User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ

Default 8 Circuits of Consciousness

Not a personality typing system per se, although there is a lot of overlap here...

I'd like to talk a bit about the 8 Circuits of Consciousness model, as developed by the likes of Timothy Leary and Robert Anton Wilson.

The basic idea is that we could insightfully divide the development of the person into 8 stages, with each person reaching a certain level of proficiency in each, although often not really moving past the initial ones. A person can have experiences of a higher stage than where they would be placed - to be at a certain stage would imply adeptiveness of that level - able to activate it well and navigate dextrously.

There are various resources online outlining each stage, though as my favourite such explanation seems to have been buried, or at the very least my searching skills are not up to par, I will outline them here myself.

Levels I-IV

I: when the child is born, the world is divided into that which is helpful and that which is hurtful, and whichever predominates will give rise to a primarily avoidant or pursuant attitude.

II: when the child becomes a toddler, power games come into play. Demands are asserted and adhered to, and here we have a division into the dominant versus submissive attitudes.

III: as the child attains its education, tools and symbols are manipulated - the world is represented abstractly, though not necessarily overly profoundly.

IV: a higher degree of responsibility will be developed, so that social moralities are adhered to, with certain behaviours termed good or bad, or rather appropriate or not.

[DARKMOOR: A CRISIS ENSUES AS THE INSUFFICIENCY OF THE PREVIOUS MODES OF BEING ARE REALISED, FOLLOWED BY A PLUNGE INTO THE DARKNESS OF THE UNKNOWN TO DISCOVER WHAT MORE LIFE OFFERS]

V: pleasure is sought out for its own sake, still largely physical although tending subtly to the spiritual mindset.

VI: beliefs are restructured actively as one chooses for oneself what is believed and who and when connections are made (with).

VII: the collective unconscious is experienced, with such associated experiences as past-life realisations, and the formation of embodied spirits.

VIII: the overmind is brought into communication with the individual, with ensuing paranormal experience.

The proportions of population reaching each level become increasingly rarefied as the list progresses (although VI and VII are debatingly switched at times), with the level 8'ers being a percent or so.

ty
    Likes Punderstorm, Zeego, Santosha liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Interesting post, @Legion! What you said about people in the higher levels being rarer in the population reminded me of how intuitives are rarer than sensors. I wonder if developing one's intuitive function could help with reaching the higher levels. Psychedelic drugs such as LSD may help as well.
    We will meet again in Etruria.

INTP
    INFp/IEI
    5w4 - 9w1 - 4w5 sp/sx
    MelPhleg

Johari | Nohari
    Likes KitchenFly liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    925 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII None

I've done them, 7 before 6, but I don't consider 8 to be a "goal" but rather a "correction." 8 is where you get the "wrong way, playa." And get redirected. Sometimes, multiple times.
    Likes Legion, Zeego liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zeego View Post
    Interesting post, @Legion! What you said about people in the higher levels being rarer in the population reminded me of how intuitives are rarer than sensors. I wonder if developing one's intuitive function could help with reaching the higher levels. Psychedelic drugs such as LSD may help as well.
    Do you think intuitives develop their sensing function before sensors develop their intuition function?

THE 8 CIRCUITS OF CONSCIOUSNESS EXACTLY PARALLELS THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE 8 FUNCTIONS

If you have activated all 8 cognitive functions, then you've activated the 8 circuits. The Jungian Model describes the 8 modes of cognition which are to be mapped to each of the 8 circuits.

Yes, drug use can help a lot with this stuff.
    Likes Zeego liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

You could possibly draw up a correlation with functions that goes like

Si Se Te Fe Fi Ti Ne Ni, or something like that

However, I am not looking at a model which correlates to MBTI types at all, however someone with a well-developed inferior function is probably at a higher level on the chart.

It is like being spiritual. If you think you can communicate via telapthic-empathy, or that you can see past life memories or the collective unconscious, or communicate with a higher power such as a god, then you are probably schizophrenic since these are delusions, even if you believe that nothing is true, they are still delusions, because that makes total fucking sense.

No one sees my vision, when I tell it to them they just see it's whack, and I don't know what's up with that but it is an endless source of frustrational ineptitude. Oy vey oy vey. Sumthin sumthing.

Now, starting back from the beginning lets take it back to the source, since that's where it started from and where it starts at the end again until it never did before so what the what the doors the door, or not before and after when it didn't have to end like that it could be more and more before the war. Tragic, truly tragic, how could such a thing become of the wondrous earth before us, tragic.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

VII: the collective unconscious is experienced, with such associated experiences as past-life realisations, and the formation of embodied spirits.

VIII: the overmind is brought into communication with the individual, with ensuing paranormal experience.

ty
    I would really love to hear from anyone who thinks they have some insight into these two phases, preferably experential but also.. those who have bordered it intuitively. Stage 8 is something that, brings to mind NDE'rs (which I have followed quite passionately) along the lines of Anita Moorjani, Natalie Sudman, Jessica Haynes, Bruce Greyson, Sam Parnia, even Esther Hicks-ishness. And if you haven't checked these people out, they may be of interest.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santosha View Post
    I would really love to hear from anyone who thinks they have some insight into these two phases, preferably experential but also.. those who have bordered it intuitively. Stage 8 is something that, brings to mind NDE'rs (which I have followed quite passionately) along the lines of Anita Moorjani, Natalie Sudman, Jessica Haynes, Bruce Greyson, Sam Parnia, even Esther Hicks-ishness. And if you haven't checked these people out, they may be of interest.
    It is quite difficult to know for sure,
    When one is 8, or not, at times
    The way they generate their thoughts,
    Is not the way I come to mine.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI None

I've had memories of past lives... had nothing to do with a collective unconscious, though.