• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

8 Circuits of Consciousness

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Not a personality typing system per se, although there is a lot of overlap here...

I'd like to talk a bit about the 8 Circuits of Consciousness model, as developed by the likes of Timothy Leary and Robert Anton Wilson.

The basic idea is that we could insightfully divide the development of the person into 8 stages, with each person reaching a certain level of proficiency in each, although often not really moving past the initial ones. A person can have experiences of a higher stage than where they would be placed - to be at a certain stage would imply adeptiveness of that level - able to activate it well and navigate dextrously.

There are various resources online outlining each stage, though as my favourite such explanation seems to have been buried, or at the very least my searching skills are not up to par, I will outline them here myself.

Levels I-IV

I: when the child is born, the world is divided into that which is helpful and that which is hurtful, and whichever predominates will give rise to a primarily avoidant or pursuant attitude.

II: when the child becomes a toddler, power games come into play. Demands are asserted and adhered to, and here we have a division into the dominant versus submissive attitudes.

III: as the child attains its education, tools and symbols are manipulated - the world is represented abstractly, though not necessarily overly profoundly.

IV: a higher degree of responsibility will be developed, so that social moralities are adhered to, with certain behaviours termed good or bad, or rather appropriate or not.

[DARKMOOR: A CRISIS ENSUES AS THE INSUFFICIENCY OF THE PREVIOUS MODES OF BEING ARE REALISED, FOLLOWED BY A PLUNGE INTO THE DARKNESS OF THE UNKNOWN TO DISCOVER WHAT MORE LIFE OFFERS]

V: pleasure is sought out for its own sake, still largely physical although tending subtly to the spiritual mindset.

VI: beliefs are restructured actively as one chooses for oneself what is believed and who and when connections are made (with).

VII: the collective unconscious is experienced, with such associated experiences as past-life realisations, and the formation of embodied spirits.

VIII: the overmind is brought into communication with the individual, with ensuing paranormal experience.

The proportions of population reaching each level become increasingly rarefied as the list progresses (although VI and VII are debatingly switched at times), with the level 8'ers being a percent or so.

ty

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting post, [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]! What you said about people in the higher levels being rarer in the population reminded me of how intuitives are rarer than sensors. I wonder if developing one's intuitive function could help with reaching the higher levels. Psychedelic drugs such as LSD may help as well.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've done them, 7 before 6, but I don't consider 8 to be a "goal" but rather a "correction." 8 is where you get the "wrong way, playa." And get redirected. Sometimes, multiple times.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Interesting post, [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]! What you said about people in the higher levels being rarer in the population reminded me of how intuitives are rarer than sensors. I wonder if developing one's intuitive function could help with reaching the higher levels. Psychedelic drugs such as LSD may help as well.

Do you think intuitives develop their sensing function before sensors develop their intuition function?

THE 8 CIRCUITS OF CONSCIOUSNESS EXACTLY PARALLELS THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE 8 FUNCTIONS

If you have activated all 8 cognitive functions, then you've activated the 8 circuits. The Jungian Model describes the 8 modes of cognition which are to be mapped to each of the 8 circuits.

Yes, drug use can help a lot with this stuff.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You could possibly draw up a correlation with functions that goes like

Si Se Te Fe Fi Ti Ne Ni, or something like that

However, I am not looking at a model which correlates to MBTI types at all, however someone with a well-developed inferior function is probably at a higher level on the chart.

It is like being spiritual. If you think you can communicate via telapthic-empathy, or that you can see past life memories or the collective unconscious, or communicate with a higher power such as a god, then you are probably schizophrenic since these are delusions, even if you believe that nothing is true, they are still delusions, because that makes total fucking sense.

No one sees my vision, when I tell it to them they just see it's whack, and I don't know what's up with that but it is an endless source of frustrational ineptitude. Oy vey oy vey. Sumthin sumthing.

Now, starting back from the beginning lets take it back to the source, since that's where it started from and where it starts at the end again until it never did before so what the what the doors the door, or not before and after when it didn't have to end like that it could be more and more before the war. Tragic, truly tragic, how could such a thing become of the wondrous earth before us, tragic.

:(

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
VII: the collective unconscious is experienced, with such associated experiences as past-life realisations, and the formation of embodied spirits.

VIII: the overmind is brought into communication with the individual, with ensuing paranormal experience.

ty

I would really love to hear from anyone who thinks they have some insight into these two phases, preferably experential but also.. those who have bordered it intuitively. Stage 8 is something that, brings to mind NDE'rs (which I have followed quite passionately) along the lines of Anita Moorjani, Natalie Sudman, Jessica Haynes, Bruce Greyson, Sam Parnia, even Esther Hicks-ishness. And if you haven't checked these people out, they may be of interest.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I would really love to hear from anyone who thinks they have some insight into these two phases, preferably experential but also.. those who have bordered it intuitively. Stage 8 is something that, brings to mind NDE'rs (which I have followed quite passionately) along the lines of Anita Moorjani, Natalie Sudman, Jessica Haynes, Bruce Greyson, Sam Parnia, even Esther Hicks-ishness. And if you haven't checked these people out, they may be of interest.

It is quite difficult to know for sure,
When one is 8, or not, at times
The way they generate their thoughts,
Is not the way I come to mine.

MisteurFox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've had memories of past lives... had nothing to do with a collective unconscious, though.