• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Dungeons and Dragons 5 by 5 alignment are you?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Social, Moral, Impure, and Rebel are all just midways between Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic and Good/Neutral/Evil. I thought that was pretty obvious..?

á´…eparted

passages
Social, Moral, Impure, and Rebel are all just midways between Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic and Good/Neutral/Evil. I thought that was pretty obvious..?

I am surpised that this sort of alignment system isn't used considering there are several midway outer planes that match up on this chart.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am surpised that this sort of alignment system isn't used considering there are several midway outer planes that match up on this chart.

As a bit of random trivia, the first edition AD&D was actually just Lawful, Neutral, and Chaotic.

Maybe they'll change it over time, maybe not, since it's changed in the past. (Looks like 4th edition cut alignment to five categories, 5th edition restored them to nine.)

In Hero Lab and some tweaks to the system, you can actually just assign degrees to Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic and Good/Neutral/Evil.
(So Lawful is 1-2-3, Neutral is 4-5-6, and Chaotic is 7-8-9, for example -- to describe varying degrees of each.)
So a 29 value would be "middle of the road Lawful" and "really Evil".

The only real value to the system today is shorthand to help with roleplaying, and giving quantified identifiers for use with spells (Protection from Evil) or magic items (sword that does extra damage to Good characters) or class restrictions (paladins being LG, Monks needing to be Lawful), etc.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Neutral Good, and Lawful Neutral...
How about Social Moral?

That could make sense considering the positioning of the images; though I don't much relate to Margaery's quote that they chose to represent the alignment. :laugh:

I do like this model though. There's a lot of depth that is kind of generalized in the 3 by 3 model.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Neutral moral, or so I'd like to think. Possibly social moral.

I think Varys and Margaery should be switched in this chart. As should Jon Snow and Arya. Actually, I don't know if Arya would even approach good/moral anymore. And Jon Snow isn't that chaotic.

I like the labels but the chart is wrong, IMO.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Either lawful good or social good.

Chrysanthea

I scored Chaotic Neutral on the original Alignment chart, but I'd say I am probably closer to Rebel Moral. I do however, wish I were Chaotic Good so that I could be Arya Stark... oh well... :cry:

Mane

Permabanned
Chaotic moral or Rebel moral

I like this, I've never truly felt comfortable as chaotic good or chaotic neutral, having a grey area between is nice.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chaotic moral or Rebel moral

I like this, I've never truly felt comfortable as chaotic good or chaotic neutral, having a grey area between is nice.

I think you're chaotic evil but that's just me.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
People are somehow afraid to admitting they are evil.

As long as they aren't lawful evil. That's the worst type there is.

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm supposed to be Chaotic Good, but I could be Chaotic Moral either....

KittyK

MBTI Type
INFJ
First comment here :) I'd say I'm either rebel moral or rebel good probably :)

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
I suppose somewhere around True Neutral. I know a lot of people who take this too seriously say that a self aware being can't be entirely neutral. While that's true, there's nothing else in the table that really appeals to me.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've tested as Chaotic Neutral before but I think Neutral Impure is right.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not familiar with a 5-5 chart. Probably neutral good for me, or maybe neutral moral. I become slightly concerned when someone claims they're "true evil" or something similar.

I've never played D&D but if my experience with RPG games is any indicator, it's hard for me to be evil. I tried it in Fallout 3 and still ended up defaulting to the good guy.

Same, I guess my alignment based on RPGs. I couldn't do it either, it's harder than it seems considering it is only a game:D

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not Lawful, Chaotic, Good, or Evil. True Neutral fits me I think. Maybe slightly to the right and down, since I naturally have more potential for Chaotic Evil than Lawful Good.

humblebee

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Rebel Good
Or maybe chaotic good / moral?

Uncertain.

Vorthos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never played D&D but if my experience with RPG games is any indicator, it's hard for me to be evil. I tried it in Fallout 3 and still ended up defaulting to the good guy.

I have the same problem. Knights of the Old Republic was especially hard to be evil. Even the flavour of dark-side powers was generally too atrocious to even consider using.

In the 3x3 alignment system, I was Chaotic Good, and I'm fairly sure my alignment remains unchanged in the 5x5 alignment system.

Though when I play strategy or card games, I am the paragon of Chaotic Neutrality.