• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Obama the Messiah?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, he's a "he" which certainly qualifies him.

Interesting article in "The Root" today asking whether, if he's elected, Whites will riot.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We'll get an idea around 6:00 EST.

My clock is normally set to +01 (seven hours before eastern time), but now i've changed it to eastern just so that I can follow that damn election :D I'm seriously nervous about it :D There are so many possibilities :shock:
But I've got my bets on Obama as president elect.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I find it interesting that someone would think that the next messiah would be politically based. People believed that when the first messiah (Jesus) came he would be a political one, which is something Jesus avoided like the plague in the New Testament.

I think comparing Obama to Jesus is a questionable analogy on many levels, but I won't deny that the link was interesting at least. :)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see the Orthodox Jews getting excited. Just sayin'.

[Settle down, Edahn. You're Apache-Egyptian-Minnesotan. Put your menorah away.]

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I found this thought provoking blog online.

some notable quotes:

exorcist_vomit.jpg

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I find this manner of talk about political figures extremely unsettling. Our local liberal paper pretty much described him as the second-coming and that's fanaticism. There's no balance.

Would that be the Indy? Just curious.

When I saw Obama during the primaries, he was late due to weather. The woman who prayed the invocation (at our town hall meeting... wtf???) definitely had some savior language all up ins. I was weirded out to the maxx.

And I like Obama! I'm just sayin'. Weird. As. Shit.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Doesn't the return of the messiah signify a coming apocolypse?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Obama is the worst president in history until he proves himself otherwise. He's a novelty because he is a bit different from the norm. He's good looking, charismatic and has made bold promises, some of which seem unrealistic. I'll never rep a candidate without reserve until he/she can prove their worth. The race the the white house is just that, a competition. Why not captivate people in whatever manner it takes?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
12 hours and 27 minutes until things are settled... I'm almost holding my breath.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Obama is the worst most average president in history until he proves himself otherwise.

You can't really be worst until you do worse than others... the best we can say is average, until he does worse or better!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I understand the Obama hype.

I think it's great that he's center-left like me, and he has hoards of clueless followers (nothing wrong with that, at least they are getting engaged in politics when they otherwise wouldn't) who probably don't even know what "center-left" means.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Nothing wrong with that, at least they are getting engaged in politics when they otherwise wouldn't.
It is not a problem when 'hoards of clueless voters' get involved in politics? I would prefer that they, 'otherwise wouldn't.'

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
You can't really be worst until you do worse than others... the best we can say is average, until he does worse or better!
Maybe you're right but I'm just making the point that I feel the hype is based on nothing but promises and charm. I hope he does good for the country but I'm not one to anticipate it and I feel that some are foolish in their blind obsession.

All that to say, lol messiah?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is not a problem when 'hoards of clueless voters' get involved in politics? I would prefer that they, 'otherwise wouldn't.'

Unfortunately, the western world is stuck with 'democracy'... Fuck it all! Strong leaders and huge armies, plz! :jew:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Maybe you're right but I'm just making the point that I feel the hype is based on nothing but promises and charm. I hope he does good for the country but I'm not one to anticipate it and I feel that some are foolish in their blind obsession.

All that to say, lol messiah?

I think the end of the curve on both sides is pretty nuts... but that's polarised politics for you.

I have more hope in Obama than the presidents I have lived through though. However, I make no real judgments now, because he still needs to prove himself. My mindset is to only decide what I need to decide at the time - if I would/could vote, then he would be my better choice, given the options.

If my "decision" ends up being right... well, that remains to be seen (and estimated - who knows what would of happened if McCain won instead). (Not American, so clearly didn't have a choice :D )

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Doesn't the return of the messiah signify a coming apocolypse?

I think that would all depend on your religion. The second coming of Jesus specifically would be a great predictor of an oncoming apocalypse, while the actual word "messiah" means something different in other religions. Jesus is referred to as the Messiah in Islam, but he wasn't considered a literal "son of God." Judaism is still waiting for the first messiah, etc.

I think it'll be hilarious when either candidate wins and America just goes back to normal, as if it were any other president we've had in the past.