• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Multiple Personality Systems] Astrology's Planet Archetypes and MBTI Letter Code/Cognitive Functions

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I know I'm not the first or last to do astrology and myers-briggs. As many have noted, myers-briggs work comes from jung's work, which itself comes in some part from alchemy, which comes from astrology. Additionally, all these systems of psyche use somewhat platonic categories, and so this inclination to find parallels seems pretty rational.

I've been disappointed with what I've found so far though, as most tend to focus on
  • 12 sun signs (virgo, leo...) vs. the 16 personalities (intp, esfj...)
  • 4 elements (fire, earth, water, air) vs. the 4 cognition types (thinking, feeling, sensation, intuition)
  • whole natal horoscopes (conjuctions, aspects, sign influences...) vs. the 16 personalities
which is pretty limited, given both astrology and myers-briggs theories have a lot of other possible angles for cross-comparison.

I found the following parallels myself, but I'm curious how others see them. They're numbered as followed

1. Astrological Planetary Archetype
2. 8 letter code parallels
3. Cognitive Functions parallels

1. Uranus:
Originality, inventions, breaking from tradition, bohemian, freedom, creativity, forward-looking, originality, discovery, innovation, progressive, novelty, ingenuity, spark of intuition, quirkiness
2. Perception:
The state of taking in and perception information, of not converging on conscious or unconscious conclusions/judgment
Focused on exploring options, trying things out, preferring novelty over repetition, does not decide until necessary or exceptionally sure
May not grow sufficient life structure or criticality
3. Extroverted Intuition:
Perceives through abstract patterns built from immediate sensorial reception and memory – tastes, smells, sounds, visuals… -- to connect to subtle, emergent possibilities for altering or innovating the world around them. Enjoying being silly and playful without shame. Energizes others in its vision of future possibilities; feels a sense of oneness in the perceived unity of all things

1. Saturn
Discipline, responsibility, limitations, restriction, delay, tradition, convention, structure, order, past experience, boundaries, responsibilities, commitments, rules, regulation
2. Judgment
The state of formulating ideas, responses, minimizing extraneous stimulus from external and internal environment
Focused on what is known or proven, operate from set structures, editing themselves only when necessary or when exceptionally sure
May not grow sufficient open-mindedness or tolerance towards uncertainty
3. Introverted Sensing
Perceives the present through bodily sensations that are connected to the past, collecting an extensive range of learned facts and memory, can feel a sense of oneness with the past through tradition and ritual; prefers sticking to known structures and experiences

1. Jupiter
Exploring ideas, formulating ideology, ethical and moral values, benevolence, honor, tolerance, expansive, gratitude, bounty, good will, mercy, blind optimism
2. Introversion
The state of perceiving/reflecting or judging/modifying belief inwards
Prefers not to initiate, edits their expressions, leans on internal perceptions and memory, requires reflection time to grow, prefers a path of idealism
May not grow sufficiently assertive to test or manifest internal structures
3. Introverted Feeling
Strives for integrity and consistency in its ideals. Concerned with internal sense of right and wrong, and keeping consistent to these principles. Highly in tune with the emotional subtleties and essence of other people. Selective concerning when something is worth standing up for.

1. Mars
Energy, passion, determination, command, confidence, ambition, competition, courage, assertion, stamina, action, raw energy, forthright, impatient, forceful, impulsive
2. Extroversion
The state of perceiving/exploring or judging/directing the external environment
Prefers to keep active and honest with others and in activities, leans on external feedback, prefers a path of pragmatism
May not grow sufficiently reflective to question and improve external habits
3. Extroverted Thinking
Focuses on maximizing efficiency in the outside world, including solving problems or managing situations. It accepts flawed means if they still accomplish a goal, becoming impatient if no measurable results are made. Desires to build from and lean on structure and order; notices inconsistencies in logic and reality. Competitive and thrives on satisfaction from accomplishment.

1. Venus
Love, romance, emotional harmony, appreciation, attraction, arts, indulgence, possessions, sensuality, sentiments, pleasure in life, charm, taste, attachment, superficial
2. Feeling
Personal sentiment, personal concerns, compassion, tactful over truthful. Harmony-oriented, values-oriented.
3. Extroverted Feeling
Seeks optimal social relationships and interactions, recognizes how to bring social harmony; modifies behavior to conform to perceived and stated desires of others; desires opening up others.

1. Mercury
Communication, intellect, logic, thought expression, quick thinking, dexterity, perceptiveness, deconstruction, analysis, sorting, technical, intelligence, memory
2. Thinking
Impersonal results, technical, logical, precise, categorical, explicit understanding. Task-oriented, solution-oriented.
3. Introverted Thinking
Uses an internal system for analyzing and categorizing everything; takes concepts apart to understand underlying principals; presumes a logical order to the universe; finds the best words to express a concept with clarity and brevity.

1. Ceres*
Cultivation, nourishment, collective needs; Goddess of Common Man
Our connection to what we consume, the planet, products, icons
2. Sensation
Is in connection with their literal surroundings, prefer pleasurable and sensually engaging experiences; focus on sense impressions, comfort and luxury,
May not grow sufficient ‘big picture’ understanding outside of most direct concerns and experiences
3. Extroverted Sensation
Have detailed perception of literal present reality; good at sizing up situations and others; follows trends and embraces social conventions and norms, prefers taking experiential approaches to life, reading cues to maximize impact, living in the present moment

1. Pluto
Transformation, regeneration, rebirth, destruction, obsession, subversion, intensity, repression, obsessive power, individual truth
2. Intuition
Prefers abstraction over literalism, finding connections and relationships between concepts, categories, and systems
May not grow sufficiently grounded in real limitations or apply their capabilities
3. Introverted Intuition
Generates unique and complex insights that seem out of nowhere, but are developed through unconscious processes that work outside of conscious effort to converge on probabilities. Seeks the hidden essence of everything to deepen understanding, sometimes only for its own sake; may get lost in conspiracy, or completely transform behavior based on insights

* Ceres does not yet have astrological consensus on its archetype, but I pulled from some common themes among the little writing I found.

For those wondering, I'm currently gathering more interpretations, but I see the solar bodies not included above as

Neptune - Superego - Conscience
Sun - Ego, meeting the challenges of everyday life
Moon - Id - Stream of consciousness, basic habits, ingrained reactions
Sedna - Sub - Self-vindication, rationalizing of bad behavior
Chiron - Neurosis - Emotional health

I have more rationale for these choices, but I think I'm posting enough. I'd appreciate any feedback! :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is pretty neat, [MENTION=15643]iauiugu[/MENTION]. I've studied astrology for a long time and for the most part agree with the functions you've applied to the planetary energies. Would be interesting to take this schema to compare what energies combine to form each type, and then to take that self-selected type and compare it to the natal chart to see what energies are actually predominant.

What were you seeking feedback on?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
While I don't believe in astrology, this is actually interesting stuff that links to what I feel from Gustav Holst's The Planets (if you can type a song), it adds another angle to it somewhat.

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
This is pretty neat, [MENTION=15643]iauiugu[/MENTION]. I've studied astrology for a long time and for the most part agree with the functions you've applied to the planetary energies. Would be interesting to take this schema to compare what energies combine to form each type, and then to take that self-selected type and compare it to the natal chart to see what energies are actually predominant.

What were you seeking feedback on?

Thanks [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]!

I like your idea for cross-analysis, but since I know little of astrology I wouldn't know how to study predominance of planetary influence myself.

I suppose I'm mostly curious to what extent people agree with the parallels i've found, or may see other ones as more appropriate. for instance for some time i thought introverted thinking was more plutonic (individualistic, pursues 'truth' deeper than is conventional -- but intuition specifically pulls from the unconscious or what is not obviously present), extroverted feeling more cererian (likely to be conformist -- but this is a small facet of it)

I'm also curious if the cognitive 'elements' or 'functions' seem to match up better, since they're quite different things in mbti.

between cognitive functions and the other things, i imagine astrology, as a study that mostly shows fluctuation and probabilities, is more related to the non-functions, as the functions are believed to be innate, while the other factors are conditioned and modifiable -- for instance as an INFJ i could train myself to be more comfortably extroverted (martian), but as far as i can tell my automatic reaction to new information will always be 'introverted intuition'-ish -- a narrow, out-of-nowhere impression or angle on things, often without clear correlation to what made it manifest in my stream of consciousness.

á´…eparted

passages
I used to be heavily invested in astrology in the past, and I know quite a lot about it. Now, I don't regard it anymore. Nevertheless, I grew up with it from a very early age (my mother was and is still very into it), so there is a certain level of sentimental fondness I have for it that will always be there. My natal chart fits me like a glove (less so in regards to life events, but that's a different matter), and I have spent a lot of personal time both before and after I regarded astrology as baseless, and I will not deny that there seems to be a level of accuracy is beyond what one would expect from statistics. The forer effect is rife though, so it's difficult to say. At the end of the day though, astrology is just fun to me. It's like a complicated puzzle, and has parallels to typology.

While I stayed away from it for a long time since I ditched out of principal, I've recently come to see it as something that "ok" to play with. In essence, there is very little odds, chance, or room for basic natal chart reads about a person to be harmful. It can be used as a starting point for self discovery, self reflection, and growth and development as a person. So long as it stays contained to just personal makeup, and doesn't dictate relationships or action taken towards ones life (usually dealing timing of unsupported actions), it's not bad, and at worst, is fun.

With that out of the way (I feel like I have to make this disclaimer a lot), I think your list is accurate, and I have a difficult time faulting much in it. With that being said, I don't think there is going to be a significant enough correlation to link typology to astrology on individual levels. Largely because astrology is so nuanced and interpretive heavy that there's many ways placements can manifest. For example, I am very very Plutonian, so one would expect me to be an Ni dom, and I am not. Granted, I thought I was for many years.

I have noticed however that Aries placements seem to show up fairly frequently with E4's. It's purely anecdotal though so I can't verify it's voracity.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am an Fi dom and I have a heavily Jupiter-influenced chart.

Your Jupiter/Fi description is very complimentary, so of course I like it. :alttongue:

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I used to be heavily invested in astrology in the past, and I know quite a lot about it. Now, I don't regard it anymore. Nevertheless, I grew up with it from a very early age (my mother was and is still very into it), so there is a certain level of sentimental fondness I have for it that will always be there. My natal chart fits me like a glove (less so in regards to life events, but that's a different matter), and I have spent a lot of personal time both before and after I regarded astrology as baseless, and I will not deny that there seems to be a level of accuracy is beyond what one would expect from statistics. The forer effect is rife though, so it's difficult to say. At the end of the day though, astrology is just fun to me. It's like a complicated puzzle, and has parallels to typology.

Interesting points to note -- I haven't heard of the Forer Effect before. I know of times I've been subject and slave to it, but I too have found the number of parallels between it and myself to be noteworthy.

For my part I've looked into astrology for about a year now, after suppressing a lifelong interest in it, to be honest. i have been mostly into the secular, scientific and academic route of thinking, but i decided a while back that i could indulge my truest interests of study, which included astrology, among other 'occult' things. astrology is one of the few things that's really stuck.

While I stayed away from it for a long time since I ditched out of principal, I've recently come to see it as something that "ok" to play with. In essence, there is very little odds, chance, or room for basic natal chart reads about a person to be harmful. It can be used as a starting point for self discovery, self reflection, and growth and development as a person. So long as it stays contained to just personal makeup, and doesn't dictate relationships or action taken towards ones life (usually dealing timing of unsupported actions), it's not bad, and at worst, is fun.

That's a fair way to put it. Most of my peers are more resistant to it, but I hope to convince them to feel similarly about it.

With that out of the way (I feel like I have to make this disclaimer a lot), I think your list is accurate, and I have a difficult time faulting much in it. With that being said, I don't think there is going to be a significant enough correlation to link typology to astrology on individual levels. Largely because astrology is so nuanced and interpretive heavy that there's many ways placements can manifest. For example, I am very very Plutonian, so one would expect me to be an Ni dom, and I am not. Granted, I thought I was for many years.

I have noticed however that Aries placements seem to show up fairly frequently with E4's. It's purely anecdotal though so I can't verify it's voracity.

As a disclaimer, this is my most far-fetched sense of connection, so I'll try to keep it clear and brief

I think the astrological archetypes overlap in the two ways, with types of actions and information (perceiving, sensing), or with the cognitive functions.

In my mind, the quantity and quality of types of actions and information in a social sphere are synchronous with an astrological read of what factors are archetypally likely to be predominant (ex. uranian-plutonian socially liberal behaviors in the 60s, more intuitive, novelty-seeking, perceiving, judgment-suppressing, or saturnian-plutonian social conservative people's behaviors in the 80s, more judging and sensoral, focus on concrete data and order)

The cognitive functions independently relate as the types of cognitive of people who are more likely to favor certain types of behavior and ideology, and therefore have social status and prominence in relation to the changing tides of social norms, as analyzed in astrology and history.

I stumbled on this thought when I realized the parallels between Uranus' transit (as discussed in Cosmos and Psyche) and the American history research of Lowe and Strauss, who analyzed American history in terms of generations, and found a four-generation pattern that in my mind parallels the archetype of uranus at its squares and opposition points. Lowe and Strauss are/were conservative men, with no connection to astrology, but did connect their idea to jungian concepts of personality, in the same manner astrology seems to be.

This would take considerable research to back up though, so for now I think people may get into labeling themselves as one of these astrological archetypes in themselves, which if done freely and not dogmatically seems like more benefit and fun than harm. It could also be much more accessible to someone not particularly into astrology than, for example, finding a credible astrologist who will not assert more than they should. (i'm still shopping)

In my case, as an INFJ, I'd say my Plutonian and Venutian characteristics are prominent, but also noteworthy is my weakness to Mars and Saturn reflect to me the effects of my domineering EJ mom, dad, and sister, while other INFJs seem much less averse, and sometimes attracted to having these characteristics

My father, as an ENFJ, can be often more Martian than Venutian, as a working class Roman Catholic Italian kid who had to become an adult early

I see this too reflecting the difference between our cognitive preference (which seems, save major brain trauma, pretty static in life) and the types of behaviors and information we have received (which in turn form the types that we use, perceive, like, reject, etc.) which overlap in terms of the astrological archetype

I haven't seen any correlation between cognitive functions and natal charts or anything though, which, if my or another person's parallels between astrology and typology hold up, is interesting. My chart is super earthy, and I get why considering how I was raised, but most INFJs don't seem remotely as earthy as I am, or sun sign virgos.

Hopefully that makes some sense. Thanks for your thoughtful feedback :)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm, I would have chosen differently but you have good reasoning behind it.

is my jupiter on the MC opposite saturn responsible for fi-si looping?

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well intuition is water, action is fire, sensation is earth, and intellect is air...it's the same for the tarot and in all cultures...

in the east they break down even more into wood, metal, etc...but pretty much every culture in history and today agrees that water is emotion, air is thought, fire is action, and practicality and sensation is earth....

I mean the planets don't align with the types, they are a separate thing entirely, another layer of the psyche...

the planets are archtypes and symbols with great polysemy and are more of a syncronistic thread or needle that passes through our reality.

For example, Saturn is limitation and structure, but it is also the tearcher, while jupter is higher learning that exapnds the mind, saturn is the rote aspect...

The planets are more known by the feeling they leave or impress or evoke. If you feel dread and anticipation that might be a Saturn and Pluto conjunction.

If you feel sudden dread, that's like uranus in the mix too...

You know...they can't be ripped out of their place and put in the TYPE box.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sagittarius may be my sun sign, but otherwise and predominantly my chart is a Saturnian/Capricorn orgy. While it doesn't directly line up with the OP, it fits as a flavor of my type.

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Well intuition is water, action is fire, sensation is earth, and intellect is air...it's the same for the tarot and in all cultures...

in the east they break down even more into wood, metal, etc...but pretty much every culture in history and today agrees that water is emotion, air is thought, fire is action, and practicality and sensation is earth....

I mean the planets don't align with the types, they are a separate thing entirely, another layer of the psyche...

the planets are archtypes and symbols with great polysemy and are more of a syncronistic thread or needle that passes through our reality.

For example, Saturn is limitation and structure, but it is also the tearcher, while jupter is higher learning that exapnds the mind, saturn is the rote aspect...

The planets are more known by the feeling they leave or impress or evoke. If you feel dread and anticipation that might be a Saturn and Pluto conjunction.

If you feel sudden dread, that's like uranus in the mix too...

You know...they can't be ripped out of their place and put in the TYPE box.

thanks for the feedback [MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION]!

are the planetary archetypes necessarily intertwined with the elements? I know the planets are related to signs, which themselves have established elemental aspects (among others), but the signs are not 100% the same as their planetary ruler, and so i didn't the elements.

From what you've mentioned, I see Saturn as the 'rote aspect' aligns with introverted sensation as Si people highly favor rote processes and structure; the cognitive act of judging is the solidification of thought into a discernible structure, also pretty saturnian. In a way I see the relationship between cognitive functions and the planets as similar to that of signs vs. planets, similar but not 100%, with the planet representing the most dynamic, multivalent teleos of these other facets and manifestations

I draw these parallels more in line with the Kabbalistic tree of life's relationship to the planetary archetypes, as its widely believed that the sephirot of the tree are the planets. the tree diverges sharply from astrology's interpretation of the planetary archetypes however, as the tree of life is designed to represent the essential attributes of any given thing (the saturnian skeleton and/or skin necessary for independent existence, the solar will or function or mechanism), from an organism to a society to a government to a psyche. Therefore I see what I'm doing more along this approach to the planetary archetypes, as something that can be scoped in on. Even your description of saturn suggests to me that there are layer of interpretation of the planets that can be articulated, from a phenomenological experience (rote aspect) to a personified archetype (teacher)

Maybe I'm reading you wrong but I don't mean to suggest that the planetary positions in one's birthchart can be translated to these parallels directly, either; I am a super-earthy INFJ (moon, sun, mercury, ceres, mars, neptune, uranus, saturn all in earth signs) but the parallels i'm drawing and my super Introverted Intuition nature (into conspiracies, looking 'deeply', big-picture thinking, sudden novel epiphanies and methods for looking at things) would suggest my chart would have more than just pluto in scorpio, but nope

Instead I see the astrological archetypes as something that can be formulated as a type system, where people can look at astrological ideas in a less esoteric, top-down way, and be more like myers-briggs. in this way, as an Ni dom, I deeply relate to almost all descriptions of the plutonian impulse (sacrifice ego control to inebriates, exploring the metaphorical dark and exotic, desire for transformative experiences and regeneration), beyond just those most often associated with Ni's (sudden novel insights, need to mull things over, trust in deep intuition, reading between the lines)

whatever overlap if any with a birth chart and one's affinities for these types is not something i have confidence in defining, but i do think the number of parallels between the planets of astrology and type categories of myers-briggs to be noteworthy in a different way.

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
hmmm, I would have chosen differently but you have good reasoning behind it.

is my jupiter on the MC opposite saturn responsible for fi-si looping?

out of curiosity, what would you have chosen, [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]? I don't think i'm necessarily right and always like being less wrong

while your interpretation of your chart might work with my limited chart reading knowledge, i don't think birth charts and the jungian parallels i'm trying to draw are 1:1. i find no consistent parallels between people's cognitive functions and their charts, and given charts are so complex, i have no idea where to start if one does.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
thanks for the feedback [MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION]!

are the planetary archetypes necessarily intertwined with the elements? I know the planets are related to signs, which themselves have established elemental aspects (among others), but the signs are not 100% the same as their planetary ruler, and so i didn't the elements.

The archtypes of planets as personified prefer certain elements but in themselves are not necessarily associated with them although they have natural affinities for certain elements. For example, naturally, mercury is preferable to air elements since we sing mercurius as the winged messenger.

From what you've mentioned, I see Saturn as the 'rote aspect' aligns with introverted sensation as Si people highly favor rote processes and structure; the cognitive act of judging is the solidification of thought into a discernible structure, also pretty saturnian. In a way I see the relationship between cognitive functions and the planets as similar to that of signs vs. planets, similar but not 100%, with the planet representing the most dynamic, multivalent teleos of these other facets and manifestations
Interestingly, I see your point here. I am currently reading two books, Gods in Every Man, and Goddesses in Every Woman, and in the book they describe Jupiter as extroverted and Pluto as introverted.

The book does not talk much about Saturn. The saturnine disposition tends to be introverted but even extroverts can at points be merose. Ableit, depression, and the alchemical process associated with Saturn is that of turning inward. But Saturn also rules the world car in tarot and may have an extroverted side to it in the form of rage or as THE TEACHER.

I draw these parallels more in line with the Kabbalistic tree of life's relationship to the planetary archetypes, as its widely believed that the sephirot of the tree are the planets. the tree diverges sharply from astrology's interpretation of the planetary archetypes however, as the tree of life is designed to represent the essential attributes of any given thing (the saturnian skeleton and/or skin necessary for independent existence, the solar will or function or mechanism), from an organism to a society to a government to a psyche. Therefore I see what I'm doing more along this approach to the planetary archetypes, as something that can be scoped in on. Even your description of saturn suggests to me that there are layer of interpretation of the planets that can be articulated, from a phenomenological experience (rote aspect) to a personified archetype (teacher)

Maybe I'm reading you wrong but I don't mean to suggest that the planetary positions in one's birthchart can be translated to these parallels directly, either; I am a super-earthy INFJ (moon, sun, mercury, ceres, mars, neptune, uranus, saturn all in earth signs) but the parallels i'm drawing and my super Introverted Intuition nature (into conspiracies, looking 'deeply', big-picture thinking, sudden novel epiphanies and methods for looking at things) would suggest my chart would have more than just pluto in scorpio, but nope

Instead I see the astrological archetypes as something that can be formulated as a type system, where people can look at astrological ideas in a less esoteric, top-down way, and be more like myers-briggs. in this way, as an Ni dom, I deeply relate to almost all descriptions of the plutonian impulse (sacrifice ego control to inebriates, exploring the metaphorical dark and exotic, desire for transformative experiences and regeneration), beyond just those most often associated with Ni's (sudden novel insights, need to mull things over, trust in deep intuition, reading between the lines)

whatever overlap if any with a birth chart and one's affinities for these types is not something i have confidence in defining, but i do think the number of parallels between the planets of astrology and type categories of myers-briggs to be noteworthy in a different way.

Strangely, Recently I have been climbing that tree too and understand where you are coming from. Pluto is definately a NI/TE thing. It's about inner transformation leading to outer results but the sign is important i believe.

I think house placement matters as well. Planets in the top to top left quadrant, facing the chart, tend to be extroverted even if they have an introverted nature, if we go by theory.

I was just alluding to what Jung was thinking about when he came up with typology....that intuition was fire, water was feeling, air was thinking, and earth was pragmatism and action.

Kudos to you sir. You know your esoterica well.

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
The archtypes of planets as personified prefer certain elements but in themselves are not necessarily associated with them although they have natural affinities for certain elements. For example, naturally, mercury is preferable to air elements since we sing mercurius as the winged messenger.

I do see how the elements reflect key attributes of the planets, like how air is connected to mercury's archetype. Air, contemporaneously known as gas, both literally and figuratively operates with rapid movement, dispersal , sensitivity to containment and stuff which fits with the gemini and mercurian quick exchange, movement, and refinement of ideas attributes

Interestingly, I see your point here. I am currently reading two books, Gods in Every Man, and Goddesses in Every Woman, and in the book they describe Jupiter as extroverted and Pluto as introverted.

The book does not talk much about Saturn. The saturnine disposition tends to be introverted but even extroverts can at points be merose. Ableit, depression, and the alchemical process associated with Saturn is that of turning inward. But Saturn also rules the world car in tarot and may have an extroverted side to it in the form of rage or as THE TEACHER.

I'm curious how these books describe jupiter as extroverted (and about them in general) but I'll explain my choice. I've read about Jovian idealism as a product of reflection (essentially an introverted process) towards broader ideals that are more effectively applicable to reality at large than otherwise more ignorant actions. The luck and opportunity of Jupiter was thus explained as a consequence of reflection, as developing ideals produces greater perception of opportunity for co-operation and collaboration.

Also jupiter is related to long-distance travel, which is the best method for developing strong reflective abilities – a wide palette of experience to mature through for better clarity for evaluating the values and opportunity of a given moment

Introversion as a personality trait is most simply a process of intaking, opposed to expressing, information of either yourself or others, and tends to come with a general set of habits: preferring small groups of intimates, slower reactions, sensitivity to aggression and overstimulation, need for reflection before major decisions, etc. all seem to amount to a 'lowly' collection of more 'godly' traits of Jupiter's archetype

In terms of myers-briggs, morose introverts tend to be IJs, who are overthinkers and planners, melancholic in terms of the humors -- more Saturnian introversion; IPs are good-natured, calm, and patient, phelmatic in terms of the humors -- more Jovian introverts

Strangely, Recently I have been climbing that tree too and understand where you are coming from. Pluto is definately a NI/TE thing. It's about inner transformation leading to outer results but the sign is important i believe.

I think house placement matters as well. Planets in the top to top left quadrant, facing the chart, tend to be extroverted even if they have an introverted nature, if we go by theory.

I was just alluding to what Jung was thinking about when he came up with typology....that intuition was fire, water was feeling, air was thinking, and earth was pragmatism and action.

Kudos to you sir. You know your esoterica well.

I haven't heard of the houses relating to introversion and extroversion before. Mind recommended something to read on it?

I'm honestly pretty new to esoterica, but I've been pretty immersed in it for over a year now, seeking things worth creating a life by as an alternative to the various disappointing systems of understanding i've had in my short life (roman catholicism, atheism, nihilism, post-structuralism, radicalism, identity politics...)

Astrology, along with subsequent psychological typologies, both new and old, make up the core of what I find most valuable to help me find and center myself in the world, a skill I feel is worth developing. Independent individuation. A radically deep relationship with yourself. So for now I'm very appreciative of your feedback

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is amazing. :happy2:

Absolutely everything is true to me !

I'm a woman from Uranus.

+ this sentence "feels a sense of oneness in the perceived unity of all things" is more or less in touch with my own signature

:happy0065: Thanks for sharing this discovery [MENTION=15643]iauiugu[/MENTION].

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh damn. I didn't realize this thread was here. It'd be interesting to contrast this with the really crude list I just drew up. I should come back to this.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I know very little about astrology but I know Saturn is a major influencer in mine (being a Capricorn), as well as a lot of Venus and Mars snuck in there. Based on that and your explanations, my personality kind of makes sense - type A but with a lot of emotions. Scary haha.