User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Lonely Universe

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    ajblaise obviously has a problem with interpreting basic sentences.:rolli: (when N goes S)
    You're not looking closely enough, for it is then when the mystery of the universe will be unraveled for you...

MBTI
    ISTJ

oh goodness......
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INFP

For me the ocean is a good metaphor for the power of vastness. And just yesterday I was thinking, "What's the ocean? A mere drop of water. . ."

When I realized that the loneliness and emptiness was not "Out there" but rather within, my whole life view changed and so did I.

It's not empty at all when it is filled with love and trust and attentiveness! It teems with life and so do I.

Lucky us.
    Last edited by Anja; 10-25-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

[YOUTUBE="OcTHBOjnUss"]The Galaxy Song[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It is pretty incredible. Kind of ruins our typical view of somehow being special and important.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I was surfing youtube and came across this and it gave me the chills. To think how big the universe really is, where we occupy it, and how that reframes the way we look at the things we consider "problems" is chilling, to say the least.
    Befriend the atoms you know, and don't worry about the ones in the next sun over.
    I want something much more different
    Not these factories or prisons
    I wish that the Earth was green again
    I wish I had a gun in my hand

--Blackbird Raum

I have to be careful the next time I open up a thread.. I have to actively NOT think about the universe or else I'll be caught up in thinking about it for at least an hour... It's a good thing to think about when things are getting to be a little too much. It just reminds me of how small and insignificant my personal footprint on existence of everything everywhere really is.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    This makes me feel a little nostalgic. When I was 13, I had a large, detailed map of the structure of the known universe showing the solar system, the local star group, star clusters, the galaxy, the groups of galaxies, etc. My entire room was filled with pictures of space and I was determined to study astrophysics and become an astronaut. I guess that will remain my unattainable dream.

From the time I started thinking for myself, I found a great deal of comfort in attempting to conceive of how large the universe is. A sense of insignificance provides a deep comfort for me. I think it is because of an awareness of my limitations. It might be like the infant who feels safe in its mother's comparatively strong arms. Anytime I start to feel significant, I feel trapped somehow. Maybe it is a letting go of responsibilities that are beyond my control. Whatever happens it isn't up to me, and there is something already set and powerful in place. My lack of understanding can in no way affect it. Plus, the grandness and beauty of the universe is the ultimate aesthetic experience of deep wonder.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

This is for people that are interested in how the sizes look from the perspective of numbers and scaling.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4RMIctims&feature=related"]SIZE MATTERS[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

I hate dial-up. I can't join in the fun of you tube.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul