User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

In defense of the Church and to clear up some things,

1. That's not really a new doctrine.
    2. Catholics don't believe that all non-Catholics go to hell.
    3. The Orthodox Churches, of which holds the beliefs of the Catholic Church but do not answer to the authority of the Holy See, is a church in schism.
    4. People sin.
    5. I think it's awesome that they brought back the Latin masses. (which is not really much in subject, but...)

If they bring back the Latin Mass, I might consider going back. I absolutely loved the Latin Mass. It was mystical and spiritual.

For the past 30 years, I've been listening to this Mass on Sunday mornings in my home. Amazon.com: Beethoven - Missa Solemnis / Margiono * Robbin * Kendall * Miles * EBS * Gardiner: Music: Ludwig van Beethoven,John Eliot Gardiner,Charlotte Margiono,Catherine Robbin,The English Baroque Soloists,The Monteverdi Choir,William Kendall,Alast
    Last edited by Zhash; 07-19-2007 at 08:38 PM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    If they bring back the Latin Mass, I might consider going back. I absolutely loved the Latin Mass. It was mystical and spritual.
    I agree with you, I think that translating the Latin Mass into English is what created fundamentalists in the English speaking world. I like things that are beautiful like that because they have a more subjective meaning and it's easier not to take things literally, as opposed to when you can actually understand the words, thereby making it easier to take things literally.

MBTI
    INTP

While I disagree with what the Pope said, I don't think it's doctrinally correct at all, I do like that this guy seems to be a real "sh#t or get off the pot" kind of leader. Of course there's a huge problem that can come from this or any other stilted teaching. One thing I hope is that a more boldness in faith attitude will abound from the top down.

That's all Jesus really wanted was for his Father's children to be faithful. Jesus was constantly getting on his crew for misinterpreting and misunderstanding but he was patient in correcting them. He knew people would make mistakes and grow.

Wasn't it James and John who were squabbling about who would get to sit next to Jesus when he was on his thrown in heaven - right before Jesus was to be crucified? But instead of getting like "Umm, helloooo, I'm right here!" and casting them out for thinking of themselves, he worked with them and allowed them to learn what God's desires were.

There's a lot of uncertainty. There's a lot to be disappointed by. It may start out rocky enough but I'm hopeful that this new Pope will instill a belief that God's children can move mountains and are overconquerers instead of whimpering about how bad things have gotten.

Of course I could be wrong and we could be facing The Empire Strikes Back: The Inquisition II but I think a lot of things will be corrected down the line but still favorable results will triumph for the faithful.

MBTI
    intp

They're just pissed because they aren't tithing me. The less Roman Catholics there are, the less money we give to support their habit of expensive churches and field trips with little boys.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by attila_the_hunny View Post
    They're just pissed because they aren't tithing me. The less Roman Catholics there are, the less money we give to support their habit of expensive churches and field trips with little boys.
    Don't forget, you can buy your forgiveness, too! Buy one murder get one free!

-Geoff

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Don't forget, you can buy your forgiveness, too! Buy one murder get one free! -Geoff
    What is the going-rate on murder anyhoo?

(I'm shopping around.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Yeah, there's been a ecumenical effort going on for years, but I reckon this is the nail in that coffin.

yeah, the new pope is totally wrecking catholicism and ecumenicism as he wipes his butt with everything good about vatican ii (vatican ii, i hold, is probably one of the most important things that has happened in recent history). screw that guy.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    While I disagree with what the Pope said, I don't think it's doctrinally correct at all, I do like that this guy seems to be a real "sh#t or get off the pot" kind of leader.
    How can the Pope be doctrinally incorrect? I thought by definition of Catholic doctrine that the Pope is always doctrinally correct.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Quote Originally Posted by attila_the_hunny View Post
    This is one of my pet hates. By giving money to them people are supporting them and in a way saying that's their behaviour is o.k. People can say they do alot of good but there exists other charities that do the good with a whole lot less bad.

If Oxfam built a giant multi million dollar complex with peoples donations there would be massive uproar, but you build a church and it's O.K?

The 2 billion dollars they've paid out in compo is peoples money that they've donated. It would have been better for all parties involved to just get the priests a hooker, or heaven forbid allow them to marry.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/