User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

No one knows the end of days except God. He said it would happen at a time when no one was expecting it. That it would come like a thief in the night. With people so expecting it to happen in 2012, I doubt it will. (That our country and perhaps the world will have changed, I have no doubt, especially with Obama having been in office.)
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

wow a thread title that actually lends to some truth lol
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think the world will end, but I do hope something interesting does happen! :P

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I just assumed that the calander ended at that point cause the Mayans were tired.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't believe the end of the world will happen in 2012.
    However, if something did happen I wouldn't be especially worried about the actual death of all of us but the manner.
    I just want it to be smooth, if it happens.

I mean, we were going to die anyways, that didn't teach me anything about life or made me change my plans for later.(Except maybe grabbing my things to do before you die list)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFP

I think it's a safe prediction that change is on it's way. Heh.

We are certainly globally going through some rapid shifts in multiple life areas. And, as most thoughtful and observant people, I believe that the changes will continue to increase exponentially and be jarring and tragic for mutitudes.

I doubt that the best soothsayer could predict, who, what, why, where, or when, though.

I am intrigued by conspiracy theories and enjoy how elements of truth appear within them.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I am intrigued by conspiracy theories and enjoy how elements of truth appear within them.
    Yes, conspiracy theories are fascinating, even compelling.

But it is wise to remember they are all based on the emotion of paranoia.

And even wiser to know that paranoia is psychological preparation to attack.

And of course we all know that the prototype of conspiracy theories is anti-semitism.

MBTI
    INFP

I thought the prototype was Mama Cavewoman suspecting that the neighbors were filling the cave with vermin when she was out searching for firewood.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Sniffles

Default 2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist

MEXICO CITY – Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly "running out" on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it's not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan Indian elder insists. "I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff."

It can only get worse for him. Next month Hollywood's "2012" opens in cinemas, featuring earthquakes, meteor showers and a tsunami dumping an aircraft carrier on the White House.

At Cornell University, Ann Martin, who runs the "Curious? Ask an Astronomer" Web site, says people are scared.

"It's too bad that we're getting e-mails from fourth-graders who are saying that they're too young to die," Martin said. "We had a mother of two young children who was afraid she wouldn't live to see them grow up."

Chile Pixtun, a Guatemalan, says the doomsday theories spring from Western, not Mayan ideas.
    2012 isn't the end of the world, Mayans insist - Yahoo! News

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpNZmniJ_Q"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpNZmniJ_Q"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

do not be afraid of 2012 doomsday bs rumors.