MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
    Who wants to go to heaven anyway?
    Heaven is an energetic consciousness, imo, and everyone wants to be there. The only way you won't get there is by choosing not to be one with God. People stumble through life, very few people are saints or enlightened, and even they have low human moments. That's why religion is necessary to help people draw closer to the God consciousness, because otherwise people are driven by fear, anger, biases, and other survival thinking defense mechanisms. The opposite of fear is love, and God is love.

Any religious person who tells you anything other than God being love that you can choose at any moment, is practicing false religion. Jesus talked about it in the New Testament. ..people who only pray on street corners to be seen, who care more about cultural exclusion than love, who serve money instead of God...that's what is meant by everyone who says Lord Lord is not necessarily of Christ, those people are actually an instrument of evil who lead lost people even further away from love.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenErased View Post
    Who wants to go to heaven anyway?
    Which Heaven? Whose rules would I have to follow to get there? If I decide to follow someone's religion there's a massive chance I'll be following the wrong one.

Hold on, I'm atheist, I'm definitely sure I'd be following the wrong one.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm always sorry to read these sorts of threads.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Then why do you read them?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is it because you pity the atheists for their misguided anger, or just because you don't like people criticizing the RCC? The first reaction would be Christian, the second would be utter hypocrisy, given the content of the OP.

If you don't like my story about how people can in fact choose God at any moment, then you're essentially denying the Gospels of Jesus Christ, who literally picked up sinners off the streets.

For what it's worth, I'm quite fond of Pope Francis, I admire the rationality of Catholics versus screaming hell fire backwoods scare fests, and I know for a fact you guys have the right idea about abstaining from meat, and now there's scientific evidence to support that wisdom.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Then why do you read them?
    They are created whether I read them or not and that's what disappoints me.

Could you imagine the same sorts of threads being created about "The Jews", for instance, no? I'd hope not.

I wonder how long it'll take for roman catholics to be afforded the same respect as a community as opposed to being thought of as minions of an evil villainous institution? The cartoonish picture is intentional but the matter's serious enough.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Is it because you pity the atheists for their misguided anger, or just because you don't like people criticizing the RCC? The first reaction would be Christian, the second would be utter hypocrisy, given the content of the OP.

If you don't like my story about how people can in fact choose God at any moment, then you're essentially denying the Gospels of Jesus Christ, who literally picked up sinners off the streets.

For what it's worth, I'm quite fond of Pope Francis, I admire the rationality of Catholics versus screaming hell fire backwoods scare fests, and I know for a fact you guys have the right idea about abstaining from meat, and now there's scientific evidence to support that wisdom.
    Hmm, I dont see things as you do.

Its such a narrow view too. Although whatever works for you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    A lot of people thought that at the time of his selection. John Paul II was so liberal tho, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

I liked the Wikipedia vandal who replaced his pic with one of Sauroman.

Wonder where this leaves the Eastern Orthodox Churches? The Roman church was only one of equals, not "the ruler of all."
    Yah, that's one of the things behind the splitsville between the Catholics & Orthodox. I had thought it was the sack of Rome and survival of
    Constantinople, but an Orthodox co-worker corrected me.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post

Details, please? (All I can think of is the joke from Mad Magazine where a guy impersonating an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi gets outed when he orders a bacon cheeseburger...)
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

The Parliamentary Triangle in our National Capital, Canberra, Australia, is our national space in which there are many national institutions including our National Parliament. Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLu6Lpfumx8

And although we have freedom of religion, we do not have a national, public religion, yet only one person in all of Australia has a public residence in our national Parliamentary Triangle, together with a large land holding, and that person is our Catholic Archbishop. Click on https://www.google.com.au/search?q=r...wePbf98xFkM%3A

Speaking to a priest the other day I pointed out that there is only one private residence in our National Parliamentary Triangle and that is not of the Governor General, nor the Prime Minister, nor the Chief Justice, but the Catholic Archbishop. So I suggested to the priest that they could show they are not just interested in property values and power by returning the Archbishop's residence and surrounding land to the National Estate. And without a reply the good priest turned his back on me and walked away.