• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Multiple Personality Systems] Numerology

Carmensandiego

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Does anyone use this system? How do you apply it? What is your life path? Mine is 6.

I hope I posted this in the right section!

Rouskyrie

I wouldn't say that I use it, per say. However, I do find it interesting and wish to understand it more. My life path is 2.

Carmensandiego

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Numerology is the relationship between energy and numbers. Basically, looking at the different patterns in the Universe and noticing how they correlate to what is occurring. Similar to the study of Astrology, but Numerology is less vague than Astrology. In my opinion, this makes it less accurate. Vagueness allows for interpretation, and I don't like when people feel like they're being pigeon-holed into a specfic ____.

However, it is extremely beneficial to understand the patterns of numbers. Math is a Universal language. Also, I am just making a hypothesis. I don't know nearly enough about Numerology. I shouldn't even be making a guess. BUT I'm hoping to get other perspectives, so I'm throwing my net out.

So there are multiple numbers that are important in our lives. The Life Path is the most common (I'm pretty sure it's also the most significant).

Bascially, you add up your birth information. For instance, if your birthdate was April 2nd, 1987 you would add all of the numbers, then reduce.

4 + 2 + 1 + 9 + 8 + 7 = 31
Then, you would reduce it.
3 + 1= 4
Life path = 4

Note: The only time double digits are used is with master numbers.

Letters also have a numerical value and represent another fundamental piece of Numerology, but we don't need to go into that now.

The Birthdate is such an important foot print - regardless of how much we change or evolve, our birthdate remains. That's a pretty amazing thing to think about.

How is it applicable? In the same way we use any other self-awareness tool (Astrolology, Psychology, etc).

The information is based on the past, and helps give us new possibilities so we can evolve. This is why we must always look for errors in the systems we live in. Otherwise, there is stagnation. What would happen if scientists said "well we know all there is to know about the brain, time to move on"?

Mine is 4. It doesn't sound like me at all, but it matches the Capricorn aspects of my North Node very well. :wink: So, I presume it means that I must develop the listed traits associated with 4s in order grow as a person? Well, then I have a long ways to go because I associate the listed 4 traits of being organized, practical, and decisive with xxSJs, and naturally I am one disorganized, shambolic mess. :unsure:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Yes. 8. Seriously not something that fits me, but having saturn square sun and all that junk in my chart, I figure it could come pretty late.

Sun in 10th/11th cusp...*squints* :shock:

But then again, if any of it is actually true, that means I'm pretty much a bunch of unfulfilled potentials and a complete failure. SO I mean :shrug: ...I just need to get my Te working again :mad::dry:

Mole

Permabanned
Numerology, astrology, and homeopathy are plausible superstitions. They have no basis in evidence and reason, rather they appeal to the worst in us, largely because they hide the worst rather than reveal it.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Hmm, I am definitely a numbers oriented sort of person, so I believe in the significance of numbers and that they represent different aspects of reality...

However, the whole adding up of birthdate or letters in the name doesn't appeal to me, I just don't buy it.

For the record, my life path number is 7. 7 has biblical significance, and is also the only number higher than 3 that the cross product can be done in in mathematics.

Mole

Permabanned
Superstition and Statistics

Rather than the superstition of numerology we would do better in understanding statistics because our whole physical world is based on the statistics of quantum mechanics, for instance, photosynthesis on which almost all life is based, only works through quantum mechanics and statistics.

Also a considerable number of aspects of our social life are also understood by statistics, and our psyche can also be understood with statistics.

Yet we are attracted to superstition in exactly the same way gamblers are attracted to luck, where gambling can be precisely understood with statistics, and there is no need to have faith in superstition or luck.

Justmeonhere

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm interested in numerology even if it isn't really a reliable system. My life path is 5 and it's quite right! Obviously is not perfect but I think it's really interesting.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to be interested in numerology and astrology when I was a teen. I know that my life number is 7 and really relate to it but I consider it to be a coincidance since I no longer believe in this crap.

Mole

Permabanned
I used to be interested in numerology and astrology when I was a teen. I know that my life number is 7 and really relate to it but I consider it to be a coincidance since I no longer believe in this crap.

So you are a kind of numerology atheist and an astrology atheist, and no doubt there are many other belief systems in which you do not believe, and in each of these systems you are an atheist.

There are of course Catholic atheists, Islamic atheists, Hindu atheists, even Buddhist atheists, Jain atheists, Christian Science atheists, Mormon atheists, and atheists of every stripe of belief, so you are not alone.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Mine is 3, which only half sounds like me. Dates are a system that man made up to understand the natural cycles of energy (that's what "time" is when you think about it... a measurement of the Earth's physical movement in a repetitive, consistent pattern). Our concept of time is pretty accurate (save for leap year... weird concept), but that doesn't mean it has intrinsic mystical value. I would believe in astrology before numerology because astrology is based on something more innate as opposed to a man made system of measurement. I don't know much about either though so perhaps my opinion doesn't bear much weight.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lifepath - 22
Life Destiny - 1
Soul Number - 11

I used the calculator at Cafeastrology. It provides a pretty comprehensive report in addition to calculating all your numbers.