User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Astrology

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Default Astrology

Apparently there isn't a general thread for this so I'm making it because...questions.

I have a huge-ass stellum in my 12th house capricorn and I wanna know what it means. And like, in general, why does 12th house have so many issues?

And also, @Chanaynay needs clarification on what's given more preference in chart interpretation: House, Planets, or Signs. Not me, just him.

Also, why the fuck are there so many libra risings on this site.

And also, I'm going to trust that everyone here is mature enough to realize that no one cares about their opinions of validity other than their mother and even then only sometimes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
    And also, @Chanaynay needs clarification on what's given more preference in chart interpretation: House, Planets, or Signs. Not me, just him.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

There are a number of astrology thread here, you just need to look around for them.

I don't want to get into deep interpretation, but to figure out what a 12th house capricorn stellium means, you sort of have to holistically combine the meaning of all of it it. Sort of like how being a particular personality type means a whole bunch of stuff; look at how the functions interact and what they represent.

Chart interpretation is at the will of whoever is reading it. Most astrologers don't put strong emphasis on one particular thing either. All three matter more or less equally.

The reason for the preponderance of Libra risings is actually due to math. The way a rising sign is calculated is based on the position of the sun in the sky. The path follows an arc that changes with the seasons, and which hemisphere you are on, and the latitude matters. In the northern hemisphere rising signs spend a longer time at the virgo/libra cusp line. The further away you get from that line, the shorter amount of time is spent. If you go to extreme latitudes near the artic circle, the time spent in virgo and libra is nearly half the day, where as the time spent in pisces/aries is mere minutes. The opposite occurs in the southern hemisphere. As a result, there is a statistically higher distrubution of virgo and libra risings in the northern hemisphere, and the population in each sign beyond them diminishes the further you move from that line.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Also, why the fuck are there so many libra risings on this site.
    I call @Starry @Lady_X and @chickpea to assemble with me so we can weed out the mistyped ESFJs out of NFP society by eliminating those who are not libra rising
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes chickpea, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I love how that's the line you took issue with and not the libra diss/call out one.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I love how that's the line you took issue with and not the libra diss/call out one.
    was that a diss? do better
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Hawthorne liked this post

TypologyBentral.Bom Array chickpea's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

you sound jealous of our Venusian beauty
    Likes Chanaynay, Starry, senza tema liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The reason for the preponderance of Libra risings is actually due to math. The way a rising sign is calculated is based on the position of the sun in the sky. The path follows an arc that changes with the seasons, and which hemisphere you are on, and the latitude matters. In the northern hemisphere rising signs spend a longer time at the virgo/libra cusp line. The further away you get from that line, the shorter amount of time is spent. If you go to extreme latitudes near the artic circle, the time spent in virgo and libra is nearly half the day, where as the time spent in pisces/aries is mere minutes. The opposite occurs in the southern hemisphere. As a result, there is a statistically higher distrubution of virgo and libra risings in the northern hemisphere, and the population in each sign beyond them diminishes the further you move from that line.
    This is fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

I did a quick forum and google search but none of the results were general enough (as in, not attached to MBTI or ennea in some way). So here we are.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Chart interpretation is at the will of whoever is reading it. Most astrologers don't put strong emphasis on one particular thing either. All three matter more or less equally.
    The part I was particularly confused about which @Hawthorne inconsiderately ignored () was how the planets and houses seem to have overlap over what kinds of concepts they pertain to. For example, my mercury is in gemini but I have sagittarius in my third house - yet both mercury and the third house seem to pertain to communication, sharing of ideas, etc (or as another example, my venus is in cancer but aries is in my seventh house). So I'm confused about how to consolidate the two - if maybe one relates to predispositions and one relates to the trajectory of one's life path moreso than the other, etc. Just writing it off as "a little mix of both" feels very vague.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I call @Starry @Lady_X and @chickpea to assemble with me so we can weed out the mistyped ESFJs out of NFP society by eliminating those who are not libra rising
    whaaaat?? are they too?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison
    Likes Starry liked this post

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast