User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Thread: The Art of War?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Well, more often than not, a woman cannot match male machismo, so in the company of gung ho young warriors she is most likely to keep a lower profile, even if she is normally assertive.

Under the proper circumstances, women make effective fighters - Soviets used female snipers with great success during WW2.
    Yes, I can attest to the fact that the female attack helicopter pilots I met were pretty "business oriented" and ruthless. Stellar reflexes and no hesitation in using them.

Israel uses females in IDF, although they keep them away from infantry because male soldiers tend to make irrational decisions in protecting female soldiers on the battlefield (due to instincts), therefore making female/male infantry mix ineffective.
    We studied this in military school. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it is still the primary reason keeping women out of infantry and armor branches in the US Army.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    A recent study was conducted in Texas university I believe, showing that estrogen has the same effect on competitiveness in women that testrogen has in men...
    Very interesting. I guess we might be more "equal" than I originally imagined.

MBTI
    ENFP

I am equal to you Nighthawk in every immeasurable way of course lol

MBTI
    INTP

I am equal to you Nighthawk in every immeasurable way of course lol
    Absolutely ... I never meant to suggest otherwise.

MBTI
    ENFP

I know it was a j/k Just not a very good one I guess we're not equal after all

MBTI
    INTP

I know it was a j/k Just not a very good one I guess we're not equal after all
    Oh ... no worries ... I took it as such. I guess I just feel compelled to reply, being literal and ancient

MBTI
    ENFP

Well no worries either you're just like me I have to reply but then thats just cos I'm ENFP and communication can NEVER be broken

MBTI
    INTP

Well no worries either you're just like me I have to reply but then thats just cos I'm ENFP and communication can NEVER be broken
    I hear you ... must be the abstract N thing going on there.

MBTI
    ENFP

I hear you
    But you're not allowed to, there must be no harmony between NT and NF given the present climate on the forum and the fact that we are posting this sweet little discourse on a thread entitled "The Art of War" is not gonna go down favourably. What is our angle gonna be Nighthawk, The art of war is 'Hearing' eachother?! COme on I'll get my story straight and you get yours

Sniffles

Von Clausewitz hit the nail on the head when he stated that war is simply politics by other means.

I'll return to this topic later, since it's been one that's interested me since I was a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Under the proper circumstances, women make effective fighters - Soviets used female snipers with great success during WW2.
    Let's keep some things in mind. A million women served in the Red Army during WWII, and since total Soviet military strength reached a height of 12 million....well do the math. Yet out of that million, only a quarter million were ever trained to actually shoot....so again do the math.