User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Weird Zodiac Sign: Aries? Me?

I've been thinking about my Zodiac Sign, Aries. I see a few things about it that seem to relate to me, but several that don't. I've read somewhere that several other factors play into how your Sun Sign manifests, but I'm not sure if those could be severe enough to make an Aries look more like a Cancer or Pisces.

One of the more interesting things I've noticed is that I have a Gemini Ascendant, with Mercury in Pieces in the 11th House. The other oddity is having Libra, which is the opposite of Aries, as my Moon Sign. Lastly, I wasn't born naturally, but two months prematurely by Caesarian Section. What kind of effect would that have?

I'm not sure how to guess what the charts mean.

The information I used to calculate my chart was:

Born at 8:40am CST* on April 1, 1988.
    41:52 Degrees North, 87:40 Degrees West.

*I don't think time moved to CDT until April 3rd, but I could be wrong since they change the rules so often.

CST= UTC -6
    CDT= UTC -5

I know this because I've had to set this frequently due to many Linux distribution's virtual insistance on keeping time via UTC.
    Last edited by Athenian200; 07-05-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I have my Sun in Pisces, Moon in Cancer, Mercury in Pisces, Venus in Aries, and Mars in Aries.

I have a Gemini Ascendant and Aquarius in the 10th House (also called Midheaven).

I also have a lot of major Uranus and Pluto placements (trines, squares, sextiles, etc.), so that's probably why I identify myself with mostly Scorpio and Aquarius. (And yes, despite not being considered a planet, Pluto is still considered the modern ruler of Scorpio.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hagel, Führer der Deutschen.

The fact that they wouldn't change Pluto's status makes sense because they're still assuming a Geocentric universe. (Which Johannes Kepler, Nicolaus Copernicus, and Tycho Brahe all discredited a long time ago.)

Responding to your info, my Mars is in Capricorn in the 8th House, and my Venus is in Taurus in the 12th House. I also have Aquarius in the 10th House.

But see for yourself:
    Natal Chart Report

MBTI
    type

Dunno off-hand, but if you are an Aries let me know where you're driving so I can avoid you.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Heh. According to that, I'm a good driver.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    What kind of effect would that have?
    A contradictory and confutative one!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    Dunno off-hand, but if you are an Aries let me know where you're driving so I can avoid you.
    You'll be glad to know that I don't drive, because I think it's too dangerous. I mean, I just don't like the idea of taking responsibility for the lives of myself and everyone else on the road. It's also kind of frightening. A huge chunk of metal careening around with other chunks of metal moving towards and away from it? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. All you would need is one small mistake in judging distance, operation, a muscle spasm, etc, and everything's ruined.

I apologize that this thread has veered slightly off-topic. Hopefully this next question will steer it back on course.

So, anyway, no one really knows what kind of effect premature birth, or being born on April Fool's Day has on your astrology? Oh, well.
    Last edited by Athenian200; 07-06-2007 at 08:14 AM. Reason: A small joke

MBTI
    type

I was an induced birth. I'm a cusp as well--Scorpio and Sag--so I often wonder about premature/delayed births.....
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    I was an induced birth. I'm a cusp as well--Scorpio and Sag--so I often wonder about premature/delayed births.....
    I always thought it would make more sense if they based one's sign off of the time of conception, not birth.

As for the hatched early/late thing -- well, I figure one just uses the system normally. If one believes in such things, then it's reasonable to assume the universe spat you out early or baked you longer for a reason, and there's no point in tweaking the system to compensate.

Maybe.

Meh.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    I always thought it would make more sense if they based one's sign off of the time of conception, not birth.
    Yeah me, too...but try explaining to your SJ parents why you want to know exactly when you were conceived....

Heh.

And is that from fertilization or implantation or which aspect of pregnancy, anyway?