User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    XNXP

I once had the opportunity to trade for the original art for the "King in Yellow" card in the HPL deck, but I decided to keep my original Mahlon Blaine, after some "soul searching", heh.

I have a Tarot deck based on the Tenniel illos from Alice in Wonderland. The Mad Hatter is the Fool. In my Joker collection I have some old Tarot and Tarock Fools also, some pre-dating the Joker ( 1860's USA ) by quite a few years. 52 Plus Joker - Cards of the Month: December 1997
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Card of the Day:Four of Wands-Aspiration

The hand, symbolic of upward moving firelight, represents your aspiration to fulfill your noblest ideals and highest potentials. Like the spire, aspire to the heights. Like the hands, spire and monument bursting out of the earth, your Spirit cannot be contained...

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If we draw two Death cards, would they cancel each other out, or would we change twice as fast?
    Two Death trumps? I think you got the Pinochle Tarot...

I never really believed in Tarot, but I must say I got a dead-on prediction from it once. It was the shiniest, happiest, OMG reading ever, predicting I would meet the love of my life and live happily ever after, repeating itself several times (two of cups and the lovers filling similar spots, etc). Three months later I met Ivy. Go figure.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    Two Death trumps? I think you got the Pinochle Tarot...

I never really believed in Tarot, but I must say I got a dead-on prediction from it once. It was the shiniest, happiest, OMG reading ever, predicting I would meet the love of my life and live happily ever after, repeating itself several times (two of cups and the lovers filling similar spots, etc). Three months later I met Ivy. Go figure.
    I still think she stacked the deck because she wanted you for herself.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Right now I only have the Lord of the Rings deck, not the best in terms of symbolism (although its pretty awesome to see Gandalf's duel with the Balrog as the Death card), so I've been wanting to get my hands on the Haindl deck. The Hermetic one looks fun too...

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
    I never really believed in Tarot, but I must say I got a dead-on prediction from it once. ...
    I typically don't use Tarot for divination. It's a symbol language for accessing the subconscious and for reframing questions/attitudes.

If it changes your mind so that you are receptive to something, then...is that prediction?
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've always wanted to illustrate a full tarot deck. I don't know why, but just the names of the cards feel powerful for some reason. At any rate, it'd be a long haul doing 78 cards and picking a theme, and not getting tired of it or forgetting about it.

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I've always wanted to illustrate a full tarot deck. I don't know why, but just the names of the cards feel powerful for some reason. At any rate, it'd be a long haul doing 78 cards and picking a theme, and not getting tired of it or forgetting about it.
    Start with the Major Arcana, then. 22 cards.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    I typically don't use Tarot for divination. It's a symbol language for accessing the subconscious and for reframing questions/attitudes.

If it changes your mind so that you are receptive to something, then...is that prediction?
    Agreed. I don't think there are any divinatory or prediction powers in the cards themselves. Its sort of like dream interpretation, brings stuff up or changes perspectives in your mind.

If there's any divination inherent, it might be more like prescience and seeing more paths than one become possible... (but then, does prescience cause some things to come true after all?)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DuneE View Post
    Agreed. I don't think there are any divinatory or prediction powers in the cards themselves. Its sort of like dream interpretation, brings stuff up or changes perspectives in your mind.
    That's generally how I view horoscopes as well -- almost like mantras or "Thoughts for the Day," providing a lens through which to view the world that day and work on the areas described. Predictive quality is out the window.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft