User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: The Art of War?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    What is the undelyning philisophical motivation for war?
    In not so flippant terms ... testosterone.

When I was a soldier in my teens and 20's, I couldn't wait to practice my craft and test my mettle. I wanted to see if I could hang in combat. I had that opportunity in my late 20's and witnessed the horrors of armed conflict. It gave me cause to re-evaluate my dogmatic belief system. As I have aged and lost testosterone, I have found very few issues worthy of armed conflict. In a nutshell, I grow farther left every day. I honestly think war is often caused by some hyped up penis contest to determine who is the alpha male. Would be interesting to see what would happen if women ran the world.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    In not so flippant terms ... testosterone.

When I was a soldier in my teens and 20's, I couldn't wait to practice my craft and test my mettle. I wanted to see if I could hang in combat. I had that opportunity in my late 20's and witnessed the horrors of armed conflict. It gave me cause to re-evaluate my dogmatic belief system. As I have aged and lost testosterone, I have found very few issues worthy of armed conflict. In a nutshell, I grow farther left every day. I honestly think war is often caused by some hyped up penis contest to determine who is the alpha male. Would be interesting to see what would happen if women ran the world.
    Same shit. Women can be just as competitive (ruthless) as men. It's just that more often than not men happen to be the world leaders, so we don't see a woman sending an invasion force on an annual basis.

Just flip through some history books. I'm sure you will find some examples of female monarchs causing havoc.

(edit: You don't even have to go that far back -- e.g. Margaret Thatcher and Condi Rice)

MBTI
    ENFP

The best way to wage a war is to deny that your in it! lol

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    The best way to wage a war is to deny that your in it! lol
    Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Same shit. Women can be just as competitive (ruthless) as men. It's just that more often than not men happen to be the world leaders, so we don't see a woman sending an invasion force on an annual basis.

Just flip through some history books. I'm sure you will find some examples of female monarchs causing havoc.

(edit: You don't even have to go that far back -- e.g. Margaret Thatcher and Condi Rice)
    yes ... I can see it ... so much for my testosterone theory ... however I did see a LOT of macho male posturing in the war zone. The female soldiers were a bit more rational ... albeit I did see one female cobra helicopter platoon leader who was surgically deadly and ruthless in her application of violence to achieve objectives. Could have been a T though.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    yes ... I can see it ... so much for my testosterone theory ... however I did see a LOT of macho male posturing in the war zone. The female soldiers were a bit more rational ... albeit I did see one female cobra helicopter platoon leader who was surgically deadly and ruthless in her application of violence to achieve objectives. Could have been a T though.
    Well, more often than not, a woman cannot match male machismo, so in the company of gung ho young warriors she is most likely to keep a lower profile, even if she is normally assertive.

Under the proper circumstances, women make effective fighters - Soviets used female snipers with great success during WW2. Israel uses females in IDF, although they keep them away from infantry because male soldiers tend to make irrational decisions in protecting female soldiers on the battlefield (due to instincts), therefore making female/male infantry mix ineffective.

MBTI
    ENFP

A recent study was conducted in Texas university I believe, showing that estrogen has the same effect on competitiveness in women that testrogen has in men...

MBTI
    ISTx

Have you witnessed a girl fight? Shit's brutal.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Have you witnessed a girl fight? Shit's brutal.
    Women gangs prefer the use of a knife or a blade over a firearm.

If you ask me, stabbing somebody takes more "heart" than shooting them.

MBTI
    ENFP

^^ But less head! Knife crimes are more likely to be crimes of passion, that's just my thoughts. I think when women attack it's likely to be an outburst men seem more cold (Just my thoughts)