• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are You An Ambivert?

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think there's anyone on this planet who would describe me as "quiet," but I've always considered myself an ambivert. It's often said that ENxPs are the most introverted extroverts, and I agree. I not only require substantial alone time, but I often crave it.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I find I relate to a lot of the extraverted and introverted characteristics, but in social situations I tend to just take everything in and let the conversation go over me. I've had people describe me as warm and sociable and stuff like that. I remember in school I was always a bit of a chatterbox.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. I'm definitely an introvert.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
Im an ambivert. I have taken brain dominance tests and always score right in the middle. I also just took the 16personalities test and got intj with:
I 52 - 48 E

Lark

I think I am with a tendency towards extroversion when I'm feeling good, although over time I've wondered about this one, whether or not its to do with the availability of social contact, its quality, whether its energising or draining, and possibly attachment style and either attachment deficits or needs which all factor into it rather than the traditional idea of introversion or extroversion.

For instance until I was about seventeen I figured I was an introvert, it turned out that a lot of the people I associated with until that age were just not good friends etc. Met a whole other social scene at that age and whole experience of life between then and I think 21 was totally different. I often get the feeling that all the literature, and I think its fairly volumous, on introversion figures that its an extrovert's world and an extrovert just walks it, not so, not all and it takes the development of a lot of introvert traits to cope with the challenges.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I'm very socially introverted but I have some strong cognitively extraverted traits. I don't have much ambiversion in me.

Bacopa

MBTI Type
intj
Yes I think I am. I can get energized by both people and my own inner world.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I'm a pure extrovert. Function wise and social wise.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. I can be quite social yet I quite enjoy my solitude.

SirCanSir

MBTI Type
hmm
Enneagram
hmm
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably, since im not settled on E/I. Used to type as E but i neglected a lot of how i operate back when i felt certain about that. Its probably tough to say for me though because of potential ADHD/ high need for stimulation. I still get drained no matter who im talking to eventually. On the other hand i value alone time but if im alone for too long i dont feel healthy.

I guess i ll look it up in more depth when i get meds.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Socially, I would consider myself a clear introvert. However, if you consider "external stimulation" as a factor, I'm pretty ambiverted there. Most of the time, I'd rather be on the move shopping and traveling rather than just sit around in the house. The thrill of getting out keeps me stimulated and a good mood for a few days. I still need to recharge at home after the fact, but that's more of a need than something I truly enjoy. Hanging out at home alone is always nice, though. I beg my family members to go out, and get rather restless when they don't have to same energy I do. When I'm actually out though, I just soak up the atmosphere, I'm not actually energized by conversations. Also, I can't be in a place and not want to see everything. Every room, every shelf, every poster and stray paper. Sometimes I feel like a creeper because I listen to people's conversations without talking much because I want to be in the know. If I hear anything remotely interesting, I have to stop in my tracks and not leave the room until I hear everything juicy there is to hear.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely not an ambivert. The only thing on the list I can identify with at all is "You know when to be outgoing and when to be reserved. You naturally adapt to the situation." I know when it is necessary to be outgoing but it is draining to do, and it is a stretch to say the adaptation is natural. It is more learned, or at least practiced. Small talk doesn't scare me, it annoys me because it is generally a cost/benefit fail. Again, I can do it if I have to, but I prefer not.