User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hartman personality profiles

1w2 sp/so
    SLE Se

After reading all four of these, I actually don't really identify with any of them. I identify with small parts of all of them except white. Ultimately all of them miss the mark. Guess this theory isn't for me.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

MOTIVE [ Peace ]
    Whites are motivated by Peace. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, whites are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

Whites need their "alone time" and refuse to be controlled by others. Whites want to do things their own way and in their own time. They ask little of others and resent others demanding much of them. Whites are much stronger than people think, but are not often seen for their strength because they don't easily reveal their feelings. Whites are even-tempered, diplomatic, and the voice of reason; but can also be indecisive, unexpressive, and silently stubborn. When you deal with a WHITE, be kind, accept and support their individuality, and look for non-verbal clues to understand their feelings.
    by @magpie

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    359 sp/so
    LIE Ni

I didn't have the patience for the test, nor do I remember much about childhood.. ... but, White.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    5w4 sx
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post

It bummed me out to click on the "30 to 49" age range.
    Welcome to the club of has-beens

I've been looking into this test for a couple of weeks now. In fact, it inspired my thread on converging the systems. I think the basic gist is that it is simply the four temperament theory with a new name. In the book, Hartman explains how that each person is really a blend of all four colors. Ironically, four colors with four different ordering of sequences brings us to 16, but they don't precisesly correspond to MBTI. Therefore, you're going to get an INFP, ISFJ, etc., scoring the same color, even when they're not alike, accept maybe they're both quiet and both have a tendency to care.

My aunt, who in MBTI is such an ES-J, that her police chief told her she was too curt during arrests, is a clear Red. But she also does have a caring side, so she scores a little blue (pencil and paper version allows more nuances.) She is big into this test. She likes how it's cut and dry and easy to remember. I don't. I think that it over-simplifies. In her mind, I was a Red before I ever took the test. She kept badgering me about it. I took the test and got 50/50 on my White and Blue scores, both out-weighing the Red by a large margin. She blew a gasket. How could her beloved test be so wrong? Surely, I didn't understand the questions.

Yes, that was it. So, she preceded to rescore me. I was clearly a Red in her eyes because, "Blues are whiny do-gooders and Whites are lazy pacifists." And I couldn't be those colors because I work hard and don't go around crying in front of people. So, my point in telling you this little snippet of personal history with this test is to say, "I don't really like it," or maybe more aptly, I don't like it in the hands of someone who insists on forcing people to "fit" a category whether they do or not.

She literally said, "Reds are the best people. So, you have to be a Red."
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese
    Likes Hard, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

415 sx/so
    EIE Ni

I was a yellow child and am now a blue adult.
    Enneagram 4dw 1w2 5w4 sx/so {The Researcher}
    Oldham Styles Mercurial, Sensitive, Idiosyncratic
    Temperament Sanguine Melancholic proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners.. bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes..
    ~ Isaiah 61:1,3

7w8 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post

Motive [ Fun ]

Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yellows need to be adored and praised. While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart

Yellows need to look good socially, and friendships command a high priority in their lives. Yellows are happy, articulate, engaging of others and crave adventure. Easily distracted, they can never sit still for long. They embrace each day in the "present tense" and choose people who, like themselves, enjoy a curious nature. Yellows are charismatic, spontaneous, and positive; but can also be irresponsible, obnoxious, and forgetful. When you deal with a YELLOW, take a positive, upbeat approach and promote light-hearted, creative, and fun interactions.

While this is accurate in some areas, in others it's totally wrong and it misses the core of my personality. A large part of it though is who I was as a child is rather different than I am now.
    Exact same result. Exact same criticism.

MOTIVE [ Power ]
    Reds are motivated by Power. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, reds want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. Reds value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What reds value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

Reds like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. Reds are confident, proactive, and visionary; and but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When you deal with a RED, be precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!
    Soooo this is based on what I was like as a child? I don't disagree at all, but I'm a type A fuckhead through and through.
    "Ours is essentially a tragic age, so we refuse to take it tragically. The cataclysm has happened, we are among the ruins, we start to build up new little habitats, to have new little hopes. It is rather hard work: there is now no smooth road into the future: but we go round, or scramble over the obstacles. We’ve got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen."

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Since it was asking for how I was as a child, it gave the wrong reflection.
    I know this is an old post to respond to, but meh.

Anyway, this is what really put me off from the test. I think I get why they are asking it though...1. as children, we are typically more happy and fulfilled (provided you were a middle to upper class child) and 2. they are trying to get us to look objectively at our behaviors. It's easier to do so if we think about ourselves from a different point in time.

However, I, like many others, am quite different than how I was as a child. I most certainly am not a completely different person...but for better or worse, I have changed as I grew up.

just hanging in limbo Array Smilephantomhive's Avatar
    638 sp/so

I got blue. I liked to be around people more as a child.

It was kind of hard to answer these questions since I acted different at home and at school. I based this more when I was with me friends.