical terms tend to go "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" or "came from the earth, return to the earth" type dealies, with many variations on the theme.

A casket/coffin prevents this. The body doesn't return to the earth, it doesn't provide nourishment to the soil, it doesn't feed the animals, the very act of embalming is poisoning the body, replacing the blood with highly toxic chemicals just so that it doesn't decay quite as fast.

It's a waste, insulting to the natural cycle of life and death, and insulting to nature in general. The majority of older cases, such as mummification, believed that the body had to be in pristine condition to exist in the afterlife, as the body was carried over as well. Christianity doesn't have this, so WHY do christians bury their bodies after embalming within caskets? It has no religious significance, the only purpose is because of "tradition", and I'm a firm believer that, just because yeu screwed something up for the last 500 years, doesn't mean that it justifies screwing it up for the next 500 as well. Tradition is not a valid excuse for incompetence.

In any case, I want my meat stripped from the bones and fed to a bear or something that could make use of it, then wrap the bones a la mummification, and get a little pyramid for a headstone, with a language on each facing saying the same thing... for 3 sides. And then total absolute nonsense which means NOTHING on the last side, just to screw up archaeologists a thousand years from now.