• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Symbolism in Tarot

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I've been threatened with bodily harm, so I am starting this thread.

Help yourself with silly comments--what I like about Tarot is the symbolism. I'm not a big fan of the Stick Figure Tarot deck and the Thoth deck leaves me wanting something less structured.

RC007 wants a fun thread. Not sure what that means exactly--let's find out!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a copy of Dave McKeen's tarot deck, the art is amazing (!).

I think the Tarot is hooey as a foretelling device, but I think the archetypes are fascinating to study and use as metaphor, obviously they resonate with people on a deep level.

Case in point: Check out my "Card of the Day!"

TenOfCups.jpg

Oh... this is SOOOOOO me.

Look out, world -- I have been commanded to be an ExFP for the rest of the day!

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
RC007 wants a fun thread. Not sure what that means exactly--let's find out!

Oh yeah, and I think you should do readings for people [as you see fit, being the expert and all ;)] and post the results here. We could poke at the archetypes that come up. That'd be fun. Like watching-cartoons-fun, but, uh more textual.

Or something.

jeebus i need to get back in the studio...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah, and I think you should do readings for people [as you see fit, being the expert and all ;)] and post the results here. We could poke at the archetypes that come up. That'd be fun. Like watching-cartoons-fun, but, uh more textual.

I tried to find that Pearson test online, but it looks like I will have to suck it up and buy a book... Sigh. More money to support my habit.

But it could be amusing to see Crowsie do some tarot readings. I hope there's only one Death card in her deck.

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
I tried to find that Pearson test online, but it looks like I will have to suck it up and buy a book... Sigh. More money to support my habit.

But it could be amusing to see Crowsie do some tarot readings. I hope there's only one Death card in her deck.

Aww, but Death is such a great card -- all about transition/transformation/growth etc.

We could all use more death, I say!

:nice:

I bet RC blows off this thread in the name of things more "official". You know how she is -- selfish with the archetypal lovin'. :rolleyes:

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Heh.

I may have to do some readings. I'm a little rusty...but the cards used to be pretty good to me, especially my "traditional readings" deck. Voyager was always best at transformative stuff and I don''t use reversed cards with it at all.

No--the Pearson test is not online. There is a heroic index test that is the book test online, but it only gives the top archetype--for me, Sage. Anyone surprised?--and not the full ranking. The full ranking is important, apparently.

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP

Particularly nice, that one. :yes:

So howze about it my fellow fine feathered friend -- feel like giving a reading? I've got an upcoming solo show, and I'm curious as to what we could find in the unconscious to poke at in regards to its hypothetical outcome.

If nothing else, the discussion of symbolism might get the ol' creative engine turning in a new direction before my deadline arrives... :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aww, but Death is such a great card -- all about transition/transformation/growth etc. We could all use more death, I say!

If we draw two Death cards, would they cancel each other out, or would we change twice as fast?