First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Well, I'd say it's an over-simplification, but that there is pretty solid evidence that liberals tend to be higher in the Big Five trait "openness to experience" (correlates with MBTI iNtuition), while conservatives tend to be high in conscientiousness (correlates with MBTI Judging).

Still, a correlation doesn't predict whether any given conservative or liberal will score that way. Certainly other factors (like environment) play a role in whether an individual ends up being more conservative or liberal.

As far as the per-state Big Five ratings, here's another set of data that gives the average scores for each state.
    My issue is with the demonization of a political side. Being closed minded is assumed to be a bad thing and is said in a bad light, where as open minded is seen as an absolute good. I actually quite like the statement "don't be so open minded that your brains fall out" because it balances out the over inflated good of being open minded. One should seek balance.

I actually don't like or agree with conservatives a lot of the time, but I can not stand the slinging and stereotypes others, usually the left, throw at them in a generalized way. It does no good.

Judge someone for their [i]views[/], not a label.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

I guess nothing is off limits for typing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

@Hard, the best type I've seen for the US as a whole is ESTJ. It's likely that conservative philosophy would follow an SJ mindset by that measure. Plus the SJ habit of valuing tradition kind of falls within the conservative purview, unless your parties are wholly different to the UK ones. That's not to say that I agree that SJs are close minded. They are more prone to it but, as you know, I don't believe that type = person.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?
    Likes LovelySweet, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Haha...don't want to give away my state here, but it appears to suit me just fine!
    So that would be...denial?
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    So that would be...denial?
    Haha...more like oblivion.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Conservative does NOT equate to closed minded. That is a completely unfair stereotype. It's nothing more than a putdown people use to express disdain. It's not accurate.
    Either that, or they're traditionalists, who prefer the old way. Either way, it @Hard ly makes a difference.
    MBTI:
    Alignment: Chaotic-Neutral
    Sins: Pride > Sloth > Gluttony > Wrath > Greed > Lust > Envy

"Only two things are infinite. The universe, and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -J. K. Rowling
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Huh my state wasnt really broken down... a bit disappointed lol. A producer on the bottom part tho eh yeah I can see that

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Well, I agree with "The Critics" for Illinois and Pennsylvania.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

If we're going by MBTI, my home state California is most definitely an ESFP. Texas seems ESFJ. I've only lived in those two states, so they're the only places where I'm familiar with the people enough to stereotype them.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think there are problems in categorizing larger states.

For example, most of Pennsylvania is concentrated in Philly and Pittsburgh, but there's a ton of real estate geographically in-between with very different values and politics, and it's silly to try to categorize a whole state by whatever the average happens to be since it's not really going to accurately describe the state. A smaller or more homogeneous state might be more effectively summarized.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft