• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Hand Type and Dominant Element

nos4a2

Here’s a gypsy parlor trick you can amaze your friends and relatives with. Also, it’s a great pick up opening at bars—I use it myself all the time. :)

It’s a palmistry (chirognomy) system that attempts to link your element with your hand type. I’ll assume all you personality geeks already know the general characteristics associated with the four elements at least as good as I do.

Air: square (short) palm, long fingers
Water: rectangular (long) palm, long fingers
Fire: rectangular palm, short fingers
Earth: square palm, short fingers

á´…eparted

passages
Lol I don't think this will impress many people. Likely to do the opposite actually. More so considering there isn't any correlation between these.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, look, I'm a Water!
(it's cuz my handz look like flippers)

I became a phrenology proponent when I noticed that INTPs have bigger heads. Seriously, if this worries you, I wonder how you feel about the popularity of visual typing?

About the same as I feel about the popularity of Selena Gomez, honestly.

So why do you think hand shape is connected to elements? What's the correlation and why would they be correlated?

EDIT: Oh look, it has a name: Cheirognomy.
Timeless Spirit Magazine
But this page uses different definitions.
I'm more of an air hand there.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
There's no science to support palmistry. Trust me, I have very large bump on my forehead that suggests I have a highly logical mind.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I became a phrenology proponent when I noticed that INTPs have bigger heads. Seriously, if this worries you, I wonder how you feel about the popularity of visual typing?

I'm freaking out.

nos4a2

Hey, look, I'm a Water!
(it's cuz my handz look like flippers)

So why do you think hand shape is connected to elements? What's the correlation and why would they be correlated?

EDIT: Oh look, it has a name: Cheirognomy.
Timeless Spirit Magazine
But this page uses different definitions.
I'm more of an air hand there.

I believe essentially that divination methods can sometimes provide a rough map, and work along the lines of Jung’s synchronicity (meaningful patterns), but are not totally reliable. It was really meant to be a fun thread, not taken that seriously--yet I end up being seen as a phrenology advocate!

In your case, the flippers could be very significant. If you posted a photo of them and your shaved head (for the phrenology reading), I could tell you things about yourself…