User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    If you're one of the people who have hated or disliked the Bush administration and the general way things have gone lately with the country, which there are a lot of, it makes sense the at idea of change would very popular. Obama was smart to capitalize on that sentiment.
    No one I know of has said the man isn't smart, or charismatic. These things are actually the problem imo.

For those who are curious at the support for Obama in light of his hazy message of "hope" and nonspecific promise of "change"...I don't think his supporters necessarily think he's the cure all any more than you do. McCain's supporters say "We don't know what we're getting in Obama".

These things are very, very true. But when you have a known quantity and an unknown quantity, and you can't stomach the known quantity, you roll the dice.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    For those who are curious at the support for Obama in light of his hazy message of "hope" and nonspecific promise of "change"...I don't think his supporters necessarily think he's the cure all any more than you do. McCain's supporters say "We don't know what we're getting in Obama".

These things are very, very true. But when you have a known quantity and an unknown quantity, and you can't stomach the known quantity, you roll the dice.
    You vastly overestimate the mental presence of the voting public on the whole. For serious. I personally and otherwise know of more specific people who can't define their affection for Obama in rational terms than who can. And they haven't analyzed McCain at all, so his being "the constant" is irrelevant in regard to these voters.

It makes me...almost physically ill

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    That's the thing that astounds me. I don't understand getting rabidly excited about a nonspecific promise of "change." Things don't change all that much, no matter who's in the Oval Office. It'll be interesting to see what actually happens.
    Aww, be nice to people, let them have their false hope!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Not an American, but I supported Obama. He's not the Messiah, obviously... but logically speaking:

If McCain was elected, he'd probably (statistically) croak in a few months, leaving us with Sarah Palin for the rest of his term.

If Obama was elected, he'd probably get shot in a few months by Neo-Nazis/KKK members, which would leave us with Joe Biden for the rest of his term.

I would choose Joe.

Yes, this is unbelievably cynical. I'm glad that Obama won and made all of his pretty speeches about change, but I'll believe it when I see it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

Maybe it's all just a bad dream, if I turn on the television it will still be the year 2000. (And no Obama is not the Messiah--that position is taken--and he is not antiChrist...)
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    ...It makes me...almost physically ill
    it's probably just the flu.
    (Two of my kids got it this week.)

However.... *I* got my shot last week.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    ...I'm glad that Obama won and made all of his pretty speeches about change, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    I'd hate to be in his shoes.
    Then again, he's unflappable, as the campaign shows. He'll probably ride it out.

I wonder if Joe the Plumber will get a cabinet position.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

While Barack Obama is not in any way a guarantee of positive change, he's at least brought some hope. Let's see what he does with it... Something tells me that he might just pull off a few cool things before his term ends. He's definitely a wildcard.
    If things are handled right, this may push the United States toward a less aggressive approach in foreign policy, too.

A little question.
    He obviously outsmarted and outmaneuvered McCain and the republicans. At the same time as he makes promises of positive change for the population of the United States AND the people out there who have suffered from your foreign policy. The people of the world thinks Obama is the best choice, and the people of the United States thinks so, too.

Does he not deserve his term as president?

Come on, give it a chance.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Not an American, but I supported Obama. He's not the Messiah, obviously... but logically speaking:

If McCain was elected, he'd probably (statistically) croak in a few months, leaving us with Sarah Palin for the rest of his term.

If Obama was elected, he'd probably get shot in a few months by Neo-Nazis/KKK members, which would leave us with Joe Biden for the rest of his term.

I would choose Joe.

Yes, this is unbelievably cynical. I'm glad that Obama won and made all of his pretty speeches about change, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    hmmm... i don't think its unbelievably cynical. its average cynical. =)

MBTI

I've had "The Man Who Sold the World" stuck in my head since last night. (not joking)

I hope it's just my head fucking with me.
    innit?