• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

neuro/pscyh therapy online

belgianvalid

Hi I am a nurse and my friend is a neurologist/psych, we are planning to put up a therapy center to help out those children with special or chronic cases like mild autism and down syndrome. Due to our busy work, we wanna reach and help them via face-time or online consultation. Do you think this would be possible? Any inputs?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think it's entirely possible but the biggest issue will be security/HIPAA concerns. As a nurse, you are familiar I'm sure but, those issues are what's holding telehealth advancement back. I'm very excited about it, nonetheless and I hope more health professionals move in the direction you're taking.

belgianvalid

I think it's entirely possible but the biggest issue will be security/HIPAA concerns. As a nurse, you are familiar I'm sure but, those issues are what's holding telehealth advancement back. I'm very excited about it, nonetheless and I hope more health professionals move in the direction you're taking.

Thanks for your advice and support. Actually, I have been collecting information, suggestions and advice since last week to come up with a good plan. Many people suggest that we build an actual therapy center and others say it would be better to use an advance software. We have not decided which to choose. But nonetheless, we hope that this would be successful. TY again.

Mole

Permabanned
Thanks for your advice and support. Actually, I have been collecting information, suggestions and advice since last week to come up with a good plan. Many people suggest that we build an actual therapy center and others say it would be better to use an advance software. We have not decided which to choose. But nonetheless, we hope that this would be successful. TY again.

I am wondering whether you would apply the mbti test to your patients and give them the interpretation of the results?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A lot of things are moving to online. Telepsych is something we use a lot in the hospital (using a machine that sends video of the doctor from anywhere in the world to the patient and they do an assessment based on what they see and hear), dermatology, pain control, and counseling are all texting and online lately..

.. so I think it's definitely more where people are going. With your demographic, it'd be usually selling it to the care takers as a practical solution to decrease driving to doctor offices and such.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

As far as CMS is concerned, it won't matter. The only people I know that use the G-codes are physical therapists, occupational therapy, speech therapy, that kind of thing. So if you want to get paid, you'll need an EHR that's compatible, especially on that 30 day limit - you'll need to do your homework.