• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which system describes you the best?

what system describes you the best?

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what the poll says... and feel free to elaborate, please! :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
enneagram for sure, i identity most with 7 out of all of the types i've listed

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Socionics - INFp ... wow. I was like so coool.

á´…eparted

passages
Definitely enneagram. Very little is wrong. It's also rather rare for anyone to guess my type wrong.

MBTI/jcf does describe me quite a bit, but it does miss the mark a decent amount. It's accurate enough that I know my type, and can explain it from my POV. It's not accurate enough though that everyone sees me as the same type.

Socionics not really. I label myself as EIE, but I also heavily consider SLE. I see myself as equally both. As such, I pay little attention to this theory.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram, with Socionics an honorable mention. I felt very dissatisfied with the MBTI in general, with the exception of the cognitive functions - I believe there is some empirical rationale for them. For the record I also dislike Enneagram type descriptions, but when I grasped the theory (and had recovered enough from depression) the floor fell through for me. I felt I finally understood so much about myself, it was close to an epiphany. So much made sense. It wasn't all pleasant, for sure, but I've learned a lot and feel more confident as a result.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like enneagram the best, I think I'm best described as a 9 than as an ISFJ or SEI. I haven't paid too close attention to socionics, only enough to figure out what my type is with some level of accuracy, but what really kills it for me is that whole "appearances" thing it has. Like "x type waddles like a duck and has a round face" I don't see how that crap can possibly relate to personality theory. The rest of it is fine though. And I do like MBTI, and it was the first one I got into so it has a special place for me--I just think it has a lot of problems also. Mostly just because I'm picky.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics is the best system for personality types because it explores how different people interact with their surroundings and themselves rather than just a case what they can and can't do like JFC seems to be about. The descriptions for the cognitive functions seems ridiculous for any of the Se and Si types- like you are Se if you are observant and Si if you are obsessed with the past. It's not wonder no one wants to identify as a sensor. Anyone can see the concrete reality around them. It makes intuition seem like you have some kind of talent. Socionics goes deeper than that, and sensing and intuiting actually seem like equal concepts. MBTI is okay but it seems more like a case of choosing the type which sounds most appealing and the stereotypes are pretty bad.

I like enneagram but it doesn't interest for too long. The Big 5 describes my personality right away so I think that is the best system, at first. Because their is no possibly way of having a variation of the personality types. For example, if you are in the inquisitive category, then you just are and thats it. With MBTI, Socionics and the functions there are still things that vary, such as the individuals sense of humour, talents, or social behaviors (quiet vs talkative).

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Enneagram for sure. I think it goes deeper, just because 5 resembles INTP, but with wings and tritype you can add shades that are oblivious in MBTI.
To give an example, I'm 541, the Researcher, which dissipated my doubts on being a true INTP, because the 1 reconciles with my high Fi (which is not higher than Ti, of course). The point is that I'm perfectionist and whatever it is that doesn't fit my internal values/principles, it's just a huge no-no. INTP sees me as a nerd who likes machines or science, when I actually like Nature and Art, which is supported by the wing 4.

SLOAN does a great job too, but it was nothing that I couldn't easily deduce by myself: I don't like people, I put myself first, I'm disorganized to the point of real chaos, I like investigating and asking questions and wonder about everything and I'm stable, though I have times in which I can't help being erratic, anxious and explode in anger. RESULT: Rc|U|EI

I think the one whose results resemble my personality the least is Socionics. It gives some interesting insights, but I can't agree with the whole definition of my type nor the relationship-between-types chart. That is complete nonsense for me. I do like that the cognitive functions mean something different than the MBTI ones, and I agree with them. I can't comprehend the use of cognitive functions in MBTI because INTP has Fe in its stack and I definitely use ALL other functions more than Fe, so I wonder why can't others be in my stack. I believe they should be personal and not attached to types.

So, summing up, Enneagram.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Other. Socionics Gamma SEE-Fi.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me it's definitely enneagram. My core type 4 defines me absolutely perfectly and the 3 wing adds everything up to the point it brings very clear definition of who I am.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Enneagram for sure. I think it goes deeper, just because 5 resembles INTP, but with wings and tritype you can add shades that are oblivious in MBTI.
To give an example, I'm 541, the Researcher, which dissipated my doubts on being a true INTP, because the 1 reconciles with my high Fi (which is not higher than Ti, of course). The point is that I'm perfectionist and whatever it is that doesn't fit my internal values/principles, it's just a huge no-no. INTP sees me as a nerd who likes machines or science, when I actually like Nature and Art, which is supported by the wing 4.

SLOAN does a great job too, but it was nothing that I couldn't easily deduce by myself: I don't like people, I put myself first, I'm disorganized to the point of real chaos, I like investigating and asking questions and wonder about everything and I'm stable, though I have times in which I can't help being erratic, anxious and explode in anger. RESULT: Rc|U|EI

I think the one whose results resemble my personality the least is Socionics. It gives some interesting insights, but I can't agree with the whole definition of my type nor the relationship-between-types chart. That is complete nonsense for me. I do like that the cognitive functions mean something different than the MBTI ones, and I agree with them. I can't comprehend the use of cognitive functions in MBTI because INTP has Fe in its stack and I definitely use ALL other functions more than Fe, so I wonder why can't others be in my stack. I believe they should be personal and not attached to types.

So, summing up, Enneagram.

Woah, hey there brother. :p

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Astrology. Everything else is just mild entertainment.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram/tritype.

While I think my MBTI type describes me very accurately as well, I fit the behavioral patterns of my tritype about 5x better than the behavioral patterns of my MBTI type.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram, easily. Any doubt I have ever had about my core type lasted only days at most.

While my MBTI type is the best fit, and I no longer doubt it, I am not as straight of an example. There is a reason why 4's are usually N's, for one thing. But I understand where in ISFP it all comes from now. This type system is no longer something I have to really try to figure out.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately enneagram... but it seems more messy and not well defined than MBTI and Socionics.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Enneagram.

It brings the negatives and the positives so the forer effect is less pronounced.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None of them fit perfectly, but the enneagram, I think, is closest. The 4 thing is a bitch, but it's also the most accurate. The part that most people don't agree with or find iffy - which I can understand - is my typing of Double wing. But neither wing is a perfect match whereas the hybrid of the two is, imho.

In MBTI I've been typed every NF and even on occasion ISFP by some. In socionics, I cannot decide between IEI and IEE. Both have parts that are very much me and both have parts I do not identify with as well.