• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Real World

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Some people reference society by under the name "the real world" and this is prevalent especially in discipline.

"Its not going to be this east once you get into the real world"
"You can't kill people here in the real world"

Where is the fake world?

No, I know they're talking about society. They say you're hiding from the real world, or you don't know how to deal in the real world.
I imagine most introvert kids get this lecture from their Extravert parents as my introvert brother is now.
They mean:
"You can't do that in public!"

You can do whatever you want in the real world.
The societies are the ones hiding from the real world. Or at least the hermits aren't the only ones.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The real world as opposed to a person's fantasy world where:
-they are the center of the universe
-actions go unpunished
-everything is easy
-etc

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Deleted for the reason typed below.

Last edited:

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think Nocapszy's a little ambitious. He'd probably rather just twist and influence the "real world" to accommodate his fantasy world if it arsed him. You just have to not abide by the imposed rules and be alright in carving out your own niche. I would assume that most people in the end will have some inclination at some point in life to play the game, at least a little bit in their older days.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use the phrase "the real world" to describe the horrible, harsh and serious society that one must confront when leaving college :(

I think I'll go back to school... the ivory walls keep me safe and classes are fun! :holy:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The real world as opposed to a person's fantasy world where:
-they are the center of the universe
-actions go unpunished
-everything is easy
-etc

Yeah I know.
I even said it in my post. My point isn't to say the accused is right, just that the accusers are wrong too.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I use the phrase "the real world" to describe the horrible, harsh and serious society that one must confront when leaving college :(

Thats the same weapon my parents use on my avoidant brother, used to use on me when we didn't do our homework, or hit one another, or did some other bullshit kid thing.

But it's just a weapon. It's not quite a bluff, because society is in fact harsh, but it's not really truth.
It's more like saying you're going to shoot someone with a club.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
From both sides there just messages striving for perfect ideal situations. In actuality, whatever the hell you desire to happen can occur depending on how skillful and creative you are. The actual world is in fact hard if you're not sufficiently calloused but even then if you're willing and able you have surprising freedom. Most people though are not naturally this way so there have to be some untruths stated in order to get "realistically" acclimated.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
From both sides there just messages striving for perfect ideal situations. In actuality, whatever the hell you desire to happen can occur depending on how skillful and creative you are.
Right. Most people aren't very skillful or creative, and don't have the energy/motivation to become so. The easy way out is to cooperate with society. People also like to think that they're fully aware of the truth (a mammalian drive, I'm sure) and everything, so they tell themselves that the society is the real world.
Evolved psychology creates holes. But it didn't have time before the emergence of society to decide what kind of dirt these holes should be filled with. This is one reason why denial works, confirmation bias works, why delusion is possible without psychosis etc...

The actual world is in fact hard if you're not sufficiently calloused but even then if you're willing and able you have surprising freedom. Most people though are not naturally this way so there have to be some untruths stated in order to get "realistically" acclimated.
Right.
Acclimated being a key word there -- they need training/practice.
You can't be good at it right off the bat.

Lion cubs play violent games for hours training themselves for hunting later in life, without even knowing it. If they didn't have that, they'd all die out or they'd all have to find some other way to cope.
We didn't have it, so we found another way to cope. Buildings.
But we still want to think ourselves brave and courageous, even though we're not.

How silly. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your parents are either guessing that your brother does not want to experience pain or punishment from society or they can't bear to see him go through it when, in fact, he may actually want to go through it. It does build character afterall.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
matrix_fall_3d_3.jpg