• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which system describes you the best?

what system describes you the best?

• Total voters

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Currently, I think the two systems for which I’ve listed types in my signature

MBTI is too constraining and static. I think the Jungian functions do exist, but that they’re far more fluid than the 16 type systems are capable of articulating in any meaningful way.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Forgot to mention...none of the PoLRs in Socionics fit and I relate to several type descriptions, so there's that.

Interestingly...Si fits me the most in Socionics right now. MBTI Si is far from first place in me though. Anyone who bothers to read about both knows those are different.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Forgot to mention...none of the PoLRs in Socionics fit and I relate to several type descriptions, so there's that.

Interestingly...Si fits me the most in Socionics right now. MBTI Si is far from first place in me though. Anyone who bothers to read about both knows those are different.

I came here to say the same thing. I haven't seen any singular type that fits me as well as Socionics Si, and I'm confident that I am an SLI. MBTI Si is something else and I don't relate to it. Actually, MBTI is just a horrible fit overall.

Also, I think types 4 and 6 are very relevant to me although I am not a perfect example of either. I think the 4+6 combo, however, would be most fitting.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram - 9sx/sp, 259 tritype

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I struggle to fit comfortably within any of the systems, but I'm sort of an extreme in terms of personality. I think the only thing (outside of whole syn-flow contra-flow bs) that is really fitting is the enneagram IV theory, in the sense that I am meme-ishly sp/so. In terms of the ones I know of:

IV >>>> Big 5 > Socionics >= Enneagram > AP > MBTI/CF (As I don't differentiate between dichotomies and grant stack since there are 7+ different perspectives surrounding it)

mofongo

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely Enneagram, I'm still struggling to really grasp which cognitive functions I use, nothing seems to fit completely. Big 5 is also great in a more practical sense.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I guess I'd say Big 5 is the most accurate...it doesn't type you and it allows for change...it's also the most supported by research...

mancino

Enlightened!
MBTI Type
NFJ
I voted Enneagram. I'm very surprised by the vote split: if you consider the sheer volume of MBTI/Cognitive Function (CF) material (also here on TC) you would guess otherwise.

Maybe many of you have had the same experience I had: first you enter typology from 16personalities or some other dichotomies test. It's simple, seems to work, the description you get is eye-opening, or at least intriguing. Then you get mistypes, so you dig and discover the CF. But the more you dig, the muddier it gets.
Then you discover the Enneagram, which is the other way around. It is very esoteric at the beginning, but the more you dive into it, the more sense it makes.

Knowing what I know now, when a friend who knows nothing about typology and asks me about it, I go for the Enneagram and skip MBTI/CF altogether. It's not that they don't make sense or don't work, it's just that they're either too shallow or too complicated for the job.

A side note, my take on CF in the spoiler:

What I like about the Enneagram:
- There are Archetypes, which are very relatable, like the 16 MBTI types but unlike modern CF description (each function in a vacuum, which is not as Jung put them)
- The model describes nicely how you move from one type to another, from one coping strategy to another, keeping the same fixation but changing behavior. I love the integration/disintegration and wings much more than the CF development, tertiary loop and grip concepts, which are very flimsy at least.

I'm currently very excited about this take on the Enneagram:
Triune Brain and the Enneagram article
You could say that it was by reading this that I settled on my being 7w8 and, hence, ENTP.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Literally 100% of these are me. What a mood:

RLUAI
moody, not good at sports, low energy level, unable to speak up for self, avoidant, depressed, withdrawn, attracted to things associated with sadness, easily frightened, feels defective, lonely, no self confidence, easily discouraged, avoids crowds, backs down when threatened, easily intimidated, socially unskilled, loner, unproductive, late with work, prone to health problems, focuses on fantasies more than reality, self loathing, wounded at the core, easily hurt, often sad, becomes overwhelmed by events, fearful, rarely prepared, fears doing the wrong thing, often aware how the color and lighting of a room affects their mood, feels untalented, quiet around strangers, prone to addiction, doubting, anxious, easily confused, frequently overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, weak sense of purpose, relates to broken and discarded things, unsure where life is going, continually losing things, fears drawing attention to self, avoids unnecessary interaction, often bored, second guesses self, embarrassed by praise, worrying, resigned, prone to jealousy

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Hmn, most likely the Enneagram and possibly Objective Personality.

I struggle with 'The Big Five' since the characteristics depend a lot on the context and my state of mind. I can't generalize myself based upon five characteristics that are so changeable.
The MBTI is difficult since I see myself as relatively balanced, using every function from time to time, not really having one that 'pops out'... (But I also don't have enough knowledge of the MBTI system.)
Socionics explains the functions better than the MBTI but I haven't read through everything yet.