• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Obama the Messiah?

MBTI Type
ENTP
I found this thought provoking blog online.

some notable quotes:

he’s a lot closer to a Jesus-type than the other candidates, by quite a bit. What if God decided to incarnate as men preaching “hope and change.” And what if we didn’t recognize them, because we are so dull, and let them slip away, not availing ourselves of the opportunity to be led by God!

2743157500_3db9b7e6a0.jpg

if a Los Angeles creative agency gets its way, Sen. Barack Obama will see fans meet him with his own salute like the one above. "Our goal is to see a crowd of 75,000 people at Obama's nomination speech holding their hands above their heads, fingers laced together in support of a new direction for this country, a renewed hope, and acceptance of responsibility for our future,"

Film director Spike Lee predicted Obama would be elected in November.

"When that happens, it will change everything. ... You'll have to measure time
by 'Before Obama' and 'After Obama,'"
Lee said during the panel. "It's an
exciting time to be alive now." ...

"Everything's going to be affected by this seismic change in the universe," he
said.

He won’t just heal our city-states and souls. He won’t just bring the Heavenly Kingdom — dreamt of in both Platonism and Christianity — to earth. He will heal the earth itself.

Barack Obama isn't really one of us. Not in the normal way, anyway.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just because he was a born in a manger doesn't mean anything at all.

(Actually, he said he was from Krypton.)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find this manner of talk about political figures extremely unsettling. Our local liberal paper pretty much described him as the second-coming and that's fanaticism. There's no balance.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I find this manner of talk about political figures extremely unsettling. Our local liberal paper pretty much described him as the second-coming and that's fanaticism. There's no balance.
Spoken like a true prodigy.

MCCAIN RULES! YEEEEEEEEHAW!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

marry me:wubbie:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Just because he was a born in a manger doesn't mean anything at all.

(Actually, he said he was from Krypton.)
They have mangers on Krypton?? That's so cool. I knew I liked that guy. :wubbie:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

Amen.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Obama says himself that he has faults and is reminded of them everyday by his wife. I think putting him on a pedestal is courting with disaster in having too great of expectations. If elected he will make mistakes. I am hopeful that he will own up to them with the constituents, learn from them and move on. That is all we should ask.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dudes, when the voting is done, when will we know who won this drama?
I googled various questions but I couldn't find any answer on when the votes are counted and reported. Probably didn't do it right, but could someone tell me? :D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Speaking of "messiahs"... I'm thinking Obama's type is ENFJ.

Thoughts?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Dudes, when the voting is done, when will we know who won this drama?
I googled various questions but I couldn't find any answer on when the votes are counted and reported. Probably didn't do it right, but could someone tell me? :D

We'll get an idea around 6:00 EST.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ugh. Of COURSE he's the Messiah.

THANK YOU!

Geez, why is it so hard to get a little rational discourse around here? I think we need to be slower to jump to rash conclusions and spend more time analyzing the facts, which are as follows:

1. Jesus is black
2. Jesus tends to his sheep
3. Jesus defeated Hillary Satan in the primaries

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ugh. Of COURSE he's the Messiah.

What? You've given up the position, baby? That's too bad. I already had the champagne uncorked and staining the carpet.

Vote for me. I'll ensure the bread and circuses.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What? You've given up the position, baby? That's too bad. I already had the champagne uncorked and staining the carpet.

Vote for me. I'll ensure the bread and circuses.

Don't worry, you can continue to worship me, love.